Emergency Laws In Pattaya Lifted

george

Now he needs to lift the State of Lawlessness which has been plaguing the country for many months.

I just love your post.

The reds are confident nothing will be done to them. Until now, those who stayed inside Government House more than 100 days and at 2 main airports for 8 days are still free. Needless to add they broke into NBT tv station, blocked the Parliament House on 7 October 2551 and did some shooting near Taxi Radio Station.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You've got a choice; Abhisit or Chalerm. Seriously, think about Chalerm as a PM. The greediest, most corrupt slimeball father of a murderer. Again, can you seriously imagine him at the helm?

He would strip the country like a carcas thrown to pirahnas. The lowest animal of them all.

i have said in another forum that aphisit was weak, etc. but upon reading this thread i guess i now think that aphisit and the democrats are actually clever enough to have thaksin fall in their trap...

and so, i was discussing with my wife why the summit was organised in pattaya which is just 1.5 hours away from bangkok and that it is easily to mobilised the protesters, why not kho samui?

the thread above is the answer...

They could have just continued having them in Hua Hin, it's not far away from Bangkok and I very much doubt the reds would have dared to pull that stunt here. We just had an Asean summit a couple of weeks ago, there is still signs up from it... the only "demonstration" that took place here was a pretty big crowed of people wearing the kings and queens shirts with big banner saying something along the lines of "Red Shirts stay away from the Asean Summit in Hua Hin", first I thought they were yellow shirts, until I noticed all the blue and pink shirts as well.

i figured out that too, huahin is more secure to the fact the we all know. however, for the sake of changing the venue koh samui would be the best place as it is not easy for the protesters to go there and it can be easily isolated if there is a threat. the airport is also one of the best domestic airport in thailand. but why the nasty pattaya?

I see Abhisit was the first to run off from Pattaya according to the news very unlike a captain and leaving all his invited guests to comment why they ever accepted an invitation to Thailand under his stewardship. What a supreme coward and failure... Maybe skipping that military service left him with no backbone...

In any civilized government any head of state would be the first to be shipped out and away from harms way.

Alot of people here say Aphisit has lost face, >>> 'FACE'<<< is this not what many TV members deplore? Is this not a contributing factor to the current turmoil?

And now Thailand has a PM that has no regard for his own "face" and some people are judging him on this basis.

He knew from the beginning the problems he would be facing as PM. But he was man enough to accept it, and definately knew from the beginning it would be a 'face' losing propostion.

He is not a coward.

You've got a choice; Abhisit or Chalerm. Seriously, think about Chalerm as a PM. The greediest, most corrupt slimeball father of a murderer. Again, can you seriously imagine him at the helm?

He would strip the country like a carcas thrown to pirahnas. The lowest animal of them all.

that would be the end of thailand when that time comes...

I am a big Abhisit supporter, but his intelligence won't help now. Other than the Blue shirts, there was really no other security at the hotel. Clearly, there was something else going on.

Not really. He was born in the UK, went to Eton, a top school and gained a 1st in PPE from Oxford which makes him exceptionally well educated and undoubtedly infelligent but that does not infer common sense, morals or foresight.

That aside, it does appear he was set up. This was an international summit. Where was the security?

I have a feeling, that there may be a civil war going to kick of soon if this not sorted out soon.

I have the same feeling for the past 6 months and it gets stronger by the day.

I guess it will be the only solution and you better keep your suitcases packed and near the exit in case it happens.

I see Abhisit was the first to run off from Pattaya according to the news very unlike a captain and leaving all his invited guests to comment why they ever accepted an invitation to Thailand under his stewardship. What a supreme coward and failure... Maybe skipping that military service left him with no backbone...

In any civilized government any head of state would be the first to be shipped out and away from harms way.

Alot of people here say Aphisit has lost face, >>> 'FACE'<<< is this not what many TV members deplore? Is this not a contributing factor to the current turmoil?

And now Thailand has a PM that has no regard for his own "face" and some people are judging him on this basis.

He knew from the beginning the problems he would be facing as PM. But he was man enough to accept it, and definately knew from the beginning it would be a 'face' losing propostion.

He is not a coward.

Far from it. He's previously got out the car and walked through crowds of protesters when they've tried to stop him attending events.

The real sick, putrid, despicable coward is the one who flew his own family out of Thailand, then asks his supporters to bring their children to the protests.

Not really. He was born in the UK, went to Eton, a top school and gained a 1st in PPE from Oxford which makes him exceptionally well educated and undoubtedly infelligent but that does not infer common sense, morals or foresight. And he is Thai after all so no amount of time in the UK changes the genes....

This is about as ignorant as it gets, thank you for exhibiting your extreme sense of intellect.

