90 Day Reporting By Mail

I did my second 90 day reporting by mail.

It was due Jan 17 and I know there is a 7 day

grace period before and after for filing with

a 2000B fine if you are late.

So I sent in my paperwork on Jan 10.

Signed and dated copies of ....

1/ TM47 Form

2/ Passport pages; Photo, Entry Visa Type, Retirement Stamp

3/ Arrival card, front and back

4/ Last 90 day receipt

5/ Stamped (3B) Self addressed envelope for the return receipt

I waited, and waited and waited.

Finally on Friday Jan 21 I did not want to take it to Monday

the 24th so I dressed to go to Suan Plu with SO.

But I checked with Service Apt Mgr at noon just before we

left and it had come that morning.

Are they always this slow ??

I suppose it could depend somewhat on whether you posted the package out via regular mail or EMS. Then I think a lot depends on the local mail service. And for me, in Korat, yep, the time frame you experienced is about right and I just did the second report by mail also. Both took about the same amount of time. :o

I have not yet attempted the "reporting by post". However, I am of the opinion that the date the report form (TM 47) is signed by the Immigration officer is the date that you are deemed to have reported. I would suggest that a telephone call to the Immigration office some 4 days after posting would be of benefit.

90 Day Registration

Room 401, Immigration Bureau

Soi Suan Plu

South Sathorn Road

Bangkok 10120

Edit: noted you asked for Thai after post. Sorry. They advise using above address on handout.

Edited by lopburi3

I've done the 90-day reporting by mail only once---and never got the bottom form back. I sent it registered regular mail. The post office person checked and they did receive it (registering the packet helped to verify that fact!), so when I called immigration, they claimed they sent the receipt/form back to me, but alas, it never arrived...could've been a problem with my postman, I suppose. Luckily I was leaving the country before the next 90 days so I didn't have to explain to anyone why I didn't have the little form.

I've done the 90-day reporting by mail only once---and never got the bottom form back. I sent it registered regular mail. The post office person checked and they did receive it (registering the packet helped to verify that fact!), so when I called immigration, they claimed they sent the receipt/form back to me, but alas, it never arrived...could've been a problem with my postman, I suppose. Luckily I was leaving the country before the next 90 days so I didn't have to explain to anyone why I didn't have the little form.

The post losing my return receipt.... And indeed, that is perhaps my biggest "worry". Since it is sent back via your self addressed regular mail envelope, what happens if it is "lost in the mail". My village is notorious for "losing" mail. Because of this I've had it sent it to a rented post office box in Korat and so far no problem, but what if......?

Thanks Lopburi3 as always the man in the know. I was just thinking it would get there easier with the address in Thai.

Cheers, K

If you send it via registered or EMS mail then you have a receipt for it being sent so it wouldn't matter whether the address was labeled in Thai or English. If you really want the address in Thai, I have it, PM me and I'll copy it to you, but really not necessary.

My (first by post ) reporting went registered post two weeks ago to this very day - sent 10 Jan for a reporting date of 25 Jan.

Not a murmur back.

The loss of return receipt in the post fills me with horror -

with whom do I try to reason - even with proof of posting as evidence - the missing receipt which has to be submitted next time I report - eithr postally or personally?

Panic button pressed.