Gmail No Longer Working In Thailand?

farangnahrak

Seems to be working just fine for me. I've tried gmail with IE, Firefox, and Opera. I've also tested in AIS, DTAC (both EDGE) and at a local inet cafe (ToT I presume).

Edit: forgot to mention i'm in NE thailand in the sticks outside of Mukdahan. :)

Edited by FarangLaoInter

I had the same problem yesterday for the first time. Then I clicked on the "Basic HTML" version and my mail box came right up.

How can you get that option without first getting into Gmail?

Here is the link that I use, but you have probably tried this.

Gmail

As mentioned in my first post, that link just hangs.

I am experiencing exactly the same problems here in Chiang Mai.

Manage to get into my gmail account, than compose and once I try to send it just hangs there.

Also having problems opening my new emails. this has been a problem for about a week.

At first changing to html mode solved the problem, now this is hanging as well.

I am unfortunately with True. Lies would be a more appropriate title.

Something weird is happening and if this continues I will have to consider changing email accounts to another provider, although this is going to cause great inconveinience.

Google's Gmail email service suffers new problems

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechn...w-problems.html

Another problem I am having with gmail is after I send a message, huge spaces appear between each paragraph.

If you read the link it says only web based email effected.  Get and install an email program and use the POP3 or IMAP email ports not the web surf ports. 

"In that incident, only web-based Gmail access was affected, with some users still able to send and receive messages using mobile phones or third-party email clients."

Get and install an email program and use the POP3 or IMAP email ports not the web surf ports.

In case you use a mail client and use IMAP I suggest Thunderbird. Outlook is NOT an IMAP client but a pretender...

I took your advice and installed Mozilla Thunderbird the POP3 server.

Set everything up and now all works perfectly using gmail via Mozilla Thunderbird.

Also it doesn`t bunch emails up like direct gmail and it`s solved the problem of huge paragraph spacing when I send.

With thanks and appreciation for helping me out of this problem, kind Sir webfact.

I owe you one.

Edited by sassienie

hmm i am having problems at the moment

We’re sorry, but your Google Mail account is temporarily unavailable. We apologise for the inconvenience and suggest trying again in a few minutes.

There is a current problem it seems as my Outlook has just started sending me a popup for password so it is unable to log on to the POP service at this time. Attempt to load HTTP gets me the same out of service message you just got (error 500)

Edited by lopburi3

I'm on Maxnet here in Cha am and started having problems 2-3 days ago. I could open my inbox, but not individual messages .. kept getting the 'cannot connect .. " error messages. Also for downloads "cannot connect to virus checker ..". It took 2 days to get enough functionality to change the setting to plain HTML.

So it's working, but not very well.

i am using Maxnet premier 2 and have for the last 4/5 days been unable to view the detail of my emails on gmail.

I transferred gmail to POP3 as recommended above using Thunderbird and it works very well. Thanks for that info.

My other email address is [email protected] which is also a google email but I cannot find any way to put this onto the Thunderbird system eg what is the pop as pop3.thaivisa.com does not seem to work.

Anybody else have this problem and have found a solution

Many thanks

Tony

I am not sure but I might have the solution to the Gmail problem which has been annoying me for about 10 days now.

I remember that not long ago I realized that my Windows firewall was turned off, so I turned it on. Could have been about 10 days ago. I suddenly remembered that fact and just turned the firewall off. Guess what? Google mail opens and I can access all its features again!

But just turning the firewall off is not a good solution at all. So, keep the firewall turned on and go to the Exceptions tab and type in gmail notifier and enable it. You're done.

For me this solved the problem. Let's hear about if this can help other thaivisa memebers as well. If so, spread the word to help everyone.

Precise instructions for computer novices:

Go to START, Settings, Control Panel.

Click on Security Center, Windows Firewall

Check under General if the firewall is turned on

On the Exceptions tab click on "Add program."

Look for "Email Notifier" and add it.

Click OK.

That's it. Now click on your Gmail Notifier. It should open and all features should work again.

Edited by Dario

We’re sorry, but your Google Mail account is temporarily unavailable. We apologise for the inconvenience and suggest trying again in a few minutes.

OS Wins XP: ISP TT&T Maxnet.

Yep, been getting the same for about 5 days here in Ubon. Gmail will now reveal messages in HTML only. No send, no save, no nuttin else. If I switch the browser from Google Chrome to Internet Explorer 7, there is a small improvement. Yahoo mail works without problems within G Chrome.

This seems to be a Google server ballsup. I notice Google Search now returns a larger number of 'This site is not available', etc. blank pages.

Cannot monkey with Wins firewall as it was switched off by my Comodo firewall. Two firewalls slow everything down. Advanced Wins Care makes no difference.

I can live with this temporarily if Google is getting its finger out. If not, over to Netscape, whatever. Goggle does not seem to be putting any info out. Can't complain, as it's free. Any ideas out there?

The problem of you all is if somebody logins from your computer, and selects "remember me" while using another language you hunted for a long time with this language settings. In the case of the German language Google redirects you direct the German version of Gmail, which is not Gmail.de...

In Thailand users experience similar problems when the owner of a computer has everything MS Windows possible set to USA/UK/English and let his g/f check e-mail once in gmail, and she select remember me... from that moment all stuff switches to Thai, from Google maps to Google Adsense and everything in his Google whatever

OS Wins XP: ISP TT&T Maxnet.

Yep, been getting the same for about 5 days here in Ubon. Gmail will now reveal messages in HTML only. No send, no save, no nuttin else. If I switch the browser from Google Chrome to Internet Explorer 7, there is a small improvement. Yahoo mail works without problems within G Chrome.

This seems to be a Google server ballsup. I notice Google Search now returns a larger number of 'This site is not available', etc. blank pages.

Cannot monkey with Wins firewall as it was switched off by my Comodo firewall. Two firewalls slow everything down. Advanced Wins Care makes no difference.

I can live with this temporarily if Google is getting its finger out. If not, over to Netscape, whatever. Goggle does not seem to be putting any info out. Can't complain, as it's free. Any ideas out there?

Suddenly Google/Chrome/Gmail are back to spiffing normal. It would be nice if the company responsible just let us know about these hitches in service. But as said, you can't ask for customer backup when the service is free, can you? Thanks tho to everyone for all your suggestions.

In return, anyone who hasn't tried it, Google Chrome browser seems faster than the rest. Firefox has/had more features but became too slow. Cheers, OGT