He was born in the UK, went to Eton, a top school and gained a 1st in PPE from Oxford which makes him exceptionally well educated and undoubtedly infelligent but that does not infer common sense, morals or foresight. And he is Thai after all so no amount of time in the UK changes the genes....

Care to elaborate on that last sentence?

... So no amount of foreign education, academic prowess or intellect takes away the inate drive and cultural propensity which we all know well if we have been here for a few years. Ie short term gain, little planning, poor reasoning and ability to construct a miriad of alternative scenaria to excuse ones own shortcomings. Enough detail...?

He was born in the UK, went to Eton, a top school and gained a 1st in PPE from Oxford which makes him exceptionally well educated and undoubtedly infelligent but that does not infer common sense, morals or foresight. And he is Thai after all so no amount of time in the UK changes the genes....

Care to elaborate on that last sentence?

... So no amount of foreign education, academic prowess or intellect takes away the inate drive and cultural propensity which we all know well if we have been here for a few years. Ie short term gain, little planning, poor reasoning and ability to construct a miriad of alternative scenaria to excuse ones own shortcomings. Enough detail...?

You'll have to excuse me if I'm a little slow tonight. Is what you are saying above equivalent to the following nugget of wisdom from last night?

Spoken like a true Thai. You get honorary MTTT status... We should all just stop caring, taking any interest at all and become brainless retards like most Thais....

The reds went peacefully to meeting in pattaya, and they got ambushed by the blue's who were the only group carrying weapons.

I'm not a supporter, but as the human rights state, everyone has their right to protest peacefully, and the red's are being prevoked into voilence.

Sure. And then they peacefully broke down the doors of the Royal Cliff Hotel and peacefully mobbed the lobby and peacefully caused the ASEAN Summit to be cancelled.

For proof, look up "Protesters storm Asian leaders' summit in Thailand" on YouTube. I can't post a link due to ThaiVisa rules.

We're lucky the leaders at the Summit didn't let their frivolous discussions of how to respond to Nuclear North Korea's recent missile launch, or how to handle the worldwide economic meltdown, get in the way of important internal Thai politics. </sarcasm>

When he canceled the emergency degree he was still in Pattaya. so either the news you saw were wrong, or he left and came back.

Unfortunately, the Police/Army did let down by not effectively blocking the small main road but the protesters would have simply walked through the many areas surrounding the large site upon which the hotel sits anyways.

The 76 billion baht question, why no force at all? The answer is, Thai police more or less favour Mr Thaksin as he's FAR more conducive to protecting their ways (and many probably admire the greatest swindler whom was once a cop). Also, both the Army and Police were under orders not to shoot anyone and cause a desired backlash.

For Mr Thaksin's purposes, the 'desired' backlash probably would have gone further, all the way to a hoped for re-coup to recoup a frozen fortune along with the PM's seat and a chance to 'double up'.

There've been rumours for weeks Mr Thaksin has been working the phones all the way through his high ranking Police and Army 'colleagues' in a 'get out the tank' sort of 'survivor island' type strategy. One doubts he's got the needed votes to pull it off though (but he'll still prob give it go, after 'creating' the right circumstances;) :o

Regardless if there's a basis for these rumours, the Govt had little choice but to avoid confrontation.

None of the Asean leaders will get very bothered over the otherwise internationally embarrasing situation, they've all been through their own protests of course (except Singapore, where chewing gum can bring a penalty, muchless protesting;) :D

I think ThaiVisa is a great news resource for expats, but I am always astonished by the naivete of so much of its readership. There are so many uninformed expats that are willing to take them words from Thai media and call them 'news'. The Nation and the Bangkok Post are sloppy in their local coverage at the best of times, and since the onset of the Red protests has been obviously biased. Anyone who saw coverage on the BBC or CNN or Al Jazeera would have seen that the blue shirts were big, masked, and ALL armed. Do not take these government mouthpieces literally. It's true some of the Reds are rabid Thaksinites, but a great number of them are just asking for their votes to be counted, and for the courts to stop meddling in politics. The reds have protested in the tens of thousands... almost without incident. The yellows had a few thousand protesters who masked themselves and attacked people with clubs, knives, machetes, bombs, and guns. Regardless of what happens going forward, the reds have heretofore showed great constraint and a desire to achieve their aims through non-violent means.

If you've come here from a democratic country, how can you fail to recognize the wrong the PAD and the Thai courts have done the electorate by ignoring abuses on one side, and rewarding the other? The PAD have been openly lobbying for a constitution that gives the people of Thailand only 30 percent representation in the government! Do your homework folks...

The Nation are now calling this a WAR?

