Moving To Thailand

Hello my name is RAY, im 26 years of age and am looking at moving to BANGKOK/pattaya. I currently live in Australia. I have been to pattaya many times and have fallen in love with the life style. I love eating all the time and going to the gym and walking on the beach and like the friendly ladies at night. I feel i can live a better life there than I do now. I find im am very lonely here in Australia.I don t understand why Im tall and have no physical defromities and am very fit. Like being kept busy. I was wondering if you could provide me with some advice. I am currently am financialy secure and have enough money to rent my unit and live off investments from australia. I have done very well on the stock market recently too

I want to keep my investments in Australia and have income from the investment used to live in pattaya or bangkok. I can afford to live off 100 000 baht a month. I also have enough mony to invest in a business In the next year I want to get into the shallow end of the pool with a little business. I want something that can just break even and keep me occupied for a few hours a day so maybe a coffee shop. In the near future I will come into money and may be buy a hotel or apartment complex or buy a guest house (blue chip only). Can anyone provide me with any advice on people who have done this. please it would be so much appreciated. I am honestly thinking at the end of the year to move up and give it ago Lifes to short to be unhappy. I want to live in the land of the smiles

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello my name is RAY, im 26 years of age and am looking at moving to BANGKOK/pattaya. I currently live in Australia. I have been to pattaya many times and have fallen in love with the life style. I love eating all the time and going to the gym and walking on the beach and like the friendly ladies at night. I feel i can live a better life there than I do now. I find im am very lonely here in Australia.I don t understand why Im tall and have no physical defromities and am very fit. Like being kept busy. I was wondering if you could provide me with some advice. I am currently am financialy secure and have enough money to rent my unit and live off investments from australia. I have done very well on the stock market recently too

I want to keep my investments in Australia and have income from the investment used to live in pattaya or bangkok. I can afford to live off 100 000 baht a month. I also have enough mony to invest in a business In the next year I want to get into the shallow end of the pool with a little business. I want something that can just break even and keep me occupied for a few hours a day so maybe a coffee shop. In the near future I will come into money and may be buy a hotel or apartment complex or buy a guest house (blue chip only). Can anyone provide me with any advice on people who have done this. please it would be so much appreciated. I am honestly thinking at the end of the year to move up and give it ago Lifes to short to be unhappy. I want to live in the land of the smiles

:o:D:D

Hi Ray

Sounds very good about your plans, i am going to do the same in 3 to 4 months :-) I have been living in Thailand for 5 months earlier, and know i plan to back and stay again. I am from Denmark, and just miss Thailand, and then my plan is to do online business from there. Maybe we can hook up in Thailand, feel free to ask me any questions as i have very good friends in Thailand which i can ask if i cant answer your question :-)

Take Care

Thomas

Here is a great idea, come to Pattaya, sign up a big expensive lease and meet many Thai Hookers. Even though you think you wont get caught, you eventually get stung for 200-300 Thousand (if your lucky) by a Thai girl, you buy a Bar or a cheap hotel for 3-5Million, and that goes belly up after 2 years.....The land of smiles looks very inviting from afar, just look at all the recent events, Thai people are very disturbed..... and have many issues...if you scratch beneath the surface.... i would suggest you invest in Australia Real Estate now it has almost bottomed out.... not in Thai Hookers

-------------------

Within 24 hours of your arrival in Thailand you will know you've stumbled into Paradise. You'll forget about your past as your heart and soul surge forward. Within a week you won't look back no more.

Lonely in Australia?

From day 1 here you will go into orbit w.r.t. women, beautiful women, soft, aromatic, smoooooth as silk, delicate, with tantalizing voices. Regardless who you're with, even if its just for a night or day, she will take care of you like no ever has before. Disregard the negative comments about hookers - here even the hookers outclass the average non-hooker western woman a trillion to one in terms of humanity, heart and soul. Light years ahead and besides there are hookers in the western world too but the only ones doing biz with them are the ones who've not discovered this paradise yet!

And the icing on the cake? ... even if you end up living with one, if and when its over, she won't take nowhere near half.

Some simple rules:

Rent, don't buy property - not ever, not even if ALL your australian friends are raving about their houses.

Stop advertising your financial wherewithal on this board - the sharks here will be waiting for you at the airport with hair-brained biz schemes and you'll lose it all.

No need to do any business, your stated amounts are more than adequate to live well.

Break the western code at age 26 - retire from life and do absolutely NOTHING! You will enjoy it.

