Moving To Thailand

How did this turn from a thread about a guy asking for financial/business advice regarding a move to Thailand into a thread about guys bitching over western women and how good Thai prostitutes are in comparison? - Aren't there alternative websites that cater for the looser end of the market? - This, I though was the business and financial branch of ThaiVisa.

Hey get real mate, the whole of pattaya history is based on the sex tourism so don’t give me that shit. Girls and money that’s what it is all about, you need the money because us guys want that honey. Now cut the crap. Aren't there alternative websites that cater for the looser end of the market? Oh im a loser mate because i prefer pattaya over Australia. Man I tell you something im 6ft 4 very fit good looking guy. Good family background and genuine and warm heart have never stolen and treat girls with respect. I am university educated and have a professional job. I also a self made millionaire ok. So I don’t know the dam reason why im single in Aus but I am. Its Friday night am Im all alone. You see pattaya and Bangkok is the only place i believe on earth where guys like me get respect and never feel lonely. And also Im sick of all these people thinking i ll loose my money. I been reading posts from here for 5 years and with my six sense I can smell a rat. This is my plan which now have changed Keep my assets in AUS all of them, stuff going into business with all these negative vibes. I feel like I will lose my money. I ll tell people im on an extended holiday and have little money and must be careful. Be friendly to other farangs but don’t trust them and watch out for the women. Be truthful and tell them what you want. Remember its up too me. I ll now have a great life. The End

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did this turn from a thread about a guy asking for financial/business advice regarding a move to Thailand into a thread about guys bitching over western women and how good Thai prostitutes are in comparison? - Aren't there alternative websites that cater for the looser end of the market? - This, I though was the business and financial branch of ThaiVisa.

Hey get real mate, the whole of pattaya history is based on the sex tourism so don’t give me that shit. Girls and money that’s what it is all about, you need the money because us guys want that honey. Now cut the crap. Aren't there alternative websites that cater for the looser end of the market? Oh im a loser mate because i prefer pattaya over Australia. Man I tell you something im 6ft 4 very fit good looking guy. Good family background and genuine and warm heart have never stolen and treat girls with respect. I am university educated and have a professional job. I also a self made millionaire ok. So I don’t know the dam reason why im single in Aus but I am. Its Friday night am Im all alone. You see pattaya and Bangkok is the only place i believe on earth where guys like me get respect and never feel lonely. And also Im sick of all these people thinking i ll loose my money. I been reading posts from here for 5 years and with my six sense I can smell a rat. This is my plan which now have changed Keep my assets in AUS all of them, stuff going into business with all these negative vibes. I feel like I will lose my money. I ll tell people im on an extended holiday and have little money and must be careful. Be friendly to other farangs but don’t trust them and watch out for the women. Be truthful and tell them what you want. Remember its up too me. I ll now have a great life. The End

you might be no "loser" though I agree that your attitude sucks and this thread would be closed by now should I have anything to say here and it would not even feel rough as by yourself put the necessary in: The End.

TV business section at its best. :o

Edited by PCA

Hey get real mate, the whole of pattaya history is based on the sex tourism so don't give me that shit. Girls and money that's what it is all about, you need the money because us guys want that honey. Now cut the crap. Aren't there alternative websites that cater for the looser end of the market? Oh im a loser mate because i prefer pattaya over Australia. Man I tell you something im 6ft 4 very fit good looking guy. Good family background and genuine and warm heart have never stolen and treat girls with respect. I am university educated and have a professional job. I also a self made millionaire ok. So I don't know the dam reason why im single in Aus but I am. Its Friday night am Im all alone. You see pattaya and Bangkok is the only place i believe on earth where guys like me get respect and never feel lonely. And also Im sick of all these people thinking i ll loose my money. I been reading posts from here for 5 years and with my six sense I can smell a rat. This is my plan which now have changed Keep my assets in AUS all of them, stuff going into business with all these negative vibes. I feel like I will lose my money. I ll tell people im on an extended holiday and have little money and must be careful. Be friendly to other farangs but don't trust them and watch out for the women. Be truthful and tell them what you want. Remember its up too me. I ll now have a great life. The End

you might be no "loser" though I agree that your attitude sucks and this thread would be closed by now should I have anything to say here and it would not even feel rough as by yourself put the necessary in: The End.

