Broke...cant Pay The Bills

Those peanuts who advocate the OP just "doing a runner" back to his home country and forgetting about the debt are the stereotypical low life losers that LOS draws like bees to honey. Waste of bandwidth and oxygen.

seconded!

Those peanuts who advocate the OP just "doing a runner" back to his home country and forgetting about the debt are the stereotypical low life losers that LOS draws like bees to honey. Waste of bandwidth and oxygen.

Then, you probably know of all the thousands of (high flying) Brits fleeing Dubai. Between 10-20 BMWs found daily abandoned at the airport, with the keys in the ignition. Some (fleeing criminals) were courteous enogh to leave a note "Sorry".

In Dubai, you go to prison for not paying yout debts.

Funny, people were listening to those criminals (mainly bankers) and their school of thought about lifestyle and how others not making money were somewhat retarded.

Spending other peoples money with little intention of repaying it ? That is a thief, isnt it?.

Running off to avoid facing creditors? Thats a full on, cut your hand off in Saudi, thief.

Oh the lovely people we get in Thailand. Such shining examples.

I think you will find thailand is full of these sorts, and they arent all farang ! :o

Spending other peoples money with little intention of repaying it ? That is a thief, isnt it?.

Running off to avoid facing creditors? Thats a full on, cut your hand off in Saudi, thief.

I think you will find thailand is full of these sorts, and they arent all farang ! :o

Absolutely. A thief is a thief, no matter where from or what they are. My real lament is that here, so many get away with it, all the way to the top.

Edited by spacefruit

If each ThaiVisa member sent to you two hundred bahts, that would pay your debts... plus some petty cash for a nice piss up party.

Fell free to PM your bank details.

Maybe he should contact his embassy and return home to get some help. LOS is not where you want to stay without money.

this site is sometimes a real joke sites... funny stories, just missing the video

how can he get so much dept ? aren't there credit limits per month ? isn't the bank asking the money at the end of the month ?

how about a possible other version?

The OP came here with not much funds but managed to build up a little business together with his wife running 6 shops and probably creating jobs by doing so. Credit lines they got hand on were measured according to growing cash flow. Now due to a little economic sneeze he (amongst 1000s others) are forced out of business and they cannot maintain payments.

So who is the bad boy after an obvious financial miscalculation, the entrepreneur or the creditor?

Would he have in mind to profit on the bill of society (like most here assume) why would he not just have sold and relocated at a better moment and don't tell me he didn't know where the train was sliding to?

Now this is not a solution to the problem but some balance to the sour view of people who probably never did/risked anything outside of their little mental box.

Unfortunately there have been no comments of business people in this thread so far (I am also not) who might shed some light on how to confront such kind of problems. But maybe there is hope as this is the business forum, no?

The OP came here with not much funds but managed to build up a little business together with his wife running 6 shops and probably creating jobs by doing so. Credit lines they got hand on were measured according to growing cash flow. Now due to a little economic sneeze he (amongst 1000s others) are forced out of business and they cannot maintain payments. So who is the bad boy after an obvious financial miscalculation, the entrepreneur or the creditor?

"first, my last shop (rent), from five shops, still runing and i make some money,

i have to pay arund 2 million to 6 credit cards , and 6 million bank loan, 1.5 car loan .

all on my thai wife name. today she got call from amx, to go to the cort on monday."

PCA, this post does not indicate that the OP was "running" six shops and creating jobs but he was "renting" them out. even if we assume that the present "economic sneeze" got the OP in trouble because he lost tenants of five shops and can't therefore make the payments for mortgages of 6 million Baht the 2 million credit card debt does not indicate "recent debt" but seems to be debt which was accumulated during a much longer period. moreover, an outstanding 1.5 million for a car loan indicates that the OP was living beyond sound means and without any planning.

The OP came here with not much funds but managed to build up a little business together with his wife running 6 shops and probably creating jobs by doing so. Credit lines they got hand on were measured according to growing cash flow. Now due to a little economic sneeze he (amongst 1000s others) are forced out of business and they cannot maintain payments. So who is the bad boy after an obvious financial miscalculation, the entrepreneur or the creditor?

"first, my last shop (rent), from five shops, still runing and i make some money,

i have to pay arund 2 million to 6 credit cards , and 6 million bank loan, 1.5 car loan .

all on my thai wife name. today she got call from amx, to go to the cort on monday."

PCA, this post does not indicate that the OP was "running" six shops and creating jobs but he was "renting" them out. even if we assume that the present "economic sneeze" got the OP in trouble because he lost tenants of five shops and can't therefore make the payments for mortgages of 6 million Baht the 2 million credit card debt does not indicate "recent debt" but seems to be debt which was accumulated during a much longer period. moreover, an outstanding 1.5 million for a car loan indicates that the OP was living beyond sound means and without any planning.

I see your point but then it makes me wonder why he would post his own stupidity here. Anyway I doubt we will ever know more details as he must be pretty pissed from most people's response.

I see your point but then it makes me wonder why he would post his own stupidity here. Anyway I doubt we will ever know more details as he must be pretty pissed from most people's response.

because he likes good company? :o

seconded!

Absolute nonsense, it might be the OPs best option. if the people that lent the money did not do due diligence and have some kind of recourse/collateral backing up the loan then its their own fault. Geez if all banks had been a bit more careful who they lent to , heaven forbid, the world would not be in this mess we are in now.

seconded!

