Confused About Re Entry Permits At Airpport ?

Went to Suan Phlu today to get rights of stay chops changed from old to new passport. Apart from bein g fckud about going from office to office and desk to desk, I eventually succeeded to get the new passport done.

I then noticed that my multi re entry valid until November had not been transferred to the new passport. Upon querying this, I was told that as the rentry had been issued at the Airport it must also be transferred there !!!!! But, I pointed out that the office was closed and now contained nothing more than cobwebs, but was told someone was there to do such jobs !!

Has anyone noticed any forlorn figure/s still moping around that office or was he trying to tell me that someone in the Airport can carry out the task ?

Immigration in airport can handle emergency re-entry permit issue so perhaps ask there. Believe I would just obtain a new permit if your extension of stay is from here rather than try finding/getting a transfer at airport.

Last time I flew the re-entry desk was still there and manned (but with 'closed' signs), but that was a month back.

I suppose it depends how much you value your time, if it's more than 3,600 Baht for half a day go an get a new permit at immigration :o