I Forgot To Make 90-days Report....

I made the 90-days report on the 94th day from the day I arrived. Will I be fined B5000 or I need reenter Thailand? Appreciate your answers.

You have 7 days grace (at east in my neck of the woods). If you exceed the 7 days and if the immigration really give a sh!t, they may charge you Bht 200/day. My immigration officer (whom I know) went through the bloody calendar last time I went, but I'm sure he was just trying it on (I was 6 days after the official date).

Just wondering, friends working for mulit nationals never seem to worry about the 90 reporting. Are there exemptions for people on work permits?

People working for multi nationals often have to do a lot of travel in/out of Thailand. Even returning on a re-entry permit means the count for 90 days starts

every time they do come back, so no need to report as long as they stay incountry

for less than these 90 days.

Even returning on a re-entry permit means the count for 90 days starts

every time they do come back, so no need to report as long as they stay incountry

BTW, can I expect a phone call from my local immigration checkpoint, if I leave the country with a re-entry permit, not reporting my address this time, even though I'm due to, having reported my address every 90 days for the previous five years or so... (Will they think I forgot it??) :o

Edited by Baaksida

Even returning on a re-entry permit means the count for 90 days starts

BTW, can I expect a phone call from my local immigration checkpoint, if I leave the country with a re-entry permit, not reporting my address this time, even though I'm due to, having reported my address every 90 days months for the previous five years or so... (Will they think I forgot it??) :o

No. A key entry on each report you file is the arrival card number. When you depart that card will be collected so if they want to check they will find you have departed the country.

Why don't they automate the 90 day reporting? Establish a website where everyone in the country for whatever reason is listed and they are allowed to update their 90 day address reporting. To enter the site the user has to enter his passport number. It would save a lot of grief for many, a lot of work for the Immigration office and not to mention the gasoline and other resources used to accomplish the taks in person.

I mean if mail is OK then email or the web should be OK too. Immigration could choose x number every week that they spot check. Violators would be fined accordingly. I approached Immigration with the idea by email and no response. Anyone know someone that could get this to the powers to be? I mean we are in the 21st century!!

Why don't they automate the 90 day reporting?  Establish a website where everyone in the country for whatever reason is listed and they are allowed to update their 90 day address reporting.  To enter the site the user has to enter his passport number.  It would save a lot of grief for many, a lot of work for the Immigration office and not to mention the gasoline and other resources used to accomplish the taks in person.

I mean if mail is OK then email or the web should be OK too.  Immigration could choose x number every week that they spot check.  Violators would be fined accordingly.  I approached Immigration with the idea by email and no response.  Anyone know someone that could get this to the powers to be?  I mean we are in the 21st century!!

Mouse,

The reason there is no response is probably cause no-one reads the email.

I used to work for the thai government in what is quite a powerful ministry. By my estimate, administration is still based on late 19th century practices, with second hand technology and little in the way of resources use them properly. I remember having to buy my own laptop, otherwise i would be forced to share a computer with others. As for printing my work, we had no money to buy paper, so we were forced to buy our own.

My old office had its own website which looked very snazzy when implemented, but now no-one really looks after it to monitor questions and there is no IT support to help when the server is down.

One other thing though mouse. If you volunteered to set up the system for free, then I think immigration might be willing to listen. It would save you the hassel of having to win a bid, only to find out that the Thai government pays contractors peanuts (and never on time either).

Just wondering, friends working for mulit nationals never seem to worry about the 90 reporting. Are there exemptions for people on work permits?

Is it possible to mail/fax your notification?

it can be done by mail Samran

What about the failure of the post to deliver the un-registered return receipt?

When you next report - and they insist on the original receipt which you can't produce, what happens? Are you fined B2000 plus B200 per day for not having the receipt?

I live up-country, and I'm worried that I reported, byregistered post two clear weeks before reporting date. (Registered mail 10 Jan for a reporting date of 25 Jan). Nothing back yet - waiting nervously for postman. Post often can take 10 - 14 days from Bangkok. If receipt doesn't show, and I turn up at Room 401 two to three weeks AFTER reporting date (having given post time to deliver or lose the return receipt) but with photocopies of EVERYTHING and with receipt from Post Office for registering the documents - am I in lumber or will I be heard - with this evidence?

Is it possible to mail/fax your notification?

it can be done by mail Samran

What about the failure of the post to deliver the un-registered return receipt?

When you next report - and they insist on the original receipt which you can't produce, what happens? Are you fined B2000 plus B200 per day for not having the receipt?

I live up-country, and I'm worried that I reported, byregistered post two clear weeks before reporting date. (Registered mail 10 Jan for a reporting date of 25 Jan). Nothing back yet - waiting nervously for postman. Post often can take 10 - 14 days from Bangkok. If receipt doesn't show, and I turn up at Room 401 two to three weeks AFTER reporting date (having given post time to deliver or lose the return receipt) but with photocopies of EVERYTHING and with receipt from Post Office for registering the documents - am I in lumber or will I be heard - with this evidence?

I'm with you Dah fahrang. I have managed to so far successfully complete two 90 Day reports via post. But indeed I continue to worry about what happens if the receipt is "lost" in the mail on the regular postage return. Wish there was a way to have it returned via registered or EMS type post. I haven't yet seen any posts concerning this happening to anyone, which I find surprising. I have made it a point to use a rented Post Office Box in Korat as my return address, because the small village postman where I live is notorious for losing mail.

This is cut and paster from The Royal Thai Consulate Vancouver visa information on their website....

"When completing the stay of 90 days in the Kingdom, the alien shall report to the competent authority and repeat it every 90 days with the immigration officer in the alien's residence area, or report to the police station in the alien's residence area if there is no immigration control there. (In order to report to the competent authority by mail, the alien shall do as follows: The Report Form (To Mo 47) together with a copy of the passport pages showing the alien's photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp as well as a self addressed envelop with postage affixed, shall be forwarded, by 7 days before the due date, by acknowledgement of receipt mail to the Immigration Bureau, Sathon Tai Road, Sathon District, Bangkok 10120. In the case of conducting any following reports, the Reply Form for the previous report shall be enclosed as well.)"

Is the Local police reporting no longer allowed??? Anyone Know???