Loonies Spraying Water....

R123

I have a friend who actually enjoys this water madness. He time his visits for Song Khran. I told him that if he comes again on Song Khran, he is on his own. I absolutely refuse to put up with this madness.

I have noticed this year that the Thais are showing a little constraint by stopping around five in the afternoon. Unfortunately the drunken stupid farangs continue much later. I guess it's a good thing that I'm no longer young and fit enough to kick ass.

Not true, last night at 10.45pm i popped out on my motorbike thinking it would have all stopped for the day, im heading down the Thappraya Rd towards the fly-over and whilst im riding on the new wide section of road just been tarmaced where they have qauds for rent/sale a Thai girl runs into the road with a bucket of water!

As i've seen her last minute i steered away from her but she still kept coming towards me! I couldn't beleive what she was trying to do! she was in the middle of the road and my only concern was to not run her over, while all she could think about was throwing a bucket of water over me, UNBELEIVABLE AT 10.45PM. To top it all her mates were at the road side spraying anything that passed with a hose pipe,so the road surface was wet & slippery too, as i applied the brakes i was concerned whether i would slide to the ground, i suppose my 20 yrs of bike riding came into play there.I think i must of made her night when she threw the bucket of water straight into my chest as i rode within only a few feet from her and i avoided running her over at the same time.

Came very close to being in the Songkran statistics for both me and her, all in the name of fun or dam_n right stupidity!

Oh yeah! at the fly-over intersection i had to make a u-turn to go back to my condo and get changed, fanbloodytastic!

It's incidences like these that make me understand why 220 people have died in the last 4 days accross Thailand with over 3000 casualties reported.

Happy Songkran, to you all, hope you all make it to see next years too! :o

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

songkran is bolox.....its a time for people to get drunk and do stupid and disrespectful things and mostly get away with it......ive seen loads of shi t happen over the yrs during songkran and the death toll should tell you something......if this happened every year in your home country then it would be stopped or manned by police better instead you hardly see any police around so its a free for all.

Why do they have to try and really knock you off your bike......coz thats what theyre trying to do, and they think thats fun, fookin hel_l im all up for people having fun and splashing water but Pattaya is dangerous and stupid...both farangs and thais.. the thais think they can touch all the girls , and do.

Why do they have to walk in front of your bike/car to do there good luck ritual of slamming talc mixed with water in your eyes and on your sunglasses so you cant <deleted> ride any further and today i saw too young thai guys putting talc mix all over 2 teenage girls , in there eyes and well everywhere while these girls slowed down as they walked in front......the girls were angry and the thai guys just laughed....i nearly got out the motor to smack the <deleted> but realised every thai in the vicinity would say im in the wrong being the farang.

Anyway happy songkran to all you lot who think its just a bit of harmless fun, tell that to the families of people in hospital or dead in the name of fun......it needs regulating especially in Pattaya where all the idiots gather to do twattish things.......wheres the police? i know where ...in the station drunk as skunks, bless thailand

^ And if you had a sense of humor and half a clue about Scotland's football (soccer) skills.... oh never mind.

Being a Scotsman who makes his living out of humour, I fail to understand your logic. Mind you, maybe some dirty water got into your earholes and clouded your judgement

You don't think Scotland's national footie team World Cup aspirations are a joke then? I wisnae tryin' tae be logical, I wis tryin' tae be funny.

You're a Scottish comedian? So who do you take after, Chic Murray, Duncan Macrae, Stanley Baxter or Rikki Fulton?

I witnessed 2 big louts (Scottish) throwing buckets of water at passing motorbikes and songtaews at 8 am yesterday morning. Many of the unsuspecting motorbike riders swerved into the road almost causing a serious accident. I thought eventually these nutters will kill someone or someone will hurt them.

Surely enough, 30 or so minutes later a guy (ferang) on a motorcycle who was hit in the face with a bucket of water, and nearly crashed into a passing car, turned back to reproach the nut throwing the water. He pushed the nut in the chest then drove off. The nutt ran after him pulled him from his bike - causing the bike to crash, and started to beat the guy. Turned out the guy on the motor cycle was and elderly American guy. The nutters throwing the water were 2 Scottish retards - about 40 or so.

As far as I could see the nuts were using songkhran as an excyuse to try to kill people. All legal and in the name of fun. :o

And how did you know they were Scottish???

Did they show you there passports, were they wearing tartan skirts???

Because I pulled the idiots of the American guy - whilst they were cursing. So whats your point mate!

You did wut?! That's no' right, that's interference. Where was the ref??? Onywye, even wi ootside 'assistance' the result still stands Scotland 2 - 0 USA.

Dinnae fash wi' the Tartan Army!

sfa.jpgSo it has come to this. If you are Scottish and a football player, you are not allowed to binge drink after getting outclassed on the pitch. Well, at least not if you play for Rangers.

Last Saturday, Scotland lost at Netherlands 3-0 and were pretty much run off the pitch. Barry Ferguson was the team captain and Allan McGregor started in the goal, deputizing for the normal number 1, Craig Gordon. The team reconvened that night at their usual Scottish haunt, Cameron House on Loch Lomond. Here's a picture, it's pretty swell. It's supposed to be an out of the way place where the Scots can relax while preparing for upcoming home games. Unfortunately, a Scot's way of relaxing is consuming alcohol in copious amounts, something manager George Burley took exception to.

