State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

This is like watching a comedy of errors.

Total and utter nonsense. A government totally out of control. A country out of control.

Now they are fighting in Bangkok, when thats finished are the government going to fight to win back all the northern citiies now in the throws of red protests.

The only solution is for them to stop being so greedy and wanting the power in their hands, and dissolve the House and give the power back to the people. I mean, its not as if they have paid millions of dollars to various people to get into power is it ? or is it ?

lol, another classic... you and rainman must be sitting int he same internet cafe... (bookmarked)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there were some news that some reds particularly the ones that are armed, burning tires, hijacking buses, etc. etc. are drunk. no wonder why they are out of control.

Maybe, they've had people been drinking at all of their protests.

Will you both shut up please! Anyone who threatens indiscriminate violence against civilians with any kind of weapon, or their bare hands is a terrorist.

This is a thread about whats going on in Bangkok - and you are arguing over insignificant details and being pedantic.

what utter drivel, if I threaten you for looking at my missus i suddenly become a terrorist :o

Indiscriminate violence is where you threaten or harm people indiscriminately, eg - people who aren't involved in the conflict or "innocent people"

that is still not terrorism

You guys in BKK may face a curfew tonight. Make sure you have food and water and anything else needed

Hammered, pockets of those against the UDD are forming throughout the country. In addition, road blockages in Chiang Mai are a direct violation of the CRES, which Abhisit invoked this morning.

The bottom line is that martial law may well be countrywide, not Bangkok specific. Perhaps time you visited your local 7-11 as well.

Pretty much just Songkhran revelry round here.

I am not sure if someone posted this site already, but it is the TV station I am watching via cable.

Very good source of news about the current situation in ENGLISH LANGUAGE

Live video on the site (right click on video -> zoom -> full screen)

www.tannetwork.tv

I have posted it numerous times, but only a few of us seem to be really interested. I am glad you have found it. From what I can see, it is the best source of info in English.

Why are you guys promoting this website over and over again? Is it not the same as ASTV, which is backed by yellows?

Can someone explain to me what the Red Shirts have against King Power?

This is the company who got all the concessions at rip off prices at Suvarnabhumi isn't it? Isn't this one of Thaksin's buddies?

Yes, but Mr Power flipped allegiances when Thaksin left - like Newin. TIT :D

oh - and Sonthi

Thanks for reply seri thai ....... I should have known that was the answer ... TIT :o

I just came of the phone with a police friend of mine as I was getting pissed of with the police doing nothing. He is a very nice guy and he speaks perfect English and he is a Colonel.

He explained that it was very simple. Even if a government, any government would order them to go in, they wouldn't do it. Not because they like the protesters. But because of the law.

He said the last few times the police did anything towards any protesters the commanding officers found themselves in front of criminal court and were disgracefully dismissed from service. He said no sane police officer would have themselves disgraced anymore for following orders from any government being red, yellow, blue. As they would always betray them afterwards by letting the police officers take the fall for the failure of the government.

He said he is personally itching to put down the riots. Willing to be wounded in the process. But he isn't willing to be disgraced for doing his duty and following orders. He said that the majority of the police officers is feeling that way.

The problem is with the law according to him. There are laws protecting protesters rights. There are no laws that protect a police officer from acting against protesters even when under orders from the government. The police officers are by law responsible for any wounded from their actions. Even when ordered. and that is why they will not do anything.

W

Utter nonsense.

NAME YOUR SOURCE, or its a rumour and nothing more.

Under an SOE the Army are responsible, not the police.

The police are quoted on AJE as being "not under the control of the government with many joining the reds".

No more "I talked to a friend posts" rumours.

Name the source, or shut up.

Why should I threathen a friends safety. If you consider it a rumour. Than fine. Treat it as one. But do not criticize me for trying to get information out to people. Let everyone judge for themselves how much worth they give to this. We are all adults and can all make up our own minds.

Waerth

ignore him, mate.

Its only level head who can have 'contacts'

Another update from tannetwork.tv in about 1/2 hour.

