Proof Of Income

I want to verify docs needed for proof of income for visa exstension.

I know you can use tax receipts or letter from your embassy, but what if you want to use income from local job, but have not been working for a full year.

Would your work permit and bank book showing monthly deposits with "SAL" shown in the description of transaction be enough to prove your salary?

If not ,would you need a copy of payslip or letter from employer?

Perhaps it is because most offices seem to have heartburn with income this year. They want to see 400k in a bank account now that it has returned to the playing field. Many people seem to be getting turned down when asking to use income (but suspect some may be trying to use last years family income rather than this years husband income).

Believe you need to ask the office that will handle your application as not at all sure that one answer fits all. The rule is below - it is up to the office what they want:

5. Only for Criteria (5) and (6), the applicant must attach a funds deposit certificate issued by a bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook, or attach documents proving that the parents or alien husband earns an average monthly income of no less than Baht 40,000 throughout the year, such as any particular individual income tax return together with payment receipt, evidence of receiving retirement pension, evidence of receiving interest from funds deposit, or evidence of having other funds issued by the relevant agency. An affidavit must also be submitted confirming the alien’s marital or parental status with a Thai national.
Edited by lopburi3

• 4 weeks later...

I have not done it personally but recently had an IM chat with somebody because while he was in his 30 day wait period they called and wanted a copy of his tax return (PND 91). He had used PND 1's (Withholding Income Tax Return) for the previous 3 months when he did the application.

I think they wanted this as proof that he had filed his tax return or as a back-up to the PND 1's

*bump*

Has any one tried to extend based upon income, courious if anyone has been successful ???

I tried this using income derived from personal investments within Thailand. I had tax receipt document for income from the previous year P.N.D. 90 + documented ownership of shares in various public companies, and ownership of 3 condominiums which are rented out + the witholding tax receipts for this current year. The reply from the immigration officer was no work permit = can not use this as proof of income.

So without wp, income from in thailand is not acceptable and was told that you must deposit the 400,000 baht into one bank account. It's quite annoying that they did not even consider the amount of monthly income from these investments, yet if you have the very minimum 40k per month (even if you just still in the probationary period of a job, then that get's approved.) I believe the immigration officer could not quite understand that people that own companies and real estate can actually have an income without working. Well one thing that is a fact, government's don't put their brightest public servants to work on the frontline service of the immigration office - ever.