Amazing On What Thai People Will Do For 500baht

fm2002

I take no sides between Yellow or Red, but I know for a fact that people from Issan are being bused up here, given free food and 500 baht per day to join in the protest. What is hard to believe that they do all this for only 500 baht ! I live right next to where the Red Shirts are congregating in Pattaya (behind Big C soi 2) and it's basically a empty dirt lot where they setup floodlights and blare loud speaches and video all night long. It's almost George Orwell "Big Brother" like. There meant to eat, sleep (don't know how; I can't), and be brainwashed all right there. It's 5:30AM now. In about an hour the buses will start departing for Jomtien where without any sleep they will herd up in the hot weather all day. All for 500 baht :o

I take no sides between Yellow or Red, but I know for a fact that people from Issan are being bused up here, given free food and 500 baht per day to join in the protest. What is hard to believe that they do all this for only 500 baht ! I live right next to where the Red Shirts are congregating in Pattaya (behind Big C soi 2) and it's basically a empty dirt lot where they setup floodlights and blare loud speaches and video all night long. It's almost George Orwell "Big Brother" like. There meant to eat, sleep (don't know how; I can't), and be brainwashed all right there. It's 5:30AM now. In about an hour the buses will start departing for Jomtien where without any sleep they will herd up in the hot weather all day. All for 500 baht :o

That's 3 days pay for a farm labourer so perhaps not so suprising :D:D:D

I live in a village 40kms from Korat and about 12-15 people from the village are in BKK with the Red Shirts and are NOT being paid.

They are protesting for what they believe is their right to elect a government through the Ballot Box.

All for 3 times the minimum wage with free food too. Quite a bargain if you're starving and broke.

:wai: yes true yes, yellow shirts did the same things, some yellow shirts came to my house ask the wife and sons to join the protest bt250, red shirts likewise, after a polite decline, a rude remark by someone in their group and they moved ON, on the other hand I can see the very poor accepting the baht to go and set and do nothing, however many of these poor folks may not be aware of the POSSIBLE negative effect of these rallies and the physical danger they could face. :D:D:D:o:D

i believe a quick solution may be this;

its clear to all that thaksin is inciting and financing this ''red revolution''

i think the money that has been seized based on his current conviction should be used to pay for this current unrest.

so the red shirts should be told that:

all wages of persons, private and governmental used to police this revolution will be paid from thaksins siezed assets

all damage to property, no matter how small should be re-imbursed from these assets

all clean up operations afterwards should be paid for by thaksins money

any medical bills for those officials hurt in any clashes with red shirts should be paid for by thaksins fund

there should be a compensation scheme set up immediately for businesses that have lost income due to this action and will be financed by thaksins money

lets make it simple and say:

any financial losses suffered by anyone except the protesters that can be sourced back to this ''red revolution'' will be re-imbursed to them from Thaksins seized assets.

the message will then be to the protesters, protest if you must, by all means take Thaksins 500 baht a day but if you break anything, hurt anyone or cause anyone financial losses as a result of your actions on behalf of the reds and thaksin by proxy then your beloved leader will be paying for it.

this may well damp down the protesters enthusiasm for a fight and will hurt Thaksin where he hurts most, in his pocket.

after all in this current world financial crisis why should the regular Thai tax payer be penalised for the actions of a convicted criminal millionaire orchestrating a revolution from the comfort of a $500 a night hotel room, whilst the government have immediate access to his funds to make reparation for the actions of his marionettes

he is paying for this revolution and financing its participants, why should he not be made to pay for any repercussions arising from it?

i am not yellow or red but to me its a simple rule of law, if a person incites others to commit criminal acts on his behalf then in addition to criminal charges being brought against him, he should be made to pay for the results of his actions

thaksin is a convicted criminal, he ran away to avoid prosecution and imprisonment

now he pays people to carry out his bidding

he should be made financially responsible for the actions of his employees who carry out his orders

if any of the protesters are involved because of personal political convictions, and are unpaid then i applaude them for exercising that conviction but i believe that every person who takes thaksins money to buy their support should be condemned as the paid for thaksin proxy that they are and treated accordingly.

i am not yellow or red

What horse manure. You are a Thaksin hater and not real big on telling the truth either! :o

so whats not truthful about it?

if you are going to name call at least be a little creative

did you get your 500baht in real banknotes from thaksin to defend his honour?

That's 3 days pay for a farm labourer so perhaps not so suprising :D:D:D

I live in a village 40kms from Korat and about 12-15 people from the village are in BKK with the Red Shirts and are NOT being paid.

They are protesting for what they believe is their right to elect a government through the Ballot Box.

Farm labourers with the mind of a 10 year old should not be allowed to vote

I take no sides between Yellow or Red, but I know for a fact that people from Issan are being bused up here, given free food and 500 baht per day to join in the protest. What is hard to believe that they do all this for only 500 baht ! I live right next to where the Red Shirts are congregating in Pattaya (behind Big C soi 2) and it's basically a empty dirt lot where they setup floodlights and blare loud speaches and video all night long. It's almost George Orwell "Big Brother" like. There meant to eat, sleep (don't know how; I can't), and be brainwashed all right there. It's 5:30AM now. In about an hour the buses will start departing for Jomtien where without any sleep they will herd up in the hot weather all day. All for 500 baht :D

All for 3 times the minimum wage with free food too. Quite a bargain if you're starving and broke.