TV business section at its best. :o

Ok MR my attitude sucks, what did I say? All I wanted was some business advice and then I get these types of replies?

Now who’s attitude sucks

sign up a big expensive lease and meet many Thai Hookers. Even though you think you wont get caught, you eventually get stung for 200-300 Thousand (if your lucky) by a Thai girl, you buy a Bar or a cheap hotel for 3-5Million, and that goes belly up after 2 years.....The land of smiles looks very inviting from afar, just look at all the recent events, Thai people are very disturbed..... and have many issues...if you scratch beneath the surface

I'd really would like to hear from you again, say two or three years after arriving here. It would be interesting to see if, at that time, you would be so dismissive of the advice you now so readily ascribe to some idot that has be obviously burnt and had his heart broken.

Not that I expect we shall.... The 'burn rate' is pretty high in Thailand and while guys so often trumpet their arrival, departures tend to be a much more subdued affair.

You have relationship issues. Lonely in Australia? <deleted>? You make friends easily in Thailand? <deleted>? They don't even speak your language and vice versa and you want to come here and start a business?

You've got it all going - the looks, the physique, the education, the money but you can only get what you want in Pattaya - I think you are right - a rat can be smelt.

---

Here's an observation: I know a number of people who have been pretty successful setting themselves up in Thailand - All discuss Thailand as a balance of positive things and negative things - Ask them advice about settling in Thailand and they give the good news and the bad news.

As noted above, you launch into a rant against advice you do not want to hear. I find that curious - If you were really making a considered decision about setting up a business in Thailand you'd be equally interested in the warnings and cautions as you are in the positive comments.

But like you say, you've smelt a rat, and I think I have too.

If you are a millionaire and 26, congrats, you can do whatever you want. But don't brush aside some of the advice given here. I've been here about 3 years.

Things that are true and old timers will warn you about:

Do NOT think bar girl and romance belong in the same sentence. Would you perfer a hooker in Oz over being alone?

Do NOT start or invest in a business in Thailand. Most ex-pats who have a business work very hard for very little or they

flat out fail. Thais too for that matter.

Vacationing in a place and living in it are two different things. Very different.

Relax. have a long holiday here before commiting to ANYTHING.

If you are a millionaire and 26, congrats, you can do whatever you want. But don't brush aside some of the advice given here. I've been here about 3 years.

Things that are true and old timers will warn you about:

Do NOT think bar girl and romance belong in the same sentence. Would you perfer a hooker in Oz over being alone?

Do NOT start or invest in a business in Thailand. Most ex-pats who have a business work very hard for very little or they

flat out fail. Thais too for that matter.

Vacationing in a place and living in it are two different things. Very different.

Relax. have a long holiday here before commiting to ANYTHING.

ok thankyou

Couldn't help but notice that you incessantly state your youth, good looks and great wealth on a public forum read by people you probably will never meet.

You are bitter because you just got ditched by your Aussie girlfriend so now you hate all white women and idolize your vision of Thai womanhood? You can't stand the competition for female attention back home and can't accept that such a fine 'catch' as yourself is getting left on the shelf.

I think I was right when I said you have relationship issues and until you get your head around that fact and realize that money can't buy love or friendship, the better you will feel.

Maybe after you cross that bridge, you can appreciate the value of the negative business advice that has been dispensed. Until you do, no matter how much you tell yourself that you know what to do in Thailand, you are a train wreck in waiting.

