Awesome Weather, Clear Skies

WinnieTheKhwai

Hey M.Hulot, you know, its one of those weird things...

You count one or two..then as your eyes adjust, you see a few more. Counted. Then, you see more. Counted. Then its like suddenly someone switches on the lights up there..and impossible to count anymore!

Darn!

I have another 'darn' for you, M. Hulot. I tried to send you a personal message just now, to express my appreciation for your generosity at Tuskers last night, and the following appeared in response:

This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled or they are in a member group not allowed to use the personal messenger.

This personal message has not been sent

As a result, my gratitude is now a matter of public record! :o

Everyone suddenly got real quiet about the weather and visibility.. :D

What an awesome day yesterday, and this morning.. And that for March!!

Who wants to complain about good weather???? :o

How hot is it really? Yesterday, Monday, at Hang Dong, my temperature guage,in the shade, hit 39 degrees and I would imagine the rest of the CM area was similar but Yahoo weather insists the max temperature is around 32 degrees. The 3 day forecast is for scattered thunderstorms max 31/32. Do they record the temperature in a fridge ?

How hot is it really? Yesterday, Monday, at Hang Dong, my temperature guage,in the shade, hit 39 degrees and I would imagine the rest of the CM area was similar but Yahoo weather insists the max temperature is around 32 degrees. The 3 day forecast is for scattered thunderstorms max 31/32. Do they record the temperature in a fridge ?

Why go to Yahoo for Chiang Mai weather? The Thai Meteorological Department ( http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=2 ) report that yesterday's highest temperature was 37.3 degrees, not too far off your Hang Dong reading. I think the TMD measuring station is at the airport.

/ Priceless

Why go to Yahoo for Chiang Mai weather? The Thai Meteorological Department ( http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=2 ) report that yesterday's highest temperature was 37.3 degrees, not too far off your Hang Dong reading. I think the TMD measuring station is at the airport.

/ Priceless

Well I just happened to be on Yahoo checking out temp in Bali. Irrespective of what web site it wasnt even close and your web site is probably where they get their misinformation

/ Priceless

Well I just happened to be on Yahoo checking out temp in Bali. Irrespective of what web site it wasnt even close and your web site is probably where they get their misinformation

That doesn't seem very likely, since they disagree by 5.3 degrees :o

/ Priceless

I think the TMD station is at the foot of Doi Suthep where it's cooler.

What one would really like to know is where the Yahoo weather station is located :o

/ Priceless

Do you all really believe the air quality is good?? It's only good compared to what it was 3 weeks ago.

The PM10 reading at City Hall yesterday was 93 and in the city it was 102. It's gone up every day for almost a week and if it doesn't rain it will be an unhealthy 120 in a day or two.

I could barely see the mountian today and there have been plenty of small fires burning all over the area.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

What one would really like to know is where the Yahoo weather station is located :D

/ Priceless

Close to Google bus station? :o

Do you all really believe the air quality is good?? It's only good compared to what it was 3 weeks ago.

The PM10 reading at City Hall yesterday was 93 and in the city it was 102. It's gone up every day for almost a week and if it doesn't rain it will be an unhealthy 120 in a day or two.

I could barely see the mountian today and there have been plenty of small fires burning all over the area.

Am I the "Mr. Wizard" (referred to somewhere above) who is supposed to suggest all is nasty in Chiang Mai? Hope not.

But el jefe"s post is realistic. Chiang Mai is not yet out of the nasty season. Wish it were, but it is not so.

"Nasty," of course, is a relative term? Are you following a smoke-belching song tao down the street? Or can't you tell if the trees on Doi Suthep are green, blue, or grey --- or, are there trees?! Whatever!

It seems, this year, that we are experiencng a relatively normal sequence of a climate cycle that, however, began with a somewhat earlier than"normal" build-up of PM<10 pollution interupted by some rather unusually early showers including one fairly comprehensive area-wide all-night soak. And that certainly came at the right time! Priceless can plot all that.

In recent days, the pollution has generally been building. Let's hope for the best, but, apparently, the rain interrupted the rice straw burning that normally occurs.

Anyway, the problem hasn't been solved, has it? An optimist, I am cleaning my air conditioners --- a disgustingly blackish result --- but why should that be so? We can't wash out our lungs, can we?

"Nasty," of course, is a relative term? Are you following a smoke-belching song tao down the street? Or can't you tell if the trees on Doi Suthep are green, blue, or grey --- or, are there trees?! Whatever!

Anyway, the problem hasn't been solved, has it? An optimist, I am cleaning my air conditioners --- a disgustingly blackish result --- but why should that be so? We can't wash out our lungs, can we?

I just left CM to visit the family near Palm Springs California. Just west of LA. It's amazing how much better I feel without the burden of constant carbon monoxide poisoning and PM. My stomach, skin and sinuses are so much happier after just a couple of days here. I was in CM for much of March this year. Never again. It's just not worth the health damage. Looking forward to coming back in June when the cleansing rains are in full force.

Better stick with weather.com , and then only for the weather REPORTS, not any predictions which are wrong (or misleading at the very least) across the board, no matter what site you check.

This is yesterday, high of 37 : http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/busi...amp;when=033109

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I just left CM to visit the family near Palm Springs California. Just west of LA. It's amazing how much better I feel without the burden of constant carbon monoxide poisoning and PM. My stomach, skin and sinuses are so much happier after just a couple of days here. I was in CM for much of March this year. Never again. It's just not worth the health damage. Looking forward to coming back in June when the cleansing rains are in full force.

Have they moved Palm Springs :o Last time I looked, it was about 110 miles east of LA.

/ Priceless

Have they moved Palm Springs :o Last time I looked, it was about 110 miles east of LA.

/ Priceless

it's about 110 miles from LAX but still located in Riverside county which many consider east LA or quite near the LA basin. Surely Google earth etc or general maps could clear up your lack of geography P.L.

/ Priceless

it's about 110 miles from LAX but still located in Riverside county which many consider east LA or quite near the LA basin. Surely Google earth etc or general maps could clear up your lack of geography P.L.

I was just commenting on what you wrote. Please read the bold red sentence above. I don't think I'm the one suffering from "lack of geography" :D

/ Priceless

/ Priceless

I was just commenting on what you wrote. Please read the bold red sentence above. I don't think I'm the one suffering from "lack of geography" :D

/ Priceless

it just illustrates how petty and pedantic you are about this thread. Riverside county is considered just east of L.A. Is Palm Springs not in Riverside County? It's certainly not considered west of Phoenix or south of Sacramento in terms of proximity. Let's say its not considered close to LA by some. So what?

/ Priceless

it just illustrates how petty and pedantic you are about this thread. Riverside county is considered just east of L.A. Is Palm Springs not in Riverside County? It's certainly not considered west of Phoenix or south of Sacramento in terms of proximity. Let's say its not considered close to LA by some. So what?

So then I guess I am "petty and pedantic". I just wanted to point out that Palm Springs, on my maps, is to the EAST of LA (to the right on most maps) and not to the WEST (to the left). You obviously don't agree, so let's leave it at that.

/ Priceless

Well, wherever they are located in relation to one another, I for one am pleased beyond measure that both L.A. and Palm Springs, along with the rest of the United States, are a long, long, long way from here, where I happen to be. :o