Schools In Pattaya

baetterdoe

My wife's cousin is going to move in to our house in Pattaya (close to Wat Boonsamphan), and I wondered if there were anyone who can recommend a good school for her to attend. She is 14 years old and has one year left before high school.

<br />My wife's cousin is going to move in to our house in Pattaya (close to Wat Boonsamphan), and I wondered if there were anyone who can recommend a good school for her to attend. She is 14 years old and has one year left before high school.<br />

Before anyone can make any recommendations, they will probably need to know if your wife's cousin is Thai or Farang, What your educational objectives are etc. There are a lot of schools in different price ranges with different suitabilities.

Edited by rmicheald

Good points. She is Thai, as she has one more year to go before high school I doubt much thought has been given as to what direction she wants her education to take. Prestige of school is not important, quality and (to a lesser degree) location is.

As to the price I have to admit I have absolutely no idea what private schools are likely to cost in tuition fees.

Good points. She is Thai, as she has one more year to go before high school I doubt much thought has been given as to what direction she wants her education to take. Prestige of school is not important, quality and (to a lesser degree) location is.

As to the price I have to admit I have absolutely no idea what private schools are likely to cost in tuition fees.

Well, the next questions before anyone can offer suggestions are: Location and price range...

Three members of my extended 'family' attend Aksorn on Thepprasit. They are aged between 12 and 14. Appears well organised.

Not sure, but I believe the fees are approx Baht25-30k per year. Additional cost for transport - no idea of the cost. The 'family' use this to travel to the school from Soi Khao Noi with daily pickups and dropoffs.

They do have a website ( www.aksorn.ac.th/ ) but appears to be only in Thai.