Absolute nonsense, it might be the OPs best option. if the people that lent the money did not do due diligence and have some kind of recourse/collateral backing up the loan then its their own fault. Geez if all banks had been a bit more careful who they lent to , heaven forbid, the world would not be in this mess we are in now.

sure! not the thief is guilty but the one who's goods were stolen :o

seconded!

sure! not the thief is guilty but the one who's goods were stolen :o

Theft is the illegal taking of another person's property without that person's freely-given consent.

Not repaying a loan or credit card is not theft but the breaking of a contract, which should be allowed for in the interest rates and collateral.It is a private agreement between 2 entities.Again returning home my be the OPs best option because you can be sure the banks will do whatever is best for them.

Theft is the illegal taking of another person's property without that person's freely-given consent.

Not repaying a loan or credit card is not theft but...

but FRAUD when it is clear that a contractual agreement cannot be fulfilled. but i agree with you that the OP should return to his home country. Thailand doesn't need losers like him!

More than a decade ago, a young couple in the US realized that they could pay their bills, and decided to apply for all the credit cards they could. They then maxed out the cards, and moved to Australia. Boy, were they smart! The woman's mom died and, when the daughter entered the US to attend her funeral, she was immediately arrested and jailed. Being the noble gent that he was, the husband returned to the US to rescue his wife. He was arrested and jailed. They paid $250,000 restitution (actually, the surviving parents did), and spent 5 years in jail.

first, my last shop(rent), from five shops, still runing and i make some money,

all on my thai wife name. today she got call from amx, to go to the cort on monday.

Monday being Chakri Memorial Day, I doubt that courts will work.

get on a plane.....

• 1 month later...

but FRAUD when it is clear that a contractual agreement cannot be fulfilled. but i agree with you that the OP should return to his home country. Thailand doesn't need losers like him!

from over 8,000 of Naam's posts, I finally agree with one

For the life of me I cannot understand how people can run up such credit card bills. As someone else has said, if you cannot afford to buy using cash then dont bother. And for the record, I dont have a Credit Card
You are in the minority, like my granfather. "if you cant pay cash dont buy " ,tell that to companies that have made a fortune on borrowed money, and on a smaller scale me too,. but anyway back to the op ill bet his car and properties are maxed out and he has no collateral, one way ticket home seems imminent ,. :)

from over 8,000 of Naam's posts, I finally agree with one

Rubbish !,a fraud is only made if the loan was taken out in deception or false application, if he intended to repay and qualified at the time of the loan application then there is no law broken, theres a recession in case you hadnt noticed and even GM are going down the toilet, did they commit fraud,?.businesses are dropping like flies,you lot cocooned in your own little world ought to take look out of the window occasionally, and as for the guy with the problems here ,this quote is totally wrong," Thailand doesn't need losers like him!" ......... thailand loves these people that come here and lose all their money in thailand," Edited by SMEEERE

For the life of me I cannot understand how people can run up such credit card bills. As someone else has said, if you cannot afford to buy using cash then dont bother. And for the record, I dont have a Credit Card
You are in the minority, like my granfather. "if you cant pay cash dont buy " ,tell that to companies that have made a fortune on borrowed money, and on a smaller scale me too,. but anyway back to the op ill bet his car and properties are maxed out and he has no collateral, one way ticket home seems imminent ,. :)

I must be in the minority too then NOW, If i can't afford to pay cash then I don't buy it. I have a credit card from the UK here with me in Thailand but I keep it just incase I ever need to leave in an emergency. I travel home twice a year and always pay cash for the tickets. I went through a bad spell when i was in my early 20's(im now 35) and ran up some credit card debt, it took me almost 5 years to pay it back, I learnt from that and will never do it again, Credit cards are addictive and evil. For the rest of my life its cash or nothing for me. Unless its a real emergency.

I must be in the minority too then NOW, If i can't afford to pay cash then I don't buy it. I have a credit card from the UK here with me in Thailand but I keep it just incase I ever need to leave in an emergency. I travel home twice a year and always pay cash for the tickets. I went through a bad spell when i was in my early 20's(im now 35) and ran up some credit card debt, it took me almost 5 years to pay it back, I learnt from that and will never do it again, Credit cards are addictive and evil. For the rest of my life its cash or nothing for me. Unless its a real emergency.

The cards like alcohol arent the problem my friend,its all about management,and cards are safer than cash,lose a load of cash you wont see it again, if a card is lost/used, you will be covered, just my own personal thoughts about useage,. :D

The cards like alcohol arent the problem my friend,its all about management,and cards are safer than cash,lose a load of cash you wont see it again, if a card is lost/used, you will be covered, just my own personal thoughts about useage,. :D

In one respect I agree, I was a little naive. I was just getting my business set up and that took all my money, but still being in my early 20's I wanted the going out and have the partying lifestyle too, thats what the credit cards paid for. But like I put in my previous post I have learnt from that, both my busineses are doing well even in the current climate and Im debt free and happy. One of life's lessons learnt. I agree 100% regarding losing cash but I tend not to leave the house with a lot of cash anyway (usually around 3000thb in my wallet) unless I know Im going out to buy something. If I need more when im out there are ATM's in most places I shop anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

yes, my wife get credt up to 2 mil bhat, even she not ask !!!!

yes, my wife get credt up to 2 mil bhat, even she not ask !!!!

If you can't see a way out of this in time, I'd get on home. Seriously, this could get bad.

Good luck.