Google Adsense - How Difficult?

Flow

Google Adsense - How difficult?

anyone feedback on google adsense?

the pros the cons?

worth it not worth it?

Thanks

Hi Flow,

Google Adsense is definetly the best ad solution out there.

Pros:

- You do not have to worry about finding advertisers yourself, but you can draw on the huge pool of advertisers in the adsense programme.

- Google claims to maximize your return on investment (clicks * pay per click)

- Adsense delivers relevant ads to your site, thus meeting surfers interests and increasing the likelihood that they actually do click on the ads

Cons:

- your earnings are not transparent. NEither can you verify how many surfers clicked on your ads, nor on which ad they clicked, nor what the revenue share is between you and Google. BAsically you have to trust Google..

- Not a con related to Adsense, but rather a general word of caution: you need a huge site with a lot of traffic for the effort of maintaining your website acually paying off.

Hope that helps as a first response, and I am sure others will add their opinions too!

Best

Wolfe

Edited by Wolfe69

Your reply is extremely informative for a newbie and non-tech like myself. Appreciate it, wolfe69!

I agree, well spelled out. I run two web sites and use adsense also. It gets me a few thousand baht extra money a month but if you are going to depend on it as a primary source of income, a lot of work and planning will needed to be done.

Your reply is extremely informative for a newbie and non-tech like myself. Appreciate it, wolfe69!

I agree, well spelled out. I run two web sites and use adsense also. It gets me a few thousand baht extra money a month but if you are going to depend on it as a primary source of income, a lot of work and planning will needed to be done.

In my situation won't depend on adsense as my main source but will be part of an existing (pretty successful) Hong Kong based site.

Excuse my ignorance, but how difficult / time consuming is it to set it all up?

i get about 30 dollar per month for a site with 2-3000 hits per day.

its not difficult to set up.

the only tricky part is to edit the html / php source files on your server and add the code. and thats not difficult at all

The people of Google are bandits .... many Adsense users (including myself) were incorrectly accused of 'false clicks' and a lot of money was forfeited (I lost around 150 dollars).

AdBrite is not as profitable than Adsense, but got never problems.

the only tricky part is to edit the html / php source files on your server and add the code. and thats not difficult at all

30 USD a month? Jeez - that's peanuts - forget it.

but i like pissing off my users with the ads LOL

Understood Khun Thaksin! :o

part of an existing (pretty successful) Hong Kong based site.

What's your niche?

2-3000 uniques or pageviews per day?... $30 a month? maybe your ad-placement needs adjusting, you should be earning much more then that unless your site is a very low paying niche.

part of an existing (pretty successful) Hong Kong based site.

What's your niche?

2-3000 uniques or pageviews per day?... $30 a month? maybe your ad-placement needs adjusting, you should be earning much more then that unless your site is a very low paying niche.

pageviews mostly by returning visitors with niche forum. i have experimented with different layouts and read and taken googles advice on placements.

$30 per month is acceptable i suppose , since it is 99% passive income.

you need a really big website like TV to be able to make a living from internet advertising.

Edited by mc2

That is exactly why I try to avoid websites with Adsense. if you are not really trying to make a living with your site, you might be better off not to put Adsense. It is a trade off, I guess: 30 (thirty) Dollars vs. people avoiding your site.

Sorry, thats sheer madness...

That is exactly why I try to avoid websites with Adsense. if you are not really trying to make a living with your site, you might be better off not to put Adsense. It is a trade off, I guess: 30 (thirty) Dollars vs. people avoiding your site.

A couple of ads tastefully positioned are ok. It's only when people stick huge ads in the centre of the screen obstructing the content people are trying to view that people get narced. My pet hate is forums where you have to go looking for the posts which are buried under a pile of ad blocks.