Overstay But Work Permit Valid

:o i HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY VISA I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME ABOUT THIS

I apply for non-immigrant B and after this I got a work permit.

I don't know that after this I will go to immigration again and my boss didn't inform me about this also.

Now, I'm planning to have my vacation in Philippine for 3 weeks so yesterday I went to immigration to get a re-entry permit

but when i went there they said I'm overstay so I was shock about this..So i have to pay for my 10 days overstay here and they can't give me a re-entry permit..they said "don't worry you just pay your overstay in the airport and then go to the thai embassy in phil to get a re-entry".

Is this correct?

i'm worried that if I can't get a re-entry my work permit will be cut..

My departure is next month already so,,i'm on cramming now! :D

anyone here can give me information about this, please?

A visa only allows a 90 day stay unless extended. It appears you did not do that and have been here over 90 days? So overstay and owe 500 baht per day (or perhaps jail/court if regular police stop you before you leave - not likely to happen but could). You need to exit country and pay fine asap. You will also have to obtain a new non immigrant B visa. Doing so in Manila may be difficult as they have a very poor record of being helpful. Be sure to have all company documents and work permit with you. Also have phone/fax numbers available in case they need 'extra' paperwork from your employer.

Edited by lopburi3

A visa only allows a 90 day stay unless extended. It appears you did not do that and have been here over 90 days? So overstay and owe 500 baht per day (or perhaps jail/court if regular police stop you before you leave - not likely to happen but could). You need to exit country and pay fine asap. You will also have to obtain a new non immigrant B visa. Doing so in Manila may be difficult as they have a very poor record of being helpful. Be sure to have all company documents and work permit with you. Also have phone/fax numbers available in case they need 'extra' paperwork from your employer.

thanks lopburi!

so can i pay my overstay fine in the suvarnabhumi airport when i go back to phil?

is going back to philippine is the only solution for this problem?

yes this thursday i will go back to phil.

and can i process my non-immigrant B in phil and if I can get non-B there, can i get re-entry permit in my country too so that my work permit won't be cut?

A long time ago I went to Suan Plu Immigration for an extension and found I was 2 days overstayed, was told to visit an office on 4th floor pay the fine then come back downstairs and get an extension. Don't know if you can till do that.

If you check the date in your Work Permit you will find that it works together with your Visa. If you are on overstay already it is possible your work permit is cancelled already. I'd go and check with the Labour Office to see where you stand on that though.

You can only get a re-entry permit in Thailand and all it does is keep your current permitted to stay until stamp alive. It has no effect on work permits. They old system with work permits was they had to match stay but now believe they are issued for a year at a time so entry/exit is not a problem. So if your work permit is still valid for awhile your travel should not effect it. You just use a new visa for your entry next time.

If you check the date in your Work Permit you will find that it works together with your Visa. If you are on overstay already it is possible your work permit is cancelled already. I'd go and check with the Labour Office to see where you stand on that though.

My work permit is still valid until dec. 2009

the problem is i didn't extend my visa.

You can only get a re-entry permit in Thailand and all it does is keep your current permitted to stay until stamp alive. It has no effect on work permits. They old system with work permits was they had to match stay but now believe they are issued for a year at a time so entry/exit is not a problem. So if your work permit is still valid for awhile your travel should not effect it. You just use a new visa for your entry next time.

Beg to disagree Lopburi3. I lost my Work Permit at the end of last year for being one day late. I now have been issued with a new 1 year Work Permit in January of this year and the stamp on it is still 90 days and runs with my visa. I therefore still have to inform the Labour Office that I'm leaving the country to renew my visa and then I have to return to the Labour Office the following day to say I'm back and then they stamp it for another 90 days.

That is why I said "believe" as am not sure - and not sure that it is the same for all offices. She claims the work permit is still valid so if it was marked for 90 days believe she would know it.

At any rate she needs to pay fine/leave and obtain a new non immigrant B visa. If anything has to be done with work permit it will be after those items have been taken care of.