"You have no idea I think you are delusional", yes Im bitter by my aussie girlfriend but she is begging for me back and I wont go there. Normally when people go through a breakup they are bitter. BUT I don’t hate all white women. That is a stupid comment and certainly don’t idolize the vision of a thai woman. When did I say that. You and your friend must have moved to Thailand for what reason now be honest ? You been in Thailand so long you forget what it is like back home that why you left. "HIPOCRIT" Your Just jealous I can have everything I want and you know a young 26 year old found out about this great place and wont have any problems where the ratio is so high.

"You can't stand the competition for female attention back home and can't accept that such a fine 'catch' as yourself is getting left on the shelf". Very true where I live no joke there are a shortage of females so the ratio is impossible and Im new here so I don’t have a big social network so yes is that a problem. I said that from the start. You see im just like you I can have more fun up there than here.

"Money can buy love or friendship" You are just a poor bitter jeolous OLD man. I had lots more fun in pattaya and Bangkok when I was paying for it. It was little money but it was great. Do you have a wife my friend ? I bet your if money ran out so would she. Or she would become very bitter. As a matter of fact is your wife alot younger than you. Ask yourself truly is she really with you cause of love or just because she wants someone to take care of her. Well I bet you if you came to Aus that would be impossible to find. And you ask yourself why ? You know why. ooooooh getting scared of the truth. Ok and didn’t you read my other comment im not investing in Thailand anymore so not going to go broke. I just made 130k on the stockmarket in the last 2 months so your right i prefer the easy route. And no I wont lose it I just sold then. hahahahahahah nobody goes broke taking a profit.....

Seeya around in thailand old man.

Thailand must be perfect for OP , he can buy anything he wants.

But money can't buy happiness in the long run.

Thais will love you , but only for your money .

Good Luck

^^ OK, if you want name-calling, you are shallow and immature as well.

"my aussie girlfriend but she is begging for me back..." and then you woke up!

Just to put it in perspective, you are allegedly 27, rich and good looking but deathly scared that your pulling power (if you ever had any) has deserted you. So come on over to Pattaya, there's a special place reserved for you on Beach Road. The ladies will laugh at your witty remarks and help reinflate your crushed ego and there's plenty of balloon-chasers to toast you when you ring the bell.

You can have all the money in the world and buy as many friends as you want but guess what?... true friends and real love are not a tradeable commodity, not something you can make financial capital out of, so I guess you need to accept the fact that despite your looks, wealth and (distinct lack of) charm, you will still be unhappy. But you will stick out like dogs balls in the bar/club, bronzed, laughing, flashing the wad, center of attention, a dolly bird on each arm, valet parked Merc, huge (soulless) condo overlooking the Chaophraya... a total legend in your own lunchtime. Just stay clear of the balcony when the (last) penny finally drops.

Edited by NanLaew

Thailand is probably the last place for a rich, young han'sum man to come to.

Best to go around keeping your mouth closed and less than 5,000 Baht in your pocket. That way you have more chance of finding genuine friends and aquaintancies.

Remember guys, this is the internet - The OP can be what he wants to be.

All I know is, when I was 26 years old I had better things on my mind than what 'Old Men' think or get up to (can't say I ever thought about old men) and as for breaking up with girlfriends, it always seemed like a good excuse for a night out with the lads.

26 years old and driven to coming to Thailand to pay for what his girlfriend decided to no longer provide - Sad... and I mean really sad.

---

Oh and these claims about making money so easily - - Give us your recommendation for ten investment vehicles that are going to turn a profit in the next 3 moths, 6 months, a year... Your choose.

Put up or shut up!

My own view.... you'll be in trouble when your sister catches you using her computer.

Remember guys, this is the internet - The OP can be what he wants to be.

All I know is, when I was 26 years old I had better things on my mind than what 'Old Men' think or get up to (can't say I ever thought about old men) and as for breaking up with girlfriends, it always seemed like a good excuse for a night out with the lads.

26 years old and driven to coming to Thailand to pay for what his girlfriend decided to no longer provide - Sad... and I mean really sad.

---

Oh and these claims about making money so easily - - Give us your recommendation for ten investment vehicles that are going to turn a profit in the next 3 moths, 6 months, a year... Your choose.

Put up or shut up!

