Thai Banks To Start Charging For Atm Withdrawals ...

You guys are right, I only tried this at SCB because they seem to have the best buy rate in USD/THB anywhere. I have looked at Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn, etc. and they always eem to offer the best buy. Now, the woman that I spoke with seemed pretty confident about this quoted rate as I asked her twice about doing the transaction via a debit from my checking and not as a credit card advance. Her english was excellent and was very polite actually. I have an account there as well. In any case, if anyone else can try the same OTC cash advance elsewhere and let us know of your experience then please do. I was actually hoping that this would be the way to pull funds from overseas in larger amounts and not get rammed up the arse for it though. :o

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yesterday evening used my nationwide flex card at kasikorn,no charge and got 51.90 .

I can confirm - but will it last - have they just been slow in implementing the changes, or even forgotten sssshhhhhhhhh!

It seems to be true, khunjake -- no matter how many different ways it's explained, some people don't seem to be getting the message.

I'll take one last brief stab at a summary of the information we learned today by khunjake's experience at SCB

1) If you go to SCB's ATM and use a Debit Card to withdraw 20,000 Baht from a foreign account, your account will be charged a 150 Baht fee ( US $4.25 )

2) If you go to the counter in the same bank and ask for 20,000 Baht, you'll be charged US $21.65 due to the difference in the Exchange Rate between the ATM and the counter.

3) If you go to a Kasikorn or Ayudhya or GSB ATM and use the same Debit Card, there won't be ANY additional charge.

How long Kasikorn and Ayudhya will continue to NOT charge the 150 Baht fee is unknown, but there is reason to suspect that GSB will remain free of the 150 Baht charge because they don't appear to be a member of the cabal that created this mess.

Kasikorn and Ayudhya are definitely members, so presumably should be making the charge, unless it is voluntary and they have opted out - but don't think GSB are - see:

http://www.tba.or.th/tbamembers.htm

Some here get it and some don't. Can't and won't explain every small detail

Well, I won't explain every small detail either -- no lectures on the 'float', time value of money, etc. And while hating to be repetitive, I guess I have to be.

While the lady said there would be no difference between using your credit card or debit card, she was right, so far as it concerns SCB. But you would certainly see a difference at your issuing bank's end. Do you think there's not a cost -- to you -- for the 30 day carrying time between a debit "cash advance" and a credit cash advance? Get it?

The exorbitant cost at SCB sounds like they might be doing a version of dynamic currency conversion (DCC) at their counter -- servicing banks love it (as do merchants, when involved). I won't explain every small detail -- Google has plenty.

As someone mentioned, some banks are still giving the ATM spot rates at their counters. Well, sure. It's just a person acting as an intermediary with the ATM process. Costlier to the bank, of course, and if high volumes develop at these 'good deal' counters, you could see some add on fees. SCB (and maybe others) have decided to either tack on fees to the currency conversion rates they get from the Visa/MC networks -- or are actually doing the conversion themselves, milking not only the customer, but Visa/MC (who deplore DCC). I guess they figure they can get away with it, as they probably have (with the guy that needs an instant 250k).

Not sure exactly what it is you thought I "didn't get?" I certainly believe they quoted you an absurdly high rate -- certainly well above the Visa/Mc network rate being offered outside at their ATM machine. And it's reasonable to believe that the lady would have accepted either your debit or credit card -- no difference to her.

I guess you didn't agree with my elaboration -- or just "didn't get it."

Looking at the SCB website

http://www.scb.co.th/html/exchange/bk-txtexchange.htm

At the bottom of the page there is a lower rate quoted for credit card cash advances.

Jim Gant, I posted this link earlier and it appears that you are right. At the moment I have no idea what Dynamic currency conversion is, but that IS the phrase Siam Bank uses on their website.

post-12326-1240973084_thumb.jpg

It seems to be true, khunjake -- no matter how many different ways it's explained, some people don't seem to be getting the message.

I'll take one last brief stab at a summary of the information we learned today by khunjake's experience at SCB

1) If you go to SCB's ATM and use a Debit Card to withdraw 20,000 Baht from a foreign account, your account will be charged a 150 Baht fee ( US $4.25 )

2) If you go to the counter in the same bank and ask for 20,000 Baht, you'll be charged US $21.65 due to the difference in the Exchange Rate between the ATM and the counter.

