How To Power Up My 2008 Dmax Ls

Hi there,

I would like some input if possible. I have a 2008 Isuzu Dmax LS as stated in the topic and would like to power it up.

I've already decided on getting a tuning chip but dont know what brand is available in LOS and worried it could be a fake. If any advice where to get it and the price, that would be great.

Alos, factory gives me one exhaust pipe. I was thinking of making it dual and straight pipen it. any advice?

And is it worth putting an after market air intake filter on it?

Thanks

Did you buy the 2.5 or 3.0 Litre motor? If not the latter why not? My 3.0 Litre driving an automatic transmission is more than powerful enough.

Don't know where you are staying but in the Udon Province the BiB do not like modifications to vehicles in most forms and insist on inspection and re certification. A friend had a bigger Turbo with Intercooler, exhaust mods, HD clutch etc fitted to his Nissan and had no end of grief with the authorities leading to him getting rid of it.

BTW it really flew but he did manage to shred the clutch though. His TW could not drive it as the clutch was too heavy her.

Did you buy the 2.5 or 3.0 Litre motor? If not the latter why not? My 3.0 Litre driving an automatic transmission is more than powerful enough.

Don't know where you are staying but in the Udon Province the BiB do not like modifications to vehicles in most forms and insist on inspection and re certification. A friend had a bigger Turbo with Intercooler, exhaust mods, HD clutch etc fitted to his Nissan and had no end of grief with the authorities leading to him getting rid of it.

BTW it really flew but he did manage to shred the clutch though. His TW could not drive it as the clutch was too heavy her.

Im happy with the 3.0 I have, but I like power and am getting bored of slugging of the line, and would feel more comfortable overtaking with more power.

Im happy with the 3.0 I have, but I like power and am getting bored of slugging of the line, and would feel more comfortable overtaking with more power.

I hope you also do some mods to the brakes a well.

If it is new then perhaps wait until you are out of warranty ?

Seriously though, I have the 3.0L auto 2WD and non VGS model (not available in 2WD in 2007 when I bought) and sure, you always think you could do with more but it has way enough for everything it should be able to do including flying along over 120. I guess the 2008 is the VGS model and thus has more ooopmh.

I asked about mods last year and decided against anything. Just didn't think the downside (largely cost to cover ll bases, not just power) was worth it.