Note: upon your arrival you will be mistaken by westerners living here for a bank, so paste a sign on your forehead saying, "broke to the bone, will work for food"

-------------------

Within 24 hours of your arrival in Thailand you will know you've stumbled into Paradise. You'll forget about your past as your heart and soul surge forward. Within a week you won't look back no more.

Lonely in Australia?

From day 1 here you will go into orbit w.r.t. women, beautiful women, soft, aromatic, smoooooth as silk, delicate, with tantalizing voices. Regardless who you're with, even if its just for a night or day, she will take care of you like no ever has before. Disregard the negative comments about hookers - here even the hookers outclass the average non-hooker western woman a trillion to one in terms of humanity, heart and soul. Light years ahead and besides there are hookers in the western world too but the only ones doing biz with them are the ones who've not discovered this paradise yet!

And the icing on the cake? ... even if you end up living with one, if and when its over, she won't take nowhere near half.

Some simple rules:

Rent, don't buy property - not ever, not even if ALL your australian friends are raving about their houses.

Stop advertising your financial wherewithal on this board - the sharks here will be waiting for you at the airport with hair-brained biz schemes and you'll lose it all.

No need to do any business, your stated amounts are more than adequate to live well.

Break the western code at age 26 - retire from life and do absolutely NOTHING! You will enjoy it.

Note: upon your arrival you will be mistaken by westerners living here for a bank, so paste a sign on your forehead saying, "broke to the bone, will work for food"

I agree with some of the points above, especially the last one :-).....

1. do take care around the ladies, some will want take your money to add to their own savings.

2. don't get to into the night life that your drunk most nights.

3. don't argue with the thai's or under-estimate them, there are more of them than us and they do believe in strength in numbers, don't be fooled with their size or build.

Look for other things to occupy your time, live a normal life, keep you head down, don't walk around with gold hanging off you or flashing too much cash about.

I came to Thailand, met a reasonable woman, it wasn't planned but she fell pregnant. Now my priorities in life have changed because I our little daughter, my priority is her safety. Currently I'm back in the UK, but for Thailand, I would now be inclined to search for typical european house to rent in a non-tourist area and take up diving or something to fill my time with.

Edited by ArranP

Well, very interesting first post from the OP :D:D

Firstly, how many times have you been to Thailand in between making your millions?

My advice:

1) Bangkok/Pattaya isn't Thailand.

2) Learn Thai and stay for one year.

3) Leave your money assets in Australia where there are laws that are enforced.

Good luck :o

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Here is a great idea, come to Pattaya, sign up a big expensive lease and meet many Thai Hookers. Even though you think you wont get caught, you eventually get stung for 200-300 Thousand (if your lucky) by a Thai girl, you buy a Bar or a cheap hotel for 3-5Million, and that goes belly up after 2 years.....The land of smiles looks very inviting from afar, just look at all the recent events, Thai people are very disturbed..... and have many issues...if you scratch beneath the surface.... i would suggest you invest in Australia Real Estate now it has almost bottomed out.... not in Thai Hookers

Can I have real comments please not from some idot that has be obviously burnt and had his heart broken

Well, very interesting first post from the OP :o:D

RAZZ

hel_l, I really thought that when I came home so drunk last night that I remembered my first footsteps into thailand, I did set up a new TV-ID and started to post. Age matching, story similar and country almost reads the same....

But those memory blinks normally occur close before death I heard :D

On a serious note if you have 100k available each month without working whats all the questioning for?

Can I have real comments please not from some idot that has be obviously burnt and had his heart broken

Well to be fair mate, with an OP like that what do you expect? :o

Take care and slow down.

All the best.

RAZZ

Lonely in Australia?

Some simple rules:

Thank you very much for your reply, Look I have been to pattaya about six times and never show or tell my wealth to anyone, I just mentioned it on this board because I really do need advice from people like yourself. With me I consider myself to be an astute investor I would leave 70-80% of my assets in Australia and honestly can smell a rat easily. Im lonely in Australia I don’t know why I just seem to make so many friends in Pattaya. And the girls go ape shit when Im there. And yes I KNOW ITS BECAUSE OF themoney but I am careful with the girls and rather pay for ST & LT least I know what im getting and there is no chance in falling in love. And your right they are sweetheart and they do know how to look after you. I wouldn’t mind exploring the possibility of owning a business or eventually buying an apartment complex will see. I don’t want to get bored.

An example perhaps of not wanting to hear advice that disagrees with what you already think.