3) If you go to a Kasikorn or Ayudhya or GSB ATM and use the same Debit Card, there won't be ANY additional charge.

How long Kasikorn and Ayudhya will continue to NOT charge the 150 Baht fee is unknown, but there is reason to suspect that GSB will remain free of the 150 Baht charge because they don't appear to be a member of the cabal that created this mess.

Understood right from is first message, what i had to say is that Bangkok Bank where yesterday i did an over the counter pre paid card transaction & i got the full spot rate, so is this just an SCB scam again or was this a one off?????? As other posters on here have been blowing SCB's trumpet for their large over the counter transactions & some seem to indicate they have done this for quite some time, so did these other posters miss this 4% loss in the exchange rate i some how don't think so but it would be great if those with experience with SCB counter transaction can check their figures or can they confirm they had the same treatment & never noticed.

Your answer seems to be that you must avoid SCB all together & try other banks.

Mali1964 - first of all my compliments to you (and Chaimai) for your efforts here - and to others regarding US accounts.......

My experiences using the (UK) Nationwide Debit card over the counter at SCB are over a year ago - but they follow the same pattern as yours. They're described in my posts here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Nationwide-F...ft-t213494.html - mentioned way at the front of this thread but worth repeating for those who haven't ploughed through all the posts. No charges at either end - and the exchange rate matched what I would get for an ATM withdrawal (I tested that on the same day as one of my over the counter withdrawals).

I also have 2 Nationwide Flexaccount cards - one Debit (Visa) and one just Cashcard (Cirrus). It's my clear understanding that only the Debit card can be used over the counter. One of my withdrawals was actually 400,000 baht - but maybe SCB have imposed a 250,000 baht limit since then. Given the much lowered interest rates now available in the UK, I plan to get round the 150 baht ATM charges by using the Debit card to draw a lump sum from Nationwide (over the counter in SCB) and then deposit that in my SCB account to be available for (free of charge) SCB ATM withdrawals - using the SCB ATM card, of course.

In passing, I'll mention the following. As it happened, I had to make 2 ATM withdrawals of 13,000 baht (+ 150 charge) from the same SCB ATM on 24 April - one with the Nationwide Debit card and the other with the Nationwide cashcard. I just checked my account online and noticed that the rates are different between the cards:

Debit card (Visa) : THB 13,150 = GBP 254.10 (effective rate 51.75)

Cashcard (Cirrus) : THB 13,150 = GBP 255.09 (effective rate 51.55)

As and when the Nationwide 1% charge for Visa comes in, I had intended to use mainly the Cashcard for ATM withdrawals - but seeing the different rates applied to the two cards for ATM transactions within five minutes of each other, I wonder whether it's much of an issue. In any event, if the Kasikorn/Ayudhaya/GSB options (i.e. no 150 baht charge) don't work, I think I'll almost certainly opt for the Debit card withdrawal over the counter route that I described above.

One final point as a question: has any Nationwide Flexaccount user tried to get their standard GBP300 limit raised? As all we Brits know only too well, that used to get you 20,000 baht just a couple of years ago - and now only gets you 14-15,000 baht.

PS: Seeing donx's post........ I think it's entirely possible that the bank employee was mistaken. As I recommended before for the over the counter route, it's always best to choose a branch that does a fair amount of business with foreigners - and probably a large one. Mistakes do get made and the staff will swear blind that "x" is the case when it isn't (a fluent English-speaker at a small SCB branch insisted to me today that the 150 baht charge is from "your" bank not "our " bank - I'll enjoy showing her the Thai Bankers' Resolution when I go back there............).

with regard to trying to get the gbp 300 limit raised ,i did e mail them the other day ,it was a waste of time as their reply was thank you for enquiring and there is no problem with you using your card in Thailand ,they didnt even bother with my enquiery regarding upping the limit.

Edited by thaimate

I haven't had to use the OTC (over the counter) approach for withdrawals as yet, because there are still fee-free ATM options....

But about OTC, a couple of questions did occur to me that I don't recall seeing addressed here:

1. If a person wants to do that using their foreign debit card, do they need to have a personal bank account with the bank where they are doing the transaction, or is it just like using a currency exchange booth, where they don't care whether you bank with that bank or not???

2. And, if you do do the OTC withdrawal transaction at a Thai bank where you do have an account using your foreign account/debit card, is there any practical difference (rates or fees, if any) between asking them to just hand you the cash vs. asking them to move in into your account with them?

