Retirement Non-immigrant O-a Longstay Visa Q

Obtained my O-A Long Stay Retirement Visa from Royal Thai Embassy, Washington, DC.

Arrived 5 January 09--stamped and good until 5 Jan 2010.

Have been doing my 90 day reports at Soi 5 Immigration, Jomtien.

I head back to the USA soon for several months. Yes, will obtain a Re-entry Stamp prior to departure.

Once I return to Thailand in October '09, I am good to go, correct?

I know I will do my 90 day residency report on a cumulative basis, counting the days prior to departure and after

re-arrival in the Kingdom.

Here's my question: I want to stay until April 2010.

Do I need to renew my O-A Visa in January 2010, or just keep up with my 90 day reports?

Many thanks in advance....

If you do have a Multi Entry. You do not need a Re Entry Permit.

When you return in October you will get another 12 month stamp.

If you do a border run just before 5th Jan 2010 you will get another 12 month stamp.

If you do this but leave after 5th Jan then you need a Re Entry Permit as your Visa will be dead.

Please be sure that you really do have a Multi Entry.

EDIT.

Forget what I said about Jan 5th. On your Visa it will say "Use before" with date.

That is the date you must do your final entry before, not Jan 5th.

I know I will do my 90 day residency report on a cumulative basis, counting the days prior to departure and after

re-arrival in the Kingdom.

Your 90 day "clock" will reset when you return to Thailand, so you only have to count the days after you arrive back in Thailand. Your first report will be due 90 days after you return.

Sophon

Since his Non-Immigrant "O-A" visa was issued by the Thai Embassy in Washington, D.C. it will be a single-entry

DC will issue multi entry O-As, per their website -- and the OP's experience. The LA Consulate's website says single entry, however -- and this seems to be their practice. Don't know about the other MFA consulates in the US (New York and Chicago). The honorary consulates are a mixed bag, with most issuing multi entry O-As -- but at least one (Denver) no longer issuing O-A visas, period (at least per the last report I saw, which, admittedly, is a few years old).

Many thanks for all the fine replies....

Yes, when I applied for the O-A Visa in the USA, I did notice discrepancies between what was asked of me

by the Los Angeles vs the Washington, DC offices. LA wanted four copies of application, vs 3 for Washington.

Many other little differences.

There was a check-box on my application if I wanted single or multiple entries, so I checked 'Multiple.'

The single entry was offered for only a 3 month tourist visa I believe.

The fee was the same: $175 USD all in. Took about 5 days, came back via FedEx, record time.

The Royal Thai Embassy even phoned me to tell me to be expecting my Fed Ex envelope.

Yes, I pad shipping, abut $20 extra each way.