Unfortunately, the Police/Army did let down by not effectively blocking the small main road but the protesters would have simply walked through the many areas surrounding the large site upon which the hotel sits anyways.

The 76 billion baht question, why no force at all? The answer is, Thai police more or less favour Mr Thaksin as he's FAR more conducive to protecting their ways (and many probably admire the greatest swindler whom was once a cop). Also, both the Army and Police were under orders not to shoot anyone and cause a desired backlash.

For Mr Thaksin's purposes, the 'desired' backlash probably would have gone further, all the way to a hoped for re-coup to recoup a frozen fortune along with the PM's seat and a chance to 'double up'.

There've been rumours for weeks Mr Thaksin has been working the phones all the way through his high ranking Police and Army 'colleagues' in a 'get out the tank' sort of 'survivor island' type strategy. One doubts he's got the needed votes to pull it off though (but he'll still prob give it go, after 'creating' the right circumstances;) :o

Regardless if there's a basis for these rumours, the Govt had little choice but to avoid confrontation.

None of the Asean leaders will get very bothered over the otherwise internationally embarrasing situation, they've all been through their own protests of course (except Singapore, where chewing gum can bring a penalty, muchless protesting;) :D

there are also rumors from coups from both sides....

P1040287.jpg

This red said via DStation that he was the one who walked towards 2 groups of dark blues to negotiate. Dark blues said they had to do their duty and would attack the reds a little to make it look real. They understand there is no reason Thais kill Thais. After negotiating, this man and the blues hugged.

Some other blues attacked the reds as they were told the reds tried to bring down (you know what) when the reds only fight to bring back democracy. The reds don't want coups knocking the Prime Minister they vote for.

This photo shows the distance between 2 groups near Royal Cliff Beach Resort Pattaya where Asean Summit was supposed to be held:

1239434742.jpg

The reds went peacefully to meeting in pattaya, and they got ambushed by the blue's who were the only group carrying weapons.

I'm not a supporter, but as the human rights state, everyone has their right to protest peacefully, and the red's are being prevoked into voilence.

hmmmmm:

post-25601-1239463025_thumb.png

I think ThaiVisa is a great news resource for expats, but I am always astonished by the naivete of so much of its readership. There are so many uninformed expats that are willing to take them words from Thai media and call them 'news'. The Nation and the Bangkok Post are sloppy in their local coverage at the best of times, and since the onset of the Red protests has been obviously biased. Anyone who saw coverage on the BBC or CNN or Al Jazeera would have seen that the blue shirts were big, masked, and ALL armed. Do not take these government mouthpieces literally. It's true some of the Reds are rabid Thaksinites, but a great number of them are just asking for their votes to be counted, and for the courts to stop meddling in politics. The reds have protested in the tens of thousands... almost without incident. The yellows had a few thousand protesters who masked themselves and attacked people with clubs, knives, machetes, bombs, and guns. Regardless of what happens going forward, the reds have heretofore showed great constraint and a desire to achieve their aims through non-violent means.

If you've come here from a democratic country, how can you fail to recognize the wrong the PAD and the Thai courts have done the electorate by ignoring abuses on one side, and rewarding the other? The PAD have been openly lobbying for a constitution that gives the people of Thailand only 30 percent representation in the government! Do your homework folks...

The Nation are now calling this a WAR?

you didn't read much as well. The yellows had 10x more protesters and there are pictures of it. And that 30 percent thing is just propaganda, it is 1000 times explained on this forum. Like ASTV is one sided your informations are just the other side. pretty naive...as you told yourself.

"Abhisit Vejjajiva should step down as the prime minister as he was the one who ordered the killings," he said.

He claimed that two taxi drivers were seriously injured this morning. One later died while another was suffering from serious wounds.

Moreover, the premier also ordered police to disperse the red shirts and to use weapons on the protesters.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...ed-shirt-leader

And rumors of a dissolution. One thing seems certain. Abhisit will take the fall for the failed summit.

Penkair's comments to the international media this afternoon as reported on 2Bangkok today were telling. He said that "the Red Shirts gatherings will continue past Songkran and will not end until the PM and Privy Councilors will resign as the Thai people are fed up with the aristocracy."

This implies more than just bringing Thaksin back as PM and is a non starter. Hence, Abhisit's replacement, should this happen, will be someone expected to make short work of the Red leadership.

i have said in another forum that aphisit was weak, etc. but upon reading this thread i guess i now think that aphisit and the democrats are actually clever enough to have thaksin fall in their trap...

and so, i was discussing with my wife why the summit was organised in pattaya which is just 1.5 hours away from bangkok and that it is easily to mobilised the protesters, why not kho samui?

the thread above is the answer...