PS: Seeing donx's post........ I think it's entirely possible that the bank employee was mistaken. As I recommended before for the over the counter route, it's always best to choose a branch that does a fair amount of business with foreigners - and probably a large one. Mistakes do get made and the staff will swear blind that "x" is the case when it isn't (a fluent English-speaker at a small SCB branch insisted to me today that the 150 baht charge is from "your" bank not "our " bank - I'll enjoy showing her the Thai Bankers' Resolution when I go back there............).

Where would you recommend then? I need to go try withdraw over the counter tomorrow and I'm now unsure if the banks in Fortune Tower would be the best place to go now.

Sorry, I'm based in Chiang Mai - and have no first-hand knowledge of which branches would be better elsewhere. I would suggest that, wherever you choose, you check with someone at manager/senior level - i.e. the ones who sit at the office desks rather than the clerks behind the counter.

In reading the posts here about Thai OTC withdrawals, I'm wondering if people using the phrase/words "cash advance" with the Thai banks is contributing to the exchange rate problem (at least in the case of SCB)....

In my world of U.S. banking, "cash advance" means drawing money off your credit card, and at least for U.S. cards, getting hit with a 3% transaction fee and paying interest from day 1 to your home bank. Again, in my world, no one talks about doing "cash advances" using debit cards.

I'm wondering whether the transaction and rate offered by SCB (or others who may be doing the same as SCB) would be different if the person walks in and says, "I want to withdraw/transfer money from my home account using my debit card, and a) take it as cash or :o put it into my Thai bank account."

PS - I'm clear from KhunJake's posts above that he was talking about using a debit card at SCB, not using a credit card. But he still used the terminology of "cash advance", and perhaps to the bank agent handling the encounter, that meant giving him the credit card/cash advance exchange rate???

I haven't had to use the OTC (over the counter) approach for withdrawals as yet, because there are still fee-free ATM options....

But about OTC, a couple of questions did occur to me that I don't recall seeing addressed here:

1. If a person wants to do that using their foreign debit card, do they need to have a personal bank account with the bank where they are doing the transaction, or is it just like using a currency exchange booth, where they don't care whether you bank with that bank or not???

2. And, if you do do the OTC withdrawal transaction at a Thai bank where you do have an account using your foreign account/debit card, is there any practical difference (rates or fees, if any) between asking them to just hand you the cash vs. asking them to move in into your account with them?

Based on my SCB experiences (I stress that they were over a year ago):

Q1 It appeared to make no difference that I was an existing SCB account-holder - they just wanted to copy my passport (and get me to sign the copy) and check that funds were available in the UK account to supply the requested amount of baht. I signed the machine transaction slip (as you might in a store) and that was it.

Q2 My conclusion is that the Thai bank's exchange rates don't come into it - it's the exchange rate operated by the card-holder's bank (presumably at least influenced by the Visa rate - for a Visa Debit card) that operates. If that's the case, the Thai bank would have no discretion about the rate being applied whether you're going to walk out of the branch with the cash or deposit it in an account you hold with them

In reading the posts here about Thai OTC withdrawals, I'm wondering if people using the phrase/words "cash advance" with the Thai banks is contributing to the exchange rate problem (at least in the case of SCB)....

In my world of U.S. banking, "cash advance" means drawing money off your credit card, and at least for U.S. cards, getting hit with a 3% transaction fee and paying interest from day 1 to your home bank. Again, in my world, no one talks about doing "cash advances" using debit cards.

I'm wondering whether the transaction and rate offered by SCB (or others who may be doing the same as SCB) would be different if the person walks in and says, "I want to withdraw/transfer money from my home account using my debit card, and a] take it as cash or b] put it into my Thai bank account."

PS - I'm clear from KhunJake's posts above that he was talking about using a debit card at SCB, not using a credit card. But he still used the terminology of "cash advance", and perhaps to the bank agent handling the encounter, that meant giving him the credit card/cash advance exchange rate???

I think this is a very good point. The bold-highlighted words are almost exactly how I phrased it on both occasions at SCB - once to take the cash away and once to deposit it immediately into my SCB account. In the latter case, they still presented me with the cash and I repeated that I wanted to deposit it all straight into my SCB account. "Oh, sorry - OK" and they did it.