So you know of starving Thais :o

for me this protest is a big joke,all the people in red are just for 500 bht,nobody knows what is democracy,if you ask any of the reds about democracy what you can hear is "MAI RU"

nobody knows why they are waring red,they are just for money only,its money against vote,no money no vote.

i believe a quick solution may be this;

its clear to all that thaksin is inciting and financing this ''red revolution''

i think the money that has been seized based on his current conviction should be used to pay for this current unrest.

so the red shirts should be told that:

all wages of persons, private and governmental used to police this revolution will be paid from thaksins siezed assets

all damage to property, no matter how small should be re-imbursed from these assets

all clean up operations afterwards should be paid for by thaksins money

any medical bills for those officials hurt in any clashes with red shirts should be paid for by thaksins fund

there should be a compensation scheme set up immediately for businesses that have lost income due to this action and will be financed by thaksins money

lets make it simple and say:

any financial losses suffered by anyone except the protesters that can be sourced back to this ''red revolution'' will be re-imbursed to them from Thaksins seized assets.

the message will then be to the protesters, protest if you must, by all means take Thaksins 500 baht a day but if you break anything, hurt anyone or cause anyone financial losses as a result of your actions on behalf of the reds and thaksin by proxy then your beloved leader will be paying for it.

this may well damp down the protesters enthusiasm for a fight and will hurt Thaksin where he hurts most, in his pocket.

after all in this current world financial crisis why should the regular Thai tax payer be penalised for the actions of a convicted criminal millionaire orchestrating a revolution from the comfort of a $500 a night hotel room, whilst the government have immediate access to his funds to make reparation for the actions of his marionettes

he is paying for this revolution and financing its participants, why should he not be made to pay for any repercussions arising from it?

i am not yellow or red but to me its a simple rule of law, if a person incites others to commit criminal acts on his behalf then in addition to criminal charges being brought against him, he should be made to pay for the results of his actions

thaksin is a convicted criminal, he ran away to avoid prosecution and imprisonment

now he pays people to carry out his bidding

he should be made financially responsible for the actions of his employees who carry out his orders

if any of the protesters are involved because of personal political convictions, and are unpaid then i applaude them for exercising that conviction but i believe that every person who takes thaksins money to buy their support should be condemned as the paid for thaksin proxy that they are and treated accordingly.

An even quicker solution - Give all the Red Shirts 1,000baht of Thaksins money to go home and leave the protest. At least then, only the genuine believers stay.

Brilliant! do they take on farangs as well?...there is a similar venue organised by the yellows as well anywhere nearby(for the evening)? i would like also to know if there are plans for a future "green party" or something, so i can order my shirts in the shape of a full traffic light and get along with my lucrative life here in LOS :o

in a country where money is the be all and end all of everything and morals and value have little, if any meaning it is not surprising that people will agree to do almost anything for money and can be bought for chump change.

a taxi driver was interviewed on thai news yesterday or the day before, she was involved in the taxi blockade. she said that she was offered 1000b to park her taxi to block the road and had no hesitation in accepting the offer. she had no allegiance to the red shirts but said "who wouldnt do it for 1000b"

endure

which is why there is some truth when it is said that these people are too stupid to be allowed vote in a democratic electoral process...... same with the yellows who took money to demonstrate.

a society as immoral and corrupt as thailands is just not ready yet for democracy as defined by western standards.

So you favor setting intelligence requirements on who is allowed to vote?

it is actually a good idea, but, sadly, unworkable in practice.

they should have it in many countries, not only thailand !!!!

how about imposing a financial penalty of a fine of 25 times the amount they received, for those who are found to have sold their vote then strike them off the voting register for 5 years.

So you favor setting intelligence requirements on who is allowed to vote?

it is actually a good idea, but, sadly, unworkable in practice.

they should have it in many countries, not only thailand !!!!

It isn't only unworkable, it is also unconstitutional, at least in the US.

What about paraplegics? They slow down the voting line and block the booth.

What about blind people? Those seeing eye dogs can be such a bother to other, more gifted, citizens.

My point is....where do you draw the line with your restricted voting privileges?

i would like also to know if there are plans for a future "green party" or something, so i can order my shirts in the shape of a full traffic light and get along with my lucrative life here in LOS :D

There was talk at an ASEAN press conference just now of 'Blue Shirts' turning up to interpose themselves between the Red Shirts and the ASEAN summit venue, trying to prevent disruption :D:o

I got up this morning and put on a blue shirt without a second thought - now I have to change..? :D

Eventually they will work their way through the entire spectrum.

i am not yellow or red

What horse manure. You are a Thaksin hater and not real big on telling the truth either! :o

Boy that sure is a leap of faith ! No affiliations here. Just stating fact and amazement what someone would endure for 500 baht.

My point is....where do you draw the line with your restricted voting privileges?

my point was made tongue in cheek.

the stupid unfortunately have voting rights just like anybody else , and anyway, one mans stupidity is another mans genius.

They slow down the voting line and block the booth.

but they do the pencil in the mouth thing just great, they should be able to tick the boxes in a jiffy once they get to the booths.

I notice the ASEAN summit has now been posponed. Thailand shoots itself in the foot again.

I am personally wearing an orange shirt with blue sleeves.

why did they not just secretly move the summit to another not so easy to access location like samui or samet?

surely all they need is a big room to sit in

fly them all out by helicopters for the days meeting and bring them back at night for dinner and hotel