They could have just continued having them in Hua Hin, it's not far away from Bangkok and I very much doubt the reds would have dared to pull that stunt here. We just had an Asean summit a couple of weeks ago, there is still signs up from it... the only "demonstration" that took place here was a pretty big crowed of people wearing the kings and queens shirts with big banner saying something along the lines of "Red Shirts stay away from the Asean Summit in Hua Hin", first I thought they were yellow shirts, until I noticed all the blue and pink shirts as well.

i figured out that too, huahin is more secure to the fact the we all know. however, for the sake of changing the venue koh samui would be the best place as it is not easy for the protesters to go there and it can be easily isolated if there is a threat. the airport is also one of the best domestic airport in thailand. but why the nasty pattaya?

Why Pattaya? I tell you:The delegation have some spare time after meeting,so pattaya is like the plum in the egg to "burn" some time(may i rather say loosen up the pressure from down belowe) smiiile. Is not this how it allways used to be? (all over when the "minorities" have "meetings?)!

Not really. He was born in the UK, went to Eton, a top school and gained a 1st in PPE from Oxford which makes him exceptionally well educated and undoubtedly infelligent but that does not infer common sense, morals or foresight. And he is Thai after all so no amount of time in the UK changes the genes....

This is about as ignorant as it gets, thank you for exhibiting your extreme sense of intellect.

Why is it ignorant? I am merely pointing out to those here that think that a foreign birth and education change the man, it does not imho...

He is not a coward.

Far from it. He's previously got out the car and walked through crowds of protesters when they've tried to stop him attending events.

The real sick, putrid, despicable coward is the one who flew his own family out of Thailand, then asks his supporters to bring their children to the protests.

I think you would too when you knew that a kangaroo court was going to be judging you. Tell me you have heard that Thai justice is fair? It is infamous for being judicially unsound...

Ch 9 are reporting that the Blue Shirts were Police from Buriram. Whose powerbase is there ? The plot thickens.....

as suspected by red-shirts this morning

Newin%20Chidchobi.jpg

PLACE: Buriram province

POSITION: Leader-Friends of Newin Faction

Edited by kenai

I don't want to get into a taffy pull about whether the red shirts or the yellow shirts or the blue shirts are acting in a responsible manner...the bottom line is that Thailand has received a devastating blow to its image that will not be soon overcome. As a former resident, I am greatly saddened by the events over the past six months. It appears as though the country is on an inexorable path towards civil war. For my loved ones and friends still in Thailand, I am terribly concerned.

Ch 9 are reporting that the Blue Shirts were Police from Buriram. Whose powerbase is there ? The plot thickens.....

What a sad ploy.. Dress up police as civilian counter protesters. What a sad government this is.

Anyway, I liked the whiny sound of the The Nation commentary in post #3.. "no winners bla bla".. But probably without realizing they missed one positive outcome: Their own opinion piece has become a lot more balanced now that they realized the size and sincerity of the Red opposition.. Wake up time....... At least that's a positive that they now seem to begin to realize they can't just dismiss the voice of the rural poor.. the knee-jerk reference to Thaksin as the big bad boogeyman was still there but even at The Nation it must begin to sink in how misguided they have been..

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

You'll have to excuse me if I'm a little slow tonight. Is what you are saying above equivalent to the following nugget of wisdom from last night?

Spoken like a true Thai. You get honorary MTTT status... We should all just stop caring, taking any interest at all and become brainless retards like most Thais....

The former is a foreign educated Thai and the latter a local ie. uneducated Thai as sadly the education system here ranks as amongst the worst in the world because of.... yes, years of lack of interest because the ruling families send their kids abroad anyway to be educated so who cares about the local poor!

Please let's be clear here... I use my words carefully... brainless = brains have been lost because of no use, retard = on the international IQ scale, most Thais are classified as that by their average IQ of 88.

Not my fault, I am the one campaigning here for change to get an education for them as I think carefully where my 6 months old son is going to go to school...

EDIT = sorry but not sure how to handle the situation when too many blocks of posts produce the error message... did my best.

And rumors of a dissolution. One thing seems certain. Abhisit will take the fall for the failed summit.

Penkair's comments to the international media this afternoon as reported on 2Bangkok today were telling. He said that "the Red Shirts gatherings will continue past Songkran and will not end until the PM and Privy Councilors will resign as the Thai people are fed up with the aristocracy."

This implies more than just bringing Thaksin back as PM and is a non starter. Hence, Abhisit's replacement, should this happen, will be someone expected to make short work of the Red leadership.

There are also rumors that Suthep get kicked.

Would be possible that Abhisit uses this as an opportunity to clean up the mess in the police, just I don't believe it.

Replacing Abhisit? Did you hear any names?

for me the complete thing looks very surreal........