Do You Use Moisturizer On Your Body?

Jingthing

Do you use moisturizer on your body?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just love to moisturize. I came rather late to this but don't know how I got along so long without it. By the way, Boots has a great sale on ORGANIC BODY BUTTER until April, don't delay. 3 containers for 399, normally 280 per container.

This poll is about body moisturizing, not face.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, here's the drill: In the morning, wash with tea tree oil soap and moisturize with something containing sunscreen.

Bedtime, exfoliate, then moisturize--on night 1 with alpha hydroxy creme, night 2 with retin-A (on face only) and night three with regular moisturizer, then start the cycle again.

Ah, exfoliation. I started to use a loofah pad. Its great.

I find the loofah pad (every other day) works so well I don't really understand why people use expensive gritty goos. Are they that much more effective?

Mods, I hope this topic is gay enuf.

Edited by Jingthing

ORGANIC BODY BUTTER

Those words says it, no need to comment further...

BTW, have you some dealership with BOOTS? I have noticed their products being expensive compared to those one can buy from regular pharmacies. And if someone asks why I know, is because someone close to me wears so much different kind of stuff that it makes me wanna puke. Sometimes, that is. :o

Ah, exfoliation. I started to use a loofah pad. Its great.

I find the loofah pad (every other day) works so well I don't really understand why people use expensive gritty goos. Are they that much more effective?

Mods, I hope this topic is gay enuf.

gay enuf for me.........

the loofah pad is fine for the body but too rough for the face......gritty goos are not really expensive (Nivea, etc.) because they last a loooooong time

I have noticed their products being expensive compared to those one can buy from regular pharmacies.

I don't think you are going to find any local Thai pharmacies are going to carry ORGANIC BODY BUTTER. Now is the time to stock up. Sale ends soon. Don't miss out!

That is true, loofah on the face only for the M's among us, you know who you are ...

Edited by Jingthing

Well the ingredients are "organic" and its a creamy luxurious moisturizer. The Body Shop chain is really big on it. Seems to usually have a base of cocoa butter. It absorbs very easily into the skin, can last 24 hours, and softens the skin. I got motivated to try different moisturizing products due to a dry skin condition that was very uncomfortable, more of a medical condition than a cosmetic issue. Using both loofah and BODY BUTTER has really helped me, but as you can see body butter is very expensive, that's why the sale right now as Boots is such a good deal. Sometimes Body Shop has good sales also.

http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/bodyshop/br...goryId=cat20065

BTW, I have tried so many kinds of moisturizer and they are not all the same. Many people would do fine with cheaper options, you really have to experiment.

BTW, as far as I tell the Body Shop and Boots BODY BUTTERS (aside from some of the specific "flavorings") are very, very similar. It wouldn't shock me if the same factory makes them but I don't really know.

A friend of mine who hangs with a lot of African American men (wink wink nod nod) tells me that black men get all "ashy" if they don't moisturizer all the time, and BODY BUTTER and other cocoa butter preparations are quite popular to cut the ash.

Edited by Jingthing

love the smell of Citra, If I was gay i would BUTTER my body with it everyday :o

26100n_091505_Citra_Packshot_L.jpg

I don't think most of us want to smell like women, but thanks for sharing buddy! I won't be buying any goo in a PINK package, thank you very much.

Edited by Jingthing

I suppose this might be yet another poll, but to keep it gay enuf, do y'all also moisturize your tackle? If not, why not? I know I do.

........on a regular basis but always water-based which brings up the subject of facials.............

Interesting. I wouldn't assume using a non-water based moisturizer would cause condoms to break assuming it had been absorbed into the skin, yes?

I think you are correct in that. But there is a great product out there (in farangland) called MOO Cream. MOO as in cow, not pork. It was developed to treat chafed cow udders and later discovered by women (and men) to be an excellent moisturizer. It was sold for a long time at Trader Joe's markets, then discontinued, but I am told it is now available at Wal Mart of all places. I buy from their website and stock up about once a year. There are several uses for it besides cow udders and faces; it does not dry out and washes out easily from clothing or bedding. It is mostly water based but contains some mineral oil and lanolin so is probably not safe to use with condoms.

The website is udderlysmooth.com

Edited by popshirt

love the smell of Citra, If I was gay i would BUTTER my body with it everyday :o

26100n_091505_Citra_Packshot_L.jpg

I don't think most of us want to smell like women, but thanks for sharing buddy! I won't be buying any goo in a PINK package, thank you very much.

Correct me if I`m wrong Jingthing, Gay men do like to smell like a girl right?? (some)....I had a gay colleague who would spray Womens perfume...and use scented lotions and heard of other males using girly products?!?!?

Edited by junki3korean

By and large and on the whole and as a sweeping generalisation you're wrong. Gay men like to smell nice but they like to smell like men. That's so they can attract other gay men. Gay men like men - they don't like girls.

Yep, endure is correct. Many heteros only notice flamboyant effeminate gays and ladyboy types which are the most visible, but represent a small minority of the total of homosexual men who look like anyone else, moisturized or not.

I've just returned from hunting-gathering in Silom and the Boots at Silom Complex does not have the body butter on sale. It is 200 baht for a small jar. The Boots across the street offers it at the same price. I guess it is like the banks, everything changes according to postal code.