Brief update given: Reds have set fire to a bus near the Pullman hotel. Tourists are warned to stay in hotels near Rangnam and Pratunam areas. Reds throwing molotov cocktails can be seen on the video.

The military is gaining control of the tourist areas slowly, and then will head on to Victory Monument to gain control. Following this, they will liberate Government House and arrest the 5 Red leaders who are at Government House.

This from OMR who this morning at 6am said that the military were now clubbing reds all over Bangkok.

When in fact they were having a tussle at Din Daeng only.

OMR - you really do lie do you not ?

For the record, below is what I said earlier this morning:

"TPBS has been breaking into their English language show with footage of soldiers shooting. There seems to be wounded on both sides, but clearly, the Reds are on the run. I imagine this is happening all over the city. The Reds are being driven out. I wonder if Thaksin is going to keep to his promise made just yesterday that he will come back if the authorities begin shooting."

I guess to you, if you don't agree with someone's opinion, they must be lying.

i am not confused, its exactly as i imagined it was, you were superimposing yourself into something you have never experienced first hand

so what you really mean then is that you have believed what you have read about it, when something like this happened somewhere else and then based on that premise you can start to make ASSumptions about what will happen here?

is a bit like you are believing whats happening here is not a treatcherous attempt at revenge under the guise of a revolution ?

or

thats its a cynical attempt to retrieve 76 billion baht on the back of the poor who are risking a bullet for 500 baht a day?

Just because his picture is squeky clean, does not mean in his past he was not poor, or his wife in her past was not poor, poor poeple all the time claw their way up the latter and become successful, happens everyday.

Also even if he was not poor does not me he can't have an opinion about poor peoples issues....

Oh and by the way even poor people can get "dressed" up and take nice pictures....

I never saw the front lines in the "war on iraq" should I not be allowed to talk about my opinions of the matter?

This is like watching a comedy of errors.

Total and utter nonsense. A government totally out of control. A country out of control.

Exactly.

It's not a question of red or yellow. It's just that when he has to choose, Abhisit makes always the wrong decision. He's not a bad guy. He's just not fit for the job.

I am not sure if someone posted this site already, but it is the TV station I am watching via cable.

www.tannetwork.tv

I have posted it numerous times, but only a few of us seem to be really interested. I am glad you have found it. From what I can see, it is the best source of info in English.

Why are you guys promoting this website over and over again? Is it not the same as ASTV, which is backed by yellows?

Give me a link to a website or TV station that reports in ENGLISH and backs the red shirts, and I will be happy to watch it as well.

Edited by jbhh

there were some news that some reds particularly the ones that are armed, burning tires, hijacking buses, etc. etc. are drunk. no wonder why they are out of control.

Maybe, they've had people been drinking at all of their protests.

Or Thaksin's TV broadcast got them in the drinking mood :o

www.tannetwork.tv

Give me a link to a website or TV station that reports in ENGLISH and backs the red shirts, and I will be happy to watch it as well.

It would be easier for all if you simply got a pair of rose colored glasses :o

www.tannetwork.tv

It is in English and it is current. When you have a family and live here, any information in English is valuable. It remains up to the listener to decide what to believe.

If you have another website with up to date information in English, please let me know.

Conclusion: the yellows can stay in Government House 3 months and stayed in 2 airports 8 days when State of Emergency was announced. The reds cannot protest on the street.

It's called oppression of the poor.

We've seen what happened to the governments around the world that tried it in the past.

They are not "opressing the poor" they are finally starting to do their job, infact the same job you were ranting and raving about them not doing back when it was the voilent PAD....

Now that its the voilent REDS and the army is starting to do its job you are on here posting its wrong, its oppression.... give it a break, they are acting voilent and the army/police need to step in and stop them.

I agree! But, does this mean yellow criminal leaders will still be walking free? If army is doing their jobs, then, it seems they only do when they want to.

Protesters attack Din Daeng flat residents

Protesters attack Din Daeng flat residents

Thai PBS reported live at 2:35 pm that some protesters attacked residents of Din Daeng Flats after the residents shouted at them.

