You know you've been in the west too long when:

meemiathai

You rudely push some asian people away who are in your way in the streets and show that <deleted>... expression on your face

do you know how many times I've been in line at the local mini-mart, and some asian will come up and just put their stuff in front of me?  and of course the clerk will ring them up because they are thai?  all of what you said goes both ways, you know!

???

You blame the government of an asian country for trying to stop you from disrespectfully fxxking their women(sorry for being rude)

no, we just blame them for spoiling the party!

anyway, I've always respected every asian woman I've fxxked (sorry for being so blunt).

The thread, "you know you have been in T.L. too long when..."  is not criticizing Thais or Thailand, it is pointing out the things that make it different/odd/unusual/fun etc. as compared to living in the "west".

In other words, why we all want to live here.

I've overheard Aussies in London slagging the UK off, but they try every trick in the book to extend their stay.  Why?

You know you've been in the West too long:

- when you can't find a single smiling person in UK (obviously never got any further than Heathrow) and think that Greek gals are the "MOST BEAUTIFUL" in the West (do you think Meemiathai got his leg over there?). Go to Sweden next time matey.

:o  :D

I have contributed to this thread but now I am confused....what is this 'West' business? West Los Angeles?...west coast of the US?...West Midlands?...western boots and clothing?

West LA ain't bad...I lived in Venice for awhile...not too bad until the rollerskaters increased property values and rents. The West Coast has got LA, Big Sur, SF, North Coast, Florence, Astoria, Seattle and Vancouver BC...not bad places. Birmingham has got good Indian food...best balti in the world and you can get cowboy hats and boots in department stores in Beijing.

And then...there was Lesley West...one of the best guitarists to come out of the US.

So... don't put down the 'WEST'...loggin' boots with big spikes (corks, as we call them) have West Coast stamped all over them.

How about western cuisine?...western cheeseburgers, western coq au vin, western gang soom?...nothing like western ham and eggs with loads of coffee and a waitress called Mabel.

'When I die

take my saddle from the wall

put it on my pony and lead him from his stall

load me up

and turn our faces to the WEST

and we'll ride the prairie

that we love the best...'

markt...thank you for your info...but I would prefer non-literal interpretations and certainly NOT anything pertaining to political correctness. If this was the case then evil knives with glinting steel are in order.

Western tacos, western sushi, western outlaw HD motorbikes with bad ass Hells Angels astride...black and chicano gangs of LA and Oakland...not middle class, caucasian citizens that run from the shit...

When you are from the WEST there ain't nothing to discuss or anything to be afraid of...

Take that and some Rice Crispies whoever the <deleted> it was that opened this thread...don't ever mess with 'The West'

(you know...I always wanted to own one of them bikes...)