PS use square brackets for a] and b] or you'll get :o instead of b]

Edited by Steve2UK

Folks were asking about info re Government Savings Bank locations, and yes, their web site list of branch locations is only in Thai... But...their annual report in English does include their main and regional office locations in English. And their web site says they have 595 branches across the country.

Here's the screen shot of their main and regional office locations:

post-53787-1240985518_thumb.jpg\

And here's some background about the bank, which appears to be basically an arm of the Thai government

post-53787-1240985586_thumb.jpg

Kasikorn ATM at Espanada Mall at Noon 29/April. NO FEE! Exchange Rate of 35.45. How long it lasts who knows. I hardly doubt they have 'forgotten'. I've already closed out my two KTB accounts and moved to Kasikorn before all this started. KTB Online banking mucked up my ability to use it and when going to a branch they said it'd take 3 days to fix. 3 weeks later it was still messed up. So I took my business to KasiKorn. That's my story and I am sticking to it. Least for now.

so another way is to, take out what you usually spend in one month which equates to i transaction, or open a thai bank account , get your money transferred to that and use a thai bank card, assuming that a regular transaction maybe cheaper than the atm charge.

i'm considering with my retiremant visa, to get my monthly earnings transfered to my thai account, which they can do, and because the amount is more than you need according to thai. govt. info. i dont need to have the statuory 800k in my thai bank, and use my thai atm card....sounds a half decent idea.

More follow up and some closure. I contacted my foreign bank and here is what they told me.

- A flat $3 fee for an ATM check card "cash advance" is what I can do. It uses the Visa system for the debit from checking acct.

- I could use this service for up to as much as the Thai bank is willing to let me charge and also what I have up to in my checking acct.

- I could only withdrawal the maximum of $500 a day directly from checking using the ATM system only. (Cirrus/Maestro).

So a direct ATM debit from checking at $500 max a day at the Cirrus/Maestro rate which is the cash spot rate of 35.47 (today) with a flat $5 overseas ATM fee from my foreign bank.

or...

Using the ATM check card from the Visa system, I could take 250k THB at SCB at a very unfavorable rate of 34.14 and also pay a $3 fee from my foreign bank for the overseas charge.

So case in point here, using an OTC cash advance is not the way to go. Pulling cash from a Kasikorn ATM or another "no-fee" Thai bank is still the best way to obtain funds should a SWIFT transfer not be easily obtainable while residing in Thailand.

CASE CLOSED.... :)

Edited by khunjake

My sick mind in action again:

So the way things are going would you recommend Thailand as a vacation spot, I dam_n sure wouldn't. They don't seem realize how many people read these forums. I don't ever recall seeing a news release on this doesn't matter word got out faster then swine (Opps Mexico) flu. This is place is definetly in it's own world for sure.

If the international news would pick i up for just one day they would drop that fee in a heart beat. So worried about tourist I think they have nade it vrey clear what their intent is in getting them here.

In the scheme things doesn't mean much to anyone so I doubt that will happen, sure would be fun watch them sqwirm. Maybe the answer is not to use the ATM's use counter service if nothing else it's nuisance to them.

Some here get it and some don't. Can't and won't explain every small detail. Look, when I use my foreign ATM card at any Thai bank ATM, I get the cash spot rate which was 35.47 today and I pay the bullshit $5 ATM fee just from my bank. (I use K-Bank so I don't get hit with the 150THB additional charge. NOW, today I went to SCB and asked to do a "cash advance" which they must do at the exchange counter. The gal told me, "yes, we can do this for up to 250k THB". When I asked her what the exchange rate would be, she looked on her com and told me 34.14. I then asked her if this was for a credit card cash advance or if this was to debit my foriegn checking account. She told me that it didn't matter, this was the rate for any "cash advance."
In case anyone is interested, if one decides to use an "over-the-counter cash advance" from your Foreign ATM card, the banks here will give you the worst possible exchange rate since it is considered an international credit card transaction. I went to SCB today and inquired about doing this transaction and you can do up to 250k THB. However, even if the money is debited from a checking or savings account, they use the Visa/MC system to do the transaction. 34.14 was the rate I was quoted on doing this transaction.

Would have been interesting to see the rate your 'foreign atm card' would have gotten at about the same time in the ATM machine outside the door. The difference between that and 34.14 would tell you what it's costing to use the "over-the-counter" ATM equivalent. And the difference is going entirely to SCB -- their charge to you for using over the counter.