The residents shooed the protesters after they threaten to blow up a LPG tanker left in the middle of road in front of the flats.

The threatened to blow up the tanker if troops move in to crack down on them.

The Nation

Police fail to convince protesters to move gas truck

Police's attempt to convince red shirted protesters to move away gas truck from Din Daeng area failed Monday at about 2.37pm.

People living in the area were seen running away from the scene as the protesters reportedly soaked a cloth with oil.

A reporter at the scene reported that he saw the protesters beat Din Daeng residents.

Police's attempt to convince red shirted protesters to move away gas truck from Din Daeng area failed Monday at about 2.37pm.

People living in the area were seen running away from the scene as the protesters reportedly soaked a cloth with oil.

A reporter at the scene reported that he saw the protesters beat Din Daeng residents.

There is an irony somewhere when the red shirts beat the urban poor of Din Daeng flats. Not to mention terrifying them with the LPG truck. I thought this was about class

we saw this sort of stuff in the LA Riots.

Difference is basically none of the protesters come from Bangkok, and so they don't need to care about the s&*tstorm they create here; that much was obvious driving around and on the skytrain last couple of days.

Also...end result of the LA Riots we didn't see the crips and bloods running the state either.

It is amusing watching the apologists struggle to explain how this thuggery is somehow democracy at work and somehow defensible to threaten innocent home owners with fires etc; have no doubt it is true having seen personally the intimdation of the reds; many who now are covering their faces to get away with (close on) murder.

it keeps getting uglier and uglier, I hope some one takes controll of this mess sooner than later.

I think everyone should step down and FRESH elections should be held.... But will it really solve anything? or just prolong this ongoing 60year battle?

50 pages on Thai visa of Farangs fighting, insulting and abusing each other!!!!-GREAT

Seems all involved come from democratic countries and yet can not have a civilized discussion or debate without insulting each other

and yet same people commenting on Thai behaviour!

So if all involved can not agree on anything, how can you possibly comment on Thai's agreeing?

Some posts mentioned having police man as a friend, YOU WOULD BE THE FIRST ONE!

Firstly i am yet to meet a foreigner who will say he has Thai male friend, less alone policeman as a friend.

Secondly the only friendship if any you would have with Thai policeman is if were either involved in some extortions from your own countrymen or paying him off for something

Thirdly, since when did Thai police become a reliable source?

Cops claim was they get punished afterwords, WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!

Of course they get punished but not because they did something, it is because they did a terrible job.

Doing a job and doing job well is 2 different things. Thai cops are only good at extortion and bribes, they have no training nor desire to actually do police work.

They can not solve a simple murder or rape case.

Real events case: Thai police was called to deal with mentally sick man who had a knife and was threatening to kill someone.

One officer walks into the house with a shot gun and shoots the guy in th chest-JOB WELL DONE?

Whats their excuse for releasing taxi driver after he threw a bomb into gas station?

Bottom line, Thai police have no training nor desire to actually "serve and protect", all they care about is ripping people off and extortion

The higher is the rank the more bribes he gets. Ask him to do something useful and he can no longer be reached.

I was personally once robbed, have video of the person, have the details of where they are shopping(credit cards were stolen also), furthermore they bought air tickets so could easily be arrested at the airport or found through the people flying-and yet Thai Mighty police force did nothing, did not even move his fat ass of the chair.

So please stop referring to Thai police as any kind of force, further i will be embarrassed to call one of them my Friend.

You guys in BKK may face a curfew tonight. Make sure you have food and water and anything else needed

Won't work. People will still walk to their local market and somtam, chicken and fruit vendors will still sell there.

you obviuosly don't live in Lard Prao, where these f&*kwads were protesting yesterday afternoon; no chance to 'walk' aroudn those guys unless you wanted to get thumped, hit, or beaten up.

Quite obvious you have no idea who these guys protesting are; these are guys loaded up on macho, booze and rhetoric willing to beat the crap out of anyone they see; even someone innocently walking to a 7-11.

