State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are calling for elections!

Duh!

How about a prison time for those who declared an all out war on the government? What's the point in talking about elections in essentially a lawless country under the state of emergency that can't even be enforced?

First the govt needs to subdue the insurgency, make sure that emergency situation passes, then talk about elections.

elections and house dissolution will subdue the "insurgency" quicker and more effectively than any police or army.

Edited by mc2

I was planning on heading to Khao San Road tomorrow.....should I cancel?

You should go. I just got a text message telling me Elvis is there, and Kramer arrives tomorrow! :o

Not true I already told you Elvis is on Koh Chang.

I don't see anything wrong with a new election, but I'm not sure it would accomplish anything. Thai politics is extremely fragmented. Only a coalition is going to govern. Abhisit won the last round of coalition building. I don't think he's lost any support, judging from the last no confidence vote. The red shirts need to look at what happened in Israel and realize that the party with the most votes doesn't always come to power. The key is building a coalition.

How about prison time for those that took over the airport?

Just about the same as a justice finally served on my traffic ticket - irrelevant.

We have a red mobs on a hunt to kill the Prime Minister - that's as treasonous as it gets, and it's happening right now.

Jesus mighty...where did you get that, really??? :o

All is already so hard and what for are this kind of disinformation? To put more oil?

Better be carefyll about what you posting here, please.

Just about the same as a justice finally served on my traffic ticket - irrelevant.

We have a red mobs on a hunt to kill the Prime Minister - that's as treasonous as it gets, and it's happening right now.

Jesus mighty...where did you get that, really??? :o

All is already so hard and what for are this kind of disinformation? To put more oil?

Better be carefyll about what you posting here, please.

I would say the fact that they already slightly injured him, is a good indication as to their intentions.... No?

Please show me the evidence where they say "Kill the Prime Minister"

Or stop posting your nonsense.

The red shirts did injure him and send him to the hospital. I think that's enough. The red shirts have not exercised restraint with respect to violence (Channel 5 camera man) and are fortunate the police and army have exercised restraint.

I don't see anything wrong with a new election, but I'm not sure it would accomplish anything. Thai politics is extremely fragmented. Only a coalition is going to govern. Abhisit won the last round of coalition building. I don't think he's lost any support, judging from the last no confidence vote. The red shirts need to look at what happened in Israel and realize that the party with the most votes doesn't always come to power. The key is building a coalition.

The problem with new elections, for certain politicians, is that many people have pumped millions into the PAD and backing certain people to get the Democrats into power.

They have not had time to get the money back on new government tenders and contracts.

If they dissolve the House and have new elections, then the power backers will have to write off all the money they spent and that will hurt very badly, and thats why its so difficult for new elections to be held so early, simply the "payback honeymoon" has not happened yet for the backers.

This is what people tell me anyway :o

<deleted>? What do you think they want him for..to give him a good talking too; like the driver this afternoon!! ...some people on here need to step into the real World..IT IS VERY VIOLENT

Can anyone confirm this? Thaksin in Thailand? Recent rumors that he was in Cambodia and he's publicly announced the start of his "peoples revolution" and his return to Thailand. Nobody can say he hasn't got balls!

The problem with new elections, for certain politicians, is that many people have pumped millions into the PAD and backing certain people to get the Democrats into power.

They have not had time to get the money back on new government tenders and contracts.

If they dissolve the House and have new elections, then the power backers will have to write off all the money they spent and that will hurt very badly, and thats why its so difficult for new elections to be held so early, simply the "payback honeymoon" has not happened yet for the backers.

This is what people tell me anyway :o

"Your people" aren't necessarily in the know. If they were, they would be better at coalition building. :D

Can anyone confirm this? Thaksin in Thailand? Recent rumors that he was in Cambodia and he's publicly announced the start of his "peoples revolution" and his return to Thailand. Nobody can say he hasn't got balls!

My highlight in Bold.

Thaksin makes phone-in, calling more to join rallies

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra made a phone-in to the rally at the Government House at 6:30 pm, calling more people to join anti-government rallies in Bangkok.

He said it was the "golden time" now for the protesters to rise up against the government after soldiers were deployed to Bangkok streets.

He said it was now time for the people's revolution and he was ready to move into Thailand to lead the people's uprising.

The Nation

Edited by Oberkommando

My highlight in Bold.

Thaksin makes phone-in, calling more to join rallies

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra made a phone-in to the rally at the Government House at 6:30 pm, calling more people to join anti-government rallies in Bangkok.

He said it was the "golden time" now for the protesters to rise up against the government after soldiers were deployed to Bangkok streets.

He said it was now time for the people's revolution and he was ready to move into Thailand to lead the people's uprising.

The Nation

Well, as soon as he makes his presence known, he'll be taken to jail. So I imagine he is full of it....

Jonathon Head reported, the reds leadership - Attack the government in any way you can. Not a direct quote, but if it comes back on the news at 8 I'll get it.

If he had balls he wouldn't have fled the country in the first place. He'll wait till things "settle down" in one way or another before deciding whether to ride his fat little arse back into town.

I was planning on heading to Khao San Road tomorrow.....should I cancel?

You should go. I just got a text message telling me Elvis is there, and Kramer arrives tomorrow! :o

Not true I already told you Elvis is on Koh Chang.

Damed impersonators But he is wearing a yellow jacket- that must mean something!

3488652300-1.jpg

<deleted>? What do you think they want him for..to give him a good talking too; like the driver this afternoon!! ...some people on here need to step into the real World..IT IS VERY VIOLENT

Unless it is on record as saying they want to KILL HIM.

HOW DARE ANYONE TRY TO STIR UP TROUBLE by suggesting they have said they want to kill him.

They do want to talk to him yes, they do not want to kill him.

Some people are disgusting in the way they show their bias and make up stories. Imagine saying openly you want to kill the PM. How stupid.

If he had balls he wouldn't have fled the country in the first place. He'll wait till things "settle down" in one way or another before deciding whether to ride his fat little arse back into town.

He'll never come back. Take that one to the bank. He is only trying to negotiate for the release of his money. If that happens, you can bet he'll be on the video, telling everyone that they have "Won a great victory", and asking them to go home.

This is about money. Isn't everything?

Thaksin has balls??? He's spent the past few years running, hiding, and attacking people from video links and phone-ins. Must be some tiny balls.