Thank you very much for your reply, Look I have been to pattaya about six times and never show or tell my wealth to anyone, I just mentioned it on this board because I really do need advice from people like yourself. With me I consider myself to be an astute investor I would leave 70-80% of my assets in Australia and honestly can smell a rat easily. Im lonely in Australia I don’t know why I just seem to make so many friends in Pattaya. And the girls go ape shit when Im there. And yes I KNOW ITS BECAUSE OF themoney but I am careful with the girls and rather pay for ST & LT least I know what im getting and there is no chance in falling in love. And your right they are sweetheart and they do know how to look after you. I wouldn’t mind exploring the possibility of owning a business or eventually buying an apartment complex will see. I don’t want to get bored.

I'd really would like to hear from you again, say two or three years after arriving here. It would be interesting to see if, at that time, you would be so dismissive of the advice you now so readily ascribe to some idot that has be obviously burnt and had his heart broken.

Not that I expect we shall.... The 'burn rate' is pretty high in Thailand and while guys so often trumpet their arrival, departures tend to be a much more subdued affair.

Stay lucky kid, you're going to need it.

Edited by GuestHouse

I'm 28 and live in Pattaya. There are not very many young men here, let alone ones who live here year around. So, it will be lonely from that standpoint, there are not many from your agegroup here. I don't know why, maybe young guys just don't travel/have money to come here. But I did it, and live off the money I make from my website. So, I don't know what the excuse is. :o

Some simple rules:

Hi Harmonica, over the longer term I am considering a house purchase in Thailand, may I ask, what is the reasoning for you not buying property in Thailand.

Regards

Arran.

Some simple rules:

Hi Harmonica, over the longer term I am considering a house purchase in Thailand, may I ask, what is the reasoning for you not buying property in Thailand.

Regards

Arran.

I would never buy here. marriage + buy house = big no no. also, the prices of some of these condos seem a little on the high side. I'm not paying 2 million for a small studio. :o I can get much cheaper in the US!

Only listen to the optimistic people.

If u have something about you you'll do ok.

There are to many depressed or negative or jealous people on thaivisa so just take what they say with a pinch of salt!

Research yourself and dont listen to the sheep.

I forgot to say most members on here are over 50 or retired and just dont like the fact that younger guys are moving over here.

Basically i imagine there jealous. I guess they dont like the fact that we meet thai ladies that are the same age as us. So usually our relationships are based on love rather than money.

Its a bit bitter a twisted on here mate

Edited by BygonKeaw

I forgot to say most members on here are over 50 or retired and just dont like the fact that younger guys are moving over here.

Basically i imagine there jealous. I guess they dont like the fact that we meet thai ladies that are the same age as us. So usually our relationships are based on love rather than money.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just putting a dig into all the old jealous blokes.

Remember chaps never get life insurance in thailand, Ok then if u do for gods sake dont tell your 20 year younger wife.

:o:D:D:D:D

Spend some time here and not your money. Get used to living and life. Travel around, you may find that Pattaya is not where you want to buy the business. Just take your time and don't make any sudden moves or invest in something too quickly. Man you're only 26 and have a pocket full. I would love to have that chance. You will get burned once or twice. Don't let that make you a cynic about life here. If you have you're head screwed on almost straight you will come up floating again.

Im lonely in Australia... and there is no chance in falling in love. I don’t want to get bored.

Boredom is the least of your worries. You have relationship issues. Lonely in Australia? <deleted>? You make friends easily in Thailand? <deleted>? They don't even speak your language and vice versa and you want to come here and start a business?

The advice has been given. You have enough cash to come and RENT your home and friends here in paradise. <deleted> don't spoil it by thinking that you can make a business here... just to ease the boredom that you are savvy enough to acknowledge will happen. Just trying to get a work permit and staying legal with immigration department will crush your dreams to pulp.

Some simple rules:

Regards

Arran.

The fact that as a foreigner, one cannot own the land under your home is a deal killer for most.

Boredom is the least of your worries. You have relationship issues. Lonely in Australia? <deleted>? You make friends easily in Thailand? <deleted>? They don't even speak your language and vice versa and you want to come here and start a business?

The advice has been given. You have enough cash to come and RENT your home and friends here in paradise. <deleted> don't spoil it by thinking that you can make a business here... just to ease the boredom that you are savvy enough to acknowledge will happen. Just trying to get a work permit and staying legal with immigration department will crush your dreams to pulp.