It is amusing watching the apologists struggle to explain how this thuggery is somehow democracy at work and somehow defensible to threaten innocent home owners with fires etc; have no doubt it is true having seen personally the intimdation of the reds; many who now are covering their faces to get away with (close on) murder.

I totally agree with your comments.

we saw this sort of stuff in the LA Riots.

Difference is basically none of the protesters come from Bangkok, and so they don't need to care about the s&*tstorm they create here; that much was obvious driving around and on the skytrain last couple of days.

Also...end result of the LA Riots we didn't see the crips and bloods running the state either.

We call hem terroists where I come from!!

Conclusion: the yellows can stay in Government House 3 months and stayed in 2 airports 8 days when State of Emergency was announced. The reds cannot protest on the street.

It's called oppression of the poor.

We've seen what happened to the governments around the world that tried it in the past.

They are not "opressing the poor" they are finally starting to do their job, infact the same job you were ranting and raving about them not doing back when it was the voilent PAD....

Now that its the voilent REDS and the army is starting to do its job you are on here posting its wrong, its oppression.... give it a break, they are acting voilent and the army/police need to step in and stop them.

I agree! But, does this mean yellow criminal leaders will still be walking free? If army is doing their jobs, then, it seems they only do when they want to.

In a State of Emergency the Army's duty is to get the situation under control, not to go around and arrest people for something that happened in the past. I agree that the leaders of the PAD should be prosecuted just like the Leaders from the reds have to be, however that is the duty of the law enforcement agencies and not the army.

Edited by jbhh

50 pages on Thai visa of Farangs fighting, insulting and abusing each other!!!!-GREAT

Seems all involved come from democratic countries and yet can not have a civilized discussion or debate without insulting each other

and yet same people commenting on Thai behaviour!

So if all involved can not agree on anything, how can you possibly comment on Thai's agreeing?

Some posts mentioned having police man as a friend, YOU WOULD BE THE FIRST ONE!

Firstly i am yet to meet a foreigner who will say he has Thai male friend, less alone policeman as a friend.

Secondly the only friendship if any you would have with Thai policeman is if were either involved in some extortions from your own countrymen or paying him off for something

Thirdly, since when did Thai police become a reliable source?

Cops claim was they get punished afterwords, WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!

Of course they get punished but not because they did something, it is because they did a terrible job.

Doing a job and doing job well is 2 different things. Thai cops are only good at extortion and bribes, they have no training nor desire to actually do police work.

They can not solve a simple murder or rape case.

Real events case: Thai police was called to deal with mentally sick man who had a knife and was threatening to kill someone.

One officer walks into the house with a shot gun and shoots the guy in th chest-JOB WELL DONE?

Whats their excuse for releasing taxi driver after he threw a bomb into gas station?

Bottom line, Thai police have no training nor desire to actually "serve and protect", all they care about is ripping people off and extortion

The higher is the rank the more bribes he gets. Ask him to do something useful and he can no longer be reached.

I was personally once robbed, have video of the person, have the details of where they are shopping(credit cards were stolen also), furthermore they bought air tickets so could easily be arrested at the airport or found through the people flying-and yet Thai Mighty police force did nothing, did not even move his fat ass of the chair.

So please stop referring to Thai police as any kind of force, further i will be embarrassed to call one of them my Friend.

UN refers to Thai police as the biggest organized criminal gang on the planet. However i beg to disagree - they couldn't organize a childrens party

J

ust because his picture is squeky clean, does not mean in his past he was not poor, or his wife in her past was not poor, poor poeple all the time claw their way up the latter and become successful, happens everyday.

Also even if he was not poor does not me he can't have an opinion about poor peoples issues....

Oh and by the way even poor people can get "dressed" up and take nice pictures....

I never saw the front lines in the "war on iraq" should I not be allowed to talk about my opinions of the matter?

By all means, but if you don't want to appear foolish, do your research before you comment. "Google Shinawatra & Damapong" and open a beer....

Edited by seri thai