Had you used a credit card -- for a cash advance -- your SCB cost would probably have been the same. However, your issuing bank would certainly charge more, with its cash advance fee, since there's no merchant to ante up, so fees are pretty steep to cover that float. No such float with a debit card.

May look like you're paying the equivalent of a cash advance with your debit card -- with such exorbitant fees, as expressed in the exchange rate. But next time use a credit card -- and really witness getting screwed from both ends.

With respect to all, I beleive that the Thai bank has no influence on the Exchange Rate for a cash advance whether over the counter or by ATM. I think it's the rate applied by the bank that issued the card in the country of issue at the time it hits the account.

THAT'S why using different cards in different banks shows up different rates - the time SCB takes to notify Nationwide will almost certainly be different from the time it takes Kasikorn to notify Nationwide, or Barclays or whoever.

With respect to all, I beleive that the Thai bank has no influence on the Exchange Rate for a cash advance whether over the counter or by ATM. I think it's the rate applied by the bank that issued the card in the country of issue at the time it hits the account.

THAT'S why using different cards in different banks shows up different rates - the time SCB takes to notify Nationwide will almost certainly be different from the time it takes Kasikorn to notify Nationwide, or Barclays or whoever.

... and I don't think it has anything to do with SCB or KBank. I think the rate is managed by your card issuer's transaction agent i.e. VISA or Mastercard.

A Sterling (in the UK) equivalent is 'blocked' on your card immediately (and reflects immediately in your available balance) - this does not bear any resemblance to the rates quoted in the bank - although it is likely to be close to the TT rate.

My confusion only comes in the following cases:-

1. On the odd occasion I use my HSBC debit card, the exchange rate is noticeably poorer.

2. My 'over the counter' withdrawals at KBank had an amount 'blocked' and the available balance dropped - identical in rate to the same day ATM withdrawal. NOW, the available balance has gone back up fron (say) zero to GBP 387.00 (being 20,000 Baht). This was a 'paper' transaction with the old-fashioned card swipe machines but the transaction was 5 days ago.

This matches my perception of what happens.

FWIW, I just (3pm today) used both my Nationwide Debit (Visa) and Cashcard (Cirrus) to draw 14,000 baht with each from a Kasikorn ATM (major branch in Chiang Mai). No on-screen mention of 150 baht and the receipt slips say "Fee: 0.00". The transactions aren't currently showing online, but I'll check/compare them to see what the effective exchange rate applied for each (as per my earlier post on matching withdrawals from an SCB ATM last week).

I also happened to spot a mobile GSB ATM (basically a van with the ATM in its side) parked nearby. Having already maxed out both cards (as per Nationwide's GBP 300 per day limit) at Kasikorn, I couldn't try it - but I did spot Visa logo's on the machine (as well as some other system called "Plus"); that leads me to think it would accept Visa Debit cards but not Cirrus/Maestro etc - there being no mention of those on the GSB ATM).

I hope some of this feedback helps some here - it's what I remember ThaiVisa being best for. None of us likes this situation, but backbite jumping on those with whom you disagree isn't likely to be helpful. Reading the thread from first post to last, I see repeated examples of people (innocently and understandably) confusing different kinds of card - debit versus credit versus purely cash/ATM cards. There also seems to be some variation in terminology between US & UK usage (ntm our continental European members). As touched on by jfchandler, I (as a Brit) take "cash advance" to mean a credit transaction (i.e. a loan) - as opposed to a withdrawal/transfer of funds that I already have. It really wouldn't be surprising if a Thai bank worker perceived it the same way - and we (surely?) all know that credit transactions hit hard with charges whether expressed as fees or poor exchange rates or both.

Edited by Steve2UK

I hope some of this feedback helps some here - it's what I remember ThaiVisa being best for. None of us likes this situation, but jumping on those with whom you disagree isn't likely to be helpful. Reading the thread from first post to last, I see repeated examples of people (innocently and understandably) confusing different kinds of card - debit versus credit versus purely cash/ATM cards. There also seems to be some variation in terminology between US & UK usage (ntm our continental European members). As mentioned by jfchandler, I (as a Brit) take "cash advance" to mean a credit transaction (i.e. a loan) - as opposed to a withdrawal/transfer of funds that I already have. It really wouldn't be surprising if a Thai bank worker perceived it the same way - and we (surely?) all know that credit transactions hit hard with charges whether expressed as fees or poor exchange rates or both.

