Windows 7 And Avast ?

CosmicSurfer

I'm thinking of installing Windows 7.... Does anyone know if Avast Home (Free) will work with it.

I can't find any mention of Win7 on their site.

If not Avast... Then What ??

Thanks for any info.

CS

I am running Avira anti virus its free and giving me no problems on windows 7 and the new 8.

Guest Reimar
I'm thinking of installing Windows 7.... Does anyone know if Avast Home (Free) will work with it.

I can't find any mention of Win7 on their site.

If not Avast... Then What ??

Thanks for any info.

CS

I am running Avira anti virus its free and giving me no problems on windows 7 and the new 8.

:o:D :D :D :D

• 5 months later...

The free Avast is what I used when I first tried Windows 7. It seemed to work fine. Since I am a happy Norton Internet Security user, I have since installed my Norton subscription. I was surprised that Norton upgraded me to Internet Security 2010 and added an extra 30 days to my current subscription. I had previously emailed Norton and told them that their support was pathetic.

Avast works just fine on Win7.

For me it's the best, and my major criteris is that it's the least annoying of all AV software I've ever tried. Unlike Avira it doesn't run a splash screen on every boot, for example.

That's exactly why I am use Avast instead of Avira as well the pop up is very annoying

Avast home edition is a free antivirus program, but you will need to register it each year to get a free license key for it. Avast! is of course the best antivirus for Windows.

Sorry to dis agree MacAfee, Avast does not stop viruses getting in , I had Avast it is not as good as MacAfee, i know Avast is free but believe me after you have had a few nasty bugs and paid to get your computer repaired , its worth buying one.Norton is a memory hogger takes up to much memory , again just my opinion

Avast home edition is a free antivirus program, but you will need to register it each year to get a free license key for it. Avast! is of course the best antivirus for Windows.

Sorry to dis agree MacAfee, Avast does not stop viruses getting in , I had Avast it is not as good as MacAfee, i know Avast is free but believe me after you have had a few nasty bugs and paid to get your computer repaired , its worth buying one.Norton is a memory hogger takes up to much memory , again just my opinion

Norton has corrected the slow down problem. In fact it is now excellent. Check out Norton Internet Security 2010 and I'm sure you will be VERY pleasantly surprised. It's exactly what I want in a security program. It does everything and I don't even know it's there. One license covers three computers.