Bringing Car Over

Hi if I get my car over to Ko Tao from Chomphon what are my options for onward travel by ferry? Or do I have to come back to Chumphon? Many thanks for your help.

Hi if I get my car over to Ko Tao from Chomphon what are my options for onward travel by ferry? Or do I have to come back to Chumphon? Many thanks for your help.

I don't think it's a car ferry running from Chumpon.

Koh Tao is 7x3 km. You do not need a car there.

Best thing you can do if you only visit Koh Tao: Leave your car at the Seatrans ferry car park at Don Sak for a compulsory, but inexpensive security charge.

Or: Go to Samui first and check in at one of Samuis resorts for 1 night or more, tell them you come back for another night(s) and leave the car in the meantime there.

You can actually bring your can to KT on the night boat from Chumphon but it's expensive, around 4k Baht ( I think ) Really not a good idea though with very narrow road and such a small island. The only way to get off the island with the car is same service back to Chumphon. As already mentioned, leave the car on mainland...

Drive into Chumphon and go to the farang bar. Opposite is the Chumphon garden hotel. Park your car in there for free then get a ticket to Tao from farang bar and get the seatran to Tao. Going back you get free transport to the farang bar. Easy. Taking the car to Tao is expensive and needles. Good luck :o