My own view.... you'll be in trouble when your sister catches you using her computer.

First of all you are right my ex girlfriend really broke my heart bad. It was sooo upsetting. She loved me for me and didn’t know about my assets she new I had money but not to an extent. I took her for granted we were going out for 2 years I got comfortable and didn’t show her I cared. I wasn’t performing and thought she would always be there. She left me for this other old guy that is 30 in AUS with a ten year old kid. He treats her like an angel and I know in my heart she is better off with him because she will be happier and he will treat her better. When I arrived in Pattaya shortly after it got her off my mind but your right you cannot compare unconditional love to ST or LT. But because I screwed up with her I have to accept my chances aren’t that great anymore in AUS. Look I shouldn’t get angry at your advice, life is about learning and change. When I come to pattaya or Bangkok I will no hardly anything. Just like starting a new job I can probably pretend I will know allot but in the end It will take me years to learn the language, the history, customs and how a business runs. So I guess what my uncle say with me all the time is patience. But even you old fellas have to understand you don’t know all the answers but after reading this forum for years I have learnt a lot from you guys.

Ok well in regards to you wanting my advice “Give us your recommendation for ten investment vehicles that are going to turn a profit in the next 3 moths, 6 months, a year... Your choose.” With me Im an astute investor that has got it right to escape this nightmare or financial crisis. I was able to buy shares and sell them at the right time to buy a commercial property in 2002 then I managed to buy shares again and sell them in may 07 when I bought another property 3 months before the peak because the ASX was so over valued. People were telling me good shares to buy like macquarie bank at $86 I told people I bought it at $22 and I bought 3000 of them so there was no way i am buying back at that price. I bought most of my shares in early and 2003-5 and made alot of money. Then when I switched to property I showed patience watching them go down. But I said enough is enough and took equity from my ASSETS and got back in buying the shares I sold at 60 - 80% lower value. I honestly believe people that have gotten burnt are so scared that dont want to invest are putting there money in cash that money will go into the market one some point. The sun came out after the depression and the sun will come out of the 2008 credit crises. Well this would be my advice having an outlook in the next 3 moths, 6 months, a year is risky in this market I bought with a long term view of 3-5 years but after making good gains I sold because I think we will see a few correction are bound to happen again. I always have a 3-5 year outlook. I feel Australian banks,. They pay 8% yields and will have growth depending on the USA but I think things will come well so. I would not have any cash in thai baht as I bet you when the markets turn around the baht will become a lot weaker I think by 30%. I would see people return to more riskier investments like equitys and so on So I see Gold going down 40% with oil starting to slightly increase. I can go on if you like?

there is nothing really trollish in the OP's posting which can be argued as none of the parties can present any evidence. what doesn't match is

quote: "I can afford to live off 100 000 baht a month... little business... maybe a coffee shop...

and the investment performance he claims.

:o

there is nothing really trollish in the OP's posting which can be argued as none of the parties can present any evidence. what doesn't match is

quote: "I can afford to live off 100 000 baht a month... little business... maybe a coffee shop...

My god wat is with you guys. Ok ill put up and then shut up I have nothing to lie about. I said I dont want to be bored shitless in pattaya so buying a little business will keep me active. I said I would keep my investments in Aus. Now you will probably say this isnt my waterfront unit it;s my sisters ? Wat ever and here is my total share portfolio but its probably fake ? If you have a comsec account it cannot be fakes it the real deal.... wAt else. Sorry old fellas im the real deal. I'm a self made Millionaire Now its all about versace You copied my style Five shots couldn't drop me I took it and smiled Now I'm back to set the record straight With my A-K I'm still the thug that you love to hate

My god wat is with you guys. Ok ill put up and then shut up I have nothing to lie about. I said I dont want to be bored shitless in pattaya so buying a little business will keep me active. I said I would keep my investments in Aus. Now you will probably say this isnt my waterfront unit it;s my sisters ? Wat ever and here is my total share portfolio but its probably fake ? If you have a comsec account it cannot be fakes it the real deal.... wAt else. Sorry old fellas im the real deal. I'm a self made Millionaire Now its all about versace You copied my style Five shots couldn't drop me I took it and smiled Now I'm back to set the record straight With my A-K I'm still the thug that you love to hate

