6 Months Thailand / 6 Months Uk

I would like to spend the winter Months of each Year in Thailand from November to April each Year.

I have looked through this section of ThaiVisa for some time , but do not seem to be able to find any info on what type of visa I should apply for.

I would not be doing any work or be engaged in any sort of business during my stays in Thailand , just relaxation.

Any Ideas anyone??

Tom

I would like to spend the winter Months of each Year in Thailand from November to April each Year.

I have looked through this section of ThaiVisa for some time , but do not seem to be able to find any info on what type of visa I should apply for.

I would not be doing any work or be engaged in any sort of business during my stays in Thailand , just relaxation.

Any Ideas anyone??

Tom

A double entry Tourist Visa . Each entry will give 60 days and can be extended at Immigration for a further 30 days.

Giving a total of almost 6 months. If you need a few more days you can always do a border run when the Visa Expires. Or try for a Triple Entry.

Best bet is to use the Consulate in Hull. Very friendly. http://www.thaiconsul.co.uk/

Any Ideas anyone??

Tom

A double entry Tourist Visa . Each entry will give 60 days and can be extended at Immigration for a further 30 days.

Giving a total of almost 6 months. If you need a few more days you can always do a border run when the Visa Expires. Or try for a Triple Entry.

Best bet is to use the Consulate in Hull. Very friendly. http://www.thaiconsul.co.uk/

Thank you very much for your quick reply Lite Beer and that sounds about the right thing for me , as my stay will in fact be slightly less than 6 months , in order to protect my UK pension annual increase , can this visa be issued from the London Embassy , as I am from London.

Tom

Thank you very much for your quick reply Lite Beer and that sounds about the right thing for me , as my stay will in fact be slightly less than 6 months , in order to protect my UK pension annual increase , can this visa be issued from the London Embassy , as I am from London.

Tom

Probably. It is just that we always recomend using an Honarary Consulate rather than an Embassy. They are always more helpful.

You can apply by registered post and get your passport back in less than a week.

Up to you.

Tom

Probably. It is just that we always recomend using an Honarary Consulate rather than an Embassy. They are always more helpful.

You can apply by registered post and get your passport back in less than a week.

Up to you.

Many thanks again Lite Beer,

found the application forms on the link you posted , will take your advice re: Hull.

Tom

Hi Tom Yes Hull is the place.

Don't apply too soon The visa start date is the date they send it back to you.

You will get 90 Days on Arrival. Border Run Req after 90 Days to get your next 90 days.

You are right not to stay longer. The UK is about to check you out and back in at Passport Control.

Not only would you loose any pension increase but winter Fuel allowance as well.

You can get it reinstated but It takes time and its Hassel

I do not agree with Light Beer on this one - you have a source for multi entry non immigrant O visas at Hull and the cost will be less than two entry tourist with two extensions. And it only requires one trip per six month period as you get stamped in for 90 days on each entry.

I do not agree with Light Beer on this one - you have a source for multi entry non immigrant O visas at Hull and the cost will be less than two entry tourist with two extensions. And it only requires one trip per six month period as you get stamped in for 90 days on each entry.

I concur with lopburi on this bt not just on cost. 6 months is a long time and if the OP wants to cross a border then his tourist visa will be cancelled without buying a re-entry permit. The non imm "O" multi is the way to go. Apply by post from Hull. Reason is visiting friends and family.

Why a double entry? Multiple entry is £10 more and valid for 1 year.

2 x 90 days is not quite 6 months and when I did it that way kept having to do a 3rd border run.

Does not matter in the OP's case. He has already stated that he will not be staying the full 6 months.

Yep. The Multi Entry Non Imm O works out around 600 Baht cheaper than the Double Tourist Visa . Up to the OP.

Hi folks , and thank you for your responses , so lets see if i have this correct then.

There would seem to be 2 options

1) a double entry tourist visa (60 days , border run , 60 days , extension 30 days)

2) a double entry non-imm O visa (visiting friends and family) (90 days , border run , 90 days)

my question now is regarding the border run , which would likely be Nongkai , as I will be staying in Loei province , which would be a land(river) crossing , will my passport not then on my re-entry into Thailand be for only 15 Days as I have read elsewhere on this forum ¬ confused?

Tom

Yep. The Multi Entry Non Imm O works out around 600 Baht cheaper than the Double Tourist Visa . Up to the OP.

Don't forget saving 1,900 Baht twice with not having to extend the tourist visa.

Do not try to deal with the Thai Embassy in London - it's too much hassle, they do not like issuing visas.

Post to Hull is so simple. I always got my passport back 2 days after sending.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/

Download the forms, send them off and you shiny new Visa will be back in a jiffy :o

Don't forget to make sure your passport will not expire while you are away.

my question now is regarding the border run , which would likely be Nongkai , as I will be staying in Loei province , which would be a land(river) crossing , will my passport not then on my re-entry into Thailand be for only 15 Days as I have read elsewhere on this forum ¬ confused?

1. When you enter using a visa you get the time that the visa allows - non immigrant is 90 days. Only when using visa exempt entry is the 15 days by land a factor.

2. It would be a multi entry (unlimited number) non immigrant O visa valid for one year so you can travel freely and on each return get a new 90 day stamp.

Edited by lopburi3

If you have a non immigrant o multi entry, you will get 90 days every time you enter Thailand irrespective of the border point.

If you have a non immigrant o multi entry, you will get 90 days every time you enter Thailand irrespective of the border point.

Hi again folks,

Well that seems to be settled then...Hull .. Double entry Non imm O..

Many thanks to all for your help.

Tom

Look at the difference between the cost of a double entry and a multi entry. The difference in cost is minimal and gives you that much more freedom if you fancy an impromptu trip outside of Thailand.

Also if your situation changes next year and you can only come for 3 months , you can use the same visa if you fly out before the 1 year expires. and get 90 days :o

Hi again folks,

Well that seems to be settled then...Hull .. Double entry Non imm O..

Many thanks to all for your help.

Tom

Not a Double Entry Imm O. It is a Multi Entry Non Imm O . Unlimited entries up to 90 days each. Can be stretched out to 15 months stay.