Protecting Your Camera In The World’s Largest Water Fight

desi

For those heading out to take photos during Songkran...

Protecting your camera in the world’s largest water fight

The basic plan was to wrap the camera and lens with the ClingWrap and then secure the seams with the double-side tape. First I stuck the tape around the seam where the UV filter and the main lens met. Then I put another circle of tape around the end of the lens where it met with the camera. I exposed the sticky second side and wrapped my first layer of ClingWrap around the lens (leaving the UV lens open). I then wrapped the lens with another layer of wrap and the camera body with two layers of warp and tightened it down with another layer of tape. After about 15 minutes, I had something that resembled a shiny plastic cocoon.

I use a Aquapac http://www.aquapac.net/ for my Olympus 8080.

Then my E-3

post-3770-1239622900_thumb.jpg

Does this image make you shudder? Don't worry, the E-3 body, built-in flash, terminal covers and LCD are all splash proof and dust proof. You'll also find splash and dust resistant models of Zuiko Digital lenses that are as tightly sealed as the camera.

---------------

Is really not Snogkran Proof, but in the pick-up with all doors closed it is.

Enjoy taking your photo come rain or shine :o

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

i bought an oly u720sw

Yes, I have the 1030sw and certainly do not worry about it getting wet, Taken it on much tougher assignments and it survived (though it did lose its paint coat, but who cares?).

http://www.flickr.com/people/28361002@N07/

this year i started with my old Fuji S7000 in a plastic bag...but shooting through the bag gave a softening effect.... next I used my Olympus E-1 in a bag with a hole cut and sealed by the lens hood around the filter ring...this was much better...although sometimes water caused a little fogging between the filter and lens in the sunlight...

according to the manufacturer anyway

As mentioned earlier, it is. Whilst I have lost the frame around the viewfinder and the original green paint has disappeared, it works just fine. I have used it on a ll sort of adventure races; some real abuse there.