Ok I give you some credit now. Obviously you sound genuine. Since financially you are probably safe and secured there is only one advise I would like to give along:

If your love affair brought you out of balance then the last thing that will work out in thailand is that you find cure to this issue. Spend time there eventually when and how long ever you like but concentrate on building up your emmotional balance first otherwise you will step into a spiral leading downwards, first through the girls and lateron due to the fake and pretended friend/relationships with people you will get in touch there.

Balance as well is essential in case you just go there to focus on business. Many things can go wrong and will and the younger and more enthusiastic you are the easier you are to spot for the people you don't ever need to know. Start it like you always did - as a holiday.

P.S. your stock market success was pure luck and don't believe you can easily resemble.

In this regard good luck with whatever you decide.

Hello my name is RAY, im 26 years of age and am looking at moving to BANGKOK/pattaya. I currently live in Australia. In the near future I will come into money and may be buy a hotel or apartment complex or buy a guest house (blue chip only). Can anyone provide me with any advice on people who have done this. please it would be so much appreciated. I am honestly thinking at the end of the year to move up and give it ago Lifes to short to be unhappy. I want to live in the land of the smiles

:D:D:D

I agree Patin sounds like someone's blowin smoke to me have fun! :o

Edited by Rainmon

Sorry old fellas im the real deal. I'm a self made Millionaire Now its all about versace You copied my style Five shots couldn't drop me I took it and smiled Now I'm back to set the record straight With my A-K I'm still the thug that you love to hate

why would anyone hate bragging little boys? :o

Indeed.

Wise spending on fulfilling sexual needs actually makes the difference between wealth and bankruptcy, so I guess the bitching is quite pertinent :o

You know I was 21 before I lost my virginity, I guess with me I have been very isolated and protected from the world all through out high school and university I never had girlfriend or many friends. The doctors said i was suffering from social phobia and it is a terrible condition where you get panic attacks from the thought of meeting new people or socializing. It was so upsetting to have no friends and to turn your friends away for no reason. All I ever really cared about was money business stocks and property.. After discussing stuff with a doctor I got a referral and got some help and being on lexapro it was amazing it was like Im a new person. I immediately went on a holiday to Europe for two months it was great but still the people there were ok I guess I got out of my comfort zone. Then on my way back I had a stop over to a place called Bangkok I was only supposed to be there for 2 days ended up staying 4 months. Its funny my first place I was told to stay was Koh San road. I have never seen so many people in my life. I rember being in a new world. It was funny as I try to find a hotel one girl approached me wanting my number. I said wat for ? That night i went out people looked at me literally stared like I was a movie star it was nothing like I have ever experienced in my life.

At this point I was so naive and probably needed all the advice from this channel had to offer. When I visited my first go go, I thought I was in heaven everything about thailand was so much better. I found ko san road and the surrounding areas so interesting I think I stayed there for a month at least. As time when on I met a girl name Rujiricha she was my first girlfriend we spent three months together, We did the things that couples do go out to eat, fight, shop talk about the future even go to some nice islands.

Hahha I even moved in. She lived in Bangkok. But I had to leave and go back to AUS. When I was with her she never asked for a dime. Yeah I would buy her food and so on. But when I got back home she demanded a regular income. With me I felt betrayed but looking back she only wanted 10 000 baht a month. But I am careful with my money and didn’t part with it. She slowly ended things with me. I would see her a few times when I use to visit but she would first want me to go shopping with her and pay for her car which she drives. I immediately didn’t pay then she called me stingy and cheap Charlie and it hurt my feelings. I still ring her time to time but she never answers my calls. I wonder If I was mean not giving her the money, I always feel a soft spot for her, I know if I come back to Thailand I can get her back but at what cost.