Agree - Steve, when the dust settles it may be worth have a 'pinned' item covering money transmission/cash withdrawals/banking.

Which bank companies said NO... Cloud???

I'm assuming it was a Visa or MC logo debit card???

It's a cirrus/maestro which was obviously the problem. Had to give it a try as it was my last resort.

I'm having major problems with banking over here the past few days.

Edited by cloudbusting

It's a cirrus which was obviously the problem. Had to give it a try as it was my last resort.

Thanks Steve for some great feedback you too have given some good input to this thread & us Brits thank you :)

Cloud was this card a Nationwide cash card by any chance if so that answers the question raised with OTC use in Thailand, that to is cirrus with is part of the Mastercard network apparently.

Do you not have Kasikorn or the pink GSB or Ayudhya in your locality ? these are still fee free as of today.

It's a cirrus which was obviously the problem. Had to give it a try as it was my last resort.

Thanks Steve for some great feedback you too have given some good input to this thread & us Brits thank you :)

Cloud was this card a Nationwide cash card by any chance if so that answers the question raised with OTC use in Thailand, that to is cirrus with is part of the Mastercard network apparently.

Do you not have Kasikorn or the pink GSB or Ayudhya in your locality ? these are still fee free as of today.

It's not a Nationwide cash card. It's an Irish debit card using the cirrus system. Although it's part of the Mastercard network it doesn't mean that if a machine accepts mastercard it will accept cirrus.

I tried 2 SCBs, 2 Kasikorns and a UOB which was recommended by one of the Kasikorns.

I watched as they swiped the card and it was continuously rejected.

I'm not trying to avoid the 150 charge, i'm trying to withdraw 20,000 THB which ATMS aren't allowing me to do even though my limit from my bank at home exceeds this figure.

I told my parents to get a NATIONWIDE card before they travelled to thailand last month (free withdrawals and no fees - so it used to be)

They got blasted 150 baht for each ATM machine withdrawal, they didnt realise it because they were sure the Nationwide was free...

anyways.... the story is folks - ALL good things must end

Nationwide as of June st will be charging people

Thailand will be charging every FARANG with cards from abroad a 150 baht fee no matter what card you use or how much you withdraw up to 20,000 Thb

If you want to withdraw 20,000 THB you need to inform your banks at Home to get the limit increased and inform them that you will be in Thailand

For every 20,000 baht withdrawal you will pay 150 - but you can make as mant withdrawals ammounting 20,000thb as your home bank will allow its daily limit to be

Is the 150thb fee a good thing? absoltely Not

it used to be 20 baht and now ist 150 baht (since when did a 800% increase make sense)

Ofcourse a lot of the more profitable or well off members will say Thailand is still a bargain and cheap as chips...

But it was these very same idiots that came to Thailand throwing excessive tips around and raising Thais expectations and greed that have taught them that they can indeed get away with it and shaft the farangs sensless.

Well done Thailand.... Tourism is down, the baht strong, recession bites, and the banks are hungry for more explotation...

haha...

Cambodia and Laos may well be the next destination for us to head too... why not give it a try guys - Thailand had its wonderland status for far too long...

Edited by djlest

so another way is to, take out what you usually spend in one month which equates to i transaction, or open a thai bank account , get your money transferred to that and use a thai bank card, assuming that a regular transaction maybe cheaper than the atm charge.

i'm considering with my retiremant visa, to get my monthly earnings transfered to my thai account, which they can do, and because the amount is more than you need according to thai. govt. info. i dont need to have the statuory 800k in my thai bank, and use my thai atm card....sounds a half decent idea.

Except - if you come to the Notice of Thai Income Tax Office - you would not be able to say that the Funds you are Drawing are NOT current.

But I am not a Tax Expert - maybe someone who is can speak up?

Bill

And just think today I was withdrawing money from a ATm..A bangkok bank machine and a Kasakorn machine next to each other! Yes you are right I picked the bloody bangkok bank machine..150 baht worse off now..

Its just greed pure and simple...The banks already give a reduced rate i.e. on average 2 baht less per GPB as a commision for themselves..was that not enough?

So all I can do is get my limit increased to 20,000baht per withdrawell...what a pain..another shot in the foot..have them any feet left..

Oh yes best to check your local hospital as well..I did and they have no Tamiflu anti virralls..Thats Chiang rai..