Help

MAJORUS

Can any of you old hands tell this newbie if there is a way to post a word document without having to type in everything again,I have tried to upload it as an attachment but I get an error message back,thanks for any help.

Copy and paste?

In the Word doc:

Edit > Select All

Edit > Copy

Open post on the forum, click in the text area and then press Ctrl and V at the same time.

Is that what you are after?

JxP

Thanks I was just clicking copy and it would'nt paste,try try again

Hi MAJORUS

Sometimes MS Word formatting may cause conflicts when posting into a forum post window, depending on the version. To make sure it copies over cleanly, first copy and paste your text into Notepad. This way, most of Words formatting is lost.

Here's the quick keys for moving your text from one program to another

CTRL+A (highlights (selects) all the text)

CTRL + C (Copies all the text) or…

CTRL + X (Cuts all the highlighted text if you prefer)

CTRL + V (Pastes all the text)

Aitch

Can any of you old hands tell this newbie if there is a way to post a word document without having to type in everything again,I have tried to upload it as an attachment but I get an error message back,thanks for any help.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Majorus,

You've already had some great suggestions. Another alternative : save the file from Word as a text file (extension .txt) which will strip out all of Word's formatting codes and internal format. Then copy and paste that text file. It's been so long I've worked with Word that I forget what "copy" options there may be (as I know Excel has, for example).

~o:37;

Select your word document by clicking on Choose File as in the screen shot, browse your documents until you find the file you want to upload, double click on it then click UPLOAD

Hi BB thanks to you and everyone else for the help,I got it posted,Someone in the remember passed on expats thread posted that the penalty for knowing you was death,how come, 20 years down the line and I am still here.MAJORUS

Hi BB thanks to you and everyone else for the help,I got it posted,Someone in the remember passed on expats thread posted that the penalty for knowing you was death,how come, 20 years down the line and I am still here.MAJORUS

Four friends in the past month, Ron. Don't get too close. :o