Look first of all, i accept all advice but you are wrong I bet I will have no problem living in thailand I will put money on it. Im australin an under 30 and pass all criteria to have a special 1 year visa.

1.1 Must be an Australian national currently residing in Australia;

1.2 Must be aged between 18-30 years inclusive at the time of application and not accompanied by children or dependents;

1.3 Have tertiary qualifications (full time courses with at least 3 years of study);

1.4 Have a valid Australian passport (valid for at least 6 months);

1.5 Have a return ticket or sufficient funds to purchase the ticket;

1.6 Have sufficient funds of at least AUD 5,000 for living expense in Thailand;

1.7 Must be in good health and hold a medical and comprehensive health insurance that remains in force throughout the stay in Thailand

I have all of the above.

Second of all have you lived on the GOLDCOAST or SYDNEY omg I am a tall good looking guy that recently broke up with my girlfriend. I treated her like a princess and she ripped me bad. She found a new guy in no time . I visited pattaya right after and she was out of my head in 3 days. I came back after a month. I go out and I tell you I dont like my odds. There is like 8 guys to 2 girls. These girls think there the "Shit". And there not beautiful like the thai girls there fat and ugly. Mate come to the gold coast and will go for a drink and watch your self esteem go down. When your in Thailand you forget how much attention you get. I don’t understand Im kind hearted and am established I can afford to retire in Thailand next year so why would I bother staying here living the bad life.

In Thailand I cannot even walk down the street without girls asking me for my number and yes it’s the money they want but im young and they say im hansome man its makes me feel good so I dont mind paying for it. its little money and Im happy with the honey I give them the money. Man its amazing and the losers back here in the bar or nightclubs trying to meet a girl forget about it. I take the fast route. That’s why I can afford to retire a 26.I been looking at this site for 6 years ever since I first visited thailand . I know that I can live a great lifestyle on 100k+ per month + More assets will come my way more down the line. I can also buy a little hotel or apartment complex. Its about location location and finding good advisors. And when I get here Im not going to tell the world I have money I will pretend im broke. I know how to make money and I know about real-estate. Yer everyone thinks I will go broke but I wont because I will leave 80% of my assets in AUS. I can afford to buy a 30million baht -40 hotel in a few years. So will see.

Lonely in Australia?

Some simple rules:

------------------

Looks like you're all set to make the move.

I was 23 when I made my first move to a foreign country (not Thailand) - had no advice whatsoever, just a visa, airticket and <deleted>>-all money, didn't know anybody in the country of destination, didn't have nobody to pick me up at the airport, but made a beeline for the youth hostel. I started from there and never looked back.

Too much planning don't help. Just do it!

>>>>> And yes I KNOW ITS BECAUSE OF themoney <<<<<

With western women, even if they say its not about the money, by the time the relationship ends, its always about the money.

With a prof. Thai woman you know this up front and it eliminates 99% potential problems. Pay, get your service, be courteous and respectful and leave with a clean getaway, no strings attached. Exactly such a situation is what ALL men really want - they don't want to be sat down "to talk" for hours, enduring listening to a torrent of nonsense, before getting some humma-humma.

With a regular aka non-hooker Thai woman you're still going to be light years ahead than with a comparable western female, but when the relationship sours, it will boil down to just the f--kin money regardless, but the winner is the thai lady because she won't get nowhere close to half, whereas a western female can nail you for upto 85% in places like California.

Thai woman wins hands down! And in the sac, the ultimate test, nobody else comes close, not even Peaceblondie. There is no competition. :o

How did this turn from a thread about a guy asking for financial/business advice regarding a move to Thailand into a thread about guys bitching over western women and how good Thai prostitutes are in comparison? - Aren't there alternative websites that cater for the looser end of the market? - This, I though was the business and financial branch of ThaiVisa.

I know of very few expats that have made it in LOS over the years gaming the stock market. The vast majority of the guys I know are either retired after decades of hard "real" work, have a decent inheritance, live off a pension or rental property that they own in their home country. Some even have real businesses or jobs here or work for multi-national companies. The point I want to make is that your monthly budget and vast fortune could dissappear in a blink of an eye if your gambling your wad in the market.

I'm 28 and live in Pattaya. There are not very many young men here, let alone ones who live here year around. So, it will be lonely from that standpoint, there are not many from your agegroup here. I don't know why, maybe young guys just don't travel/have money to come here. But I did it, and live off the money I make from my website. So, I don't know what the excuse is. :o

I am actually going to do exactly the same :-) Which web site do you run affiliate or export ?