Extending Multiple Entry Tourist Visas

Do you mean you have more than one visa?

I didn't think that Multi entry tourist visas existed.

If you have a double entry, you can normally extend both entries by 30 days just before the 60 days expires

Please post what visa you have, so many people confuse Non immigrant O and Tourist visas

Edited by loong

A 60 or 30 day entry on a tourist visa can be extended for 30 days by immigration for 1,900 baht. If you do this on a first entry be sure to make your second entry before the expiration date on the visa (not your permitted to stay until date).

If you have a double entry, you can normally extend both entries by 30 days just before the 60 days expires

Please post what visa you have, so many people confuse Non immigrant O and Tourist visas

I am applying for 3 tourist visas. I apologize for getting mixed up. I can see where the confusion arises. I am not applying for a single visa with multiple entries. I am applying for three seperate tourist visas, each entitling me to enter once and stay for 60-90 days. They do not allow me to enter and exit at will. My main concern is that the immigration officials would see that I have additional tourist visas and not want to give me the 30 day extension.

I am applying for 3 tourist visas. I apologize for getting mixed up. I can see where the confusion arises. I am not applying for a single visa with multiple entries. I am applying for three seperate tourist visas, each entitling me to enter once and stay for 60-90 days. They do not allow me to enter and exit at will. My main concern is that the immigration officials would see that I have additional tourist visas and not want to give me the 30 day extension.

I don't know what nationality you are

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

This is link for Hull consulate in Uk, but contains a lot of useful information.

The Tourist Visa is available with one, two or three entries. The one (1) entry visa has a validity of three months from date of issue. The two (2) and three (3) entry visas have a validity of six months from date of issue. On arrival in Thailand, nationals of the following countries:

1. Australia 2. Argentina 3. Austria 4. Bahrain 5. Brazil 6. Belgium 7. Brunei

8. Canada 9. Chile 10.Denmark 11.Finland 12.France 13.Germany 14.Greece 15.Hong Kong 16.Iceland 17.Indonesia 18.Ireland 19.Israel 20.Italy 21.Japan 22.Korea (ROK) 23.Kuwait 24.Laos 25.Luxembourg 26.Macau 27.Malaysia 28.Monaco 29. Mongolia 30.Netherlands 31.New Zealand 32.Norway 33.Oman 34.Peru 35.Philippines

36.Portugal 37.Qatar 38.Russia 39.Singapore 40.South Africa 41.Spain 42.Sweden 43.Switzerland 44.Turkey 45.U A E 46.United Kingdom 47.United States 48.Vietnam

are entitled to stays of up to 60 days. Nationals of all other countries are entitled to stays of maximum 30 days.

If you have been granted a Tourist Visa please note the following:-

a) With a ONE entry Tourist Visa you must ensure you enter Thailand within the validity of the visa

which is 3 months from date of issue.

:o With a TWO or THREE entry Tourist Visa you must ensure you enter Thailand on your final visit

before expiry of the visa which is 6 months from date of issue.

I don't know if you can get 3 separate single entry Visas, anyway there is no point. all Visas would have to be used within 3 months of the date of ISSUE.

A triple entry tourist visa is valid for 6 months from date of issue.

Also note that it costs £84 pounds for a triple entry tourist Visa, a multiple entry Non immigrant O, costs £100 and is valid for a year and will allow 90 days stay every time you enter Thailand. As you will not have to pay for extensions, it's actually cheaper.

If you can get a Multi non imm O, I'd advise going for that.

Edited by loong

I suggest to give the consulate your travel itinerary, ie the planned dates of your three entries into Thailand, and ask if they will give you a triple-entry tourist visa valid for six months.

--

Maestro

Thanks for all the info guys. It's much appreciated. A Non-O sounds great if I was able to get it. I was told that it is highly unlikely. I'm a bit confused again about the tourist visa. Is it a multiple entry tourist visa or a triple entry tourist visa? As far as I can tell you have said that it is a single visa with three valid entries on it, each one lasting up to 60 days. If I extended the first two it seems the last one would not be valid. I guess if was to maximize my time in Thailand I would need to extend the first one and possibly the last and not stay out for more than a day or two to be safe otherwise the final entry would be void.

Just curious if it's possible to extend a tourist visa for an additional 30 days if you were issued multiple tourist visas. Thanks

There is a program currently in effect that if you get a multiple entry Tourist Visa between now and June 4th (I think is cutoff) you can come into Thailand for 60 days, then get a FREE 30 day extension at immigration. Then you can do a border crossing resetting the visa for a second 60 days period. At the end of that 60 days you can again get another 30 days FREE extension at immigration. This will give you 6 months before you must leave the Kingdom....

There is no free extension of stay. Tourist visa from Consulate is fee and that provides a 30 or 60 day stay (depending on nationality).

You can enter on the last validity day of a tourist visa and still get stamped in for the full normal stay of the visa (and be able to extend 30 days for the normal 1,900 baht).

Just curious if it's possible to extend a tourist visa for an additional 30 days if you were issued multiple tourist visas. Thanks

There is a program currently in effect that if you get a multiple entry Tourist Visa between now and June 4th (I think is cutoff) you can come into Thailand for 60 days, then get a FREE 30 day extension at immigration.............

I am now so confused with entry permits vv tourist visa's, non imm visas, sometimes paying sometimes free, sometimes extendable sometimes actually shrinks ....what is the best official website?

Also what is latest feeling on ( for retirement extn on non imm) having 800k on fixed term deposit expiring after extension date. This has caused me no problem in the past. I saw a reference earlier that under new regs it was ok but that so long as had other bank a/c showing how day to day living expenses were covered.

This is the best source of up to date information.

Do not believe you will have any problem with the fixed account.

Thanks Lop, This site is too big and has too many undesirable posts.. I can never get to read all the salient details as they get spread too thinly. I guess the answer is to ignore other posts just write my own questions.....then brouse for entertainment..

I have a triple-entry tourist visa, issued on Jan 05 this year.

I entered the country on Feb. 12.

The visa has a note "Enter before Jul 04, 2009".

Does that mean that my last entry has to be on Jul 03 at latest,

so in fact the last stay including the extension would be September 04?

(coz if so, what are the previous extensions good for? They wouldn't postpone the date of the last entry anyway?!)

Thank you,

p.

July 3 is correct but 60+30 from that date would not be September 04. Or do you only get 30+30?

oh, my mistake :o October03 of course.

thanks,

p

pepi - be careful, they calculate 30 days (60 days visa + 30 days extension (costs 1,900 Baht)) and do not count in months. Do some maths. I made the same mistake.