The story that leaked out of camp was that Ferguson and McGregor had gone too far and had been kicked off the team by Wednesday morning. By afternoon, however, Burley had relented and had only relegated the duo to the bench. A bruising blow to the ego for the two in question, but nothing with long-term implications, or so it seemed.

The Scottish FA wedged itself into the mix yesterday, saying that it did not back Burley's decision to bench the two and that it would have to perform its own investigation into the mess before it was decided what should have been done. Great job there fellas. :o

Those people who brand the Songkran dwellers as "retarded"

don't know how to party and I dare to conclude retarded themselves!

What do you want in this country?

TiT!

A bit of water, even getting drenched in these temperatures is nothing,

the clothes are dry in no time - have some fun guy's!

The "dirty water fable" is just what it is, comes up like Songkran, year, by year!

Judging by your comments, you must be relatively retarded yourself.

Many places, such as shopping malls are air conditioned, and you don't want to be walking around doing your shopping in air conditioning while soaking wet.

Believe it or not, many of us are not in Pattaya just to party all day and night.

For people who spend most of their lives in a drunken state, hanging out in a beer bar soaking wet maybe fun, but as far as I'm concerned, you can stick Songkran up where the sun doesn't shine.

I witnessed 2 big louts (Scottish) throwing buckets of water at passing motorbikes and songtaews at 8 am yesterday morning. Many of the unsuspecting motorbike riders swerved into the road almost causing a serious accident. I thought eventually these nutters will kill someone or someone will hurt them.

Surely enough, 30 or so minutes later a guy (ferang) on a motorcycle who was hit in the face with a bucket of water, and nearly crashed into a passing car, turned back to reproach the nut throwing the water. He pushed the nut in the chest then drove off. The nutt ran after him pulled him from his bike - causing the bike to crash, and started to beat the guy. Turned out the guy on the motor cycle was and elderly American guy. The nutters throwing the water were 2 Scottish retards - about 40 or so.

As far as I could see the nuts were using songkhran as an excyuse to try to kill people. All legal and in the name of fun. :o

Scotland 2 - 0 USA

Result!!!

And here we have the reason for people not enjoying Songkran. In regards to the post about the elderly American, what an idiotic comment

Read the story again. The elderly American was the idiot....turning back, then getting off his bike to assault the Scottish water thrower. That was a bad move and very stupid.

Read the story again. The elderly American was the idiot....turning back, then getting off his bike to assault the Scottish water thrower. That was a bad move and very stupid.

Being as he was an elderly man, maybe he did not expect the two young punks to pull him off his bike and assault him - as it was their fault in the first place. Never under-estimate a drunken Scottish

scumbag! :o

Being as he was an elderly man, maybe he did not expect the two young punks to pull him off his bike and assault him - as it was their fault in the first place. Never under-estimate a drunken Scottish

And the fact that there was two of us them, beggars belief that the daft old septic thought he could have a quiet word with us them.

This happens every year so either get out of Thailand or stay at home and lock the doors

Pourquoi mon vieux? Do they kick doors in and throw water around inside the house?

Sacre bleu!

Im inclined to agree, its a bit like seeing the signs for minefields in cambodia and still going in,. :o .i dont go near "the war zone " ESPECIALLY on a bike,yes there some bully boys there that will have you off if they can, but they were there last year and wil be there next year, so, KEEP AWAY,

Seeyoujimmyyourmamgotasewingmachineifsogetthatstitched !,..they are bad enough sober, bloody jocks, :D .however, for any one guy to think he can take on all these ( and ive seen it many times ) revellers is stupid, ,my advice, if you dont like water in the face KEEP AWAY,or drive a car,. :D

Im back in pattaya 16 april to celebrate our first wedding aniversary with the inlaws and i held on to fly back untill the last min. I have a house 5 mins away from pattaya centre so when i go to see friends who are staying central i will have to be traveling with my pregnant wife in the pick up as any bike travel will be too dangerous, due to morons aiming water cannons at youre face so it basically means i will be sat in traffic everywhere i go for the next bloody 4 days 2 days are more than enough for fooks sake!! :o
rent a car my friend, it will be worth it,. :D

there was something under his dress that was gruesome, when the girl looked it grew some more ! :D

Im back in pattaya 16 april to celebrate our first wedding aniversary with the inlaws and i held on to fly back untill the last min. I have a house 5 mins away from pattaya centre so when i go to see friends who are staying central i will have to be traveling with my pregnant wife in the pick up as any bike travel will be too dangerous, due to morons aiming water cannons at youre face so it basically means i will be sat in traffic everywhere i go for the next bloody 4 days 2 days are more than enough for fooks sake!! :o

Not really as, during the last 2 days of Songkran in Pattaya, the effect of renting a car is not much different to renting a space in a car park!! You may keep dry but you sure as he.ll won't be getting anywhere in a hurry! :D

Those people who brand the Songkran dwellers as "retarded"

don't know how to party and I dare to conclude retarded themselves!

What do you want in this country?

TiT!

A bit of water, even getting drenched in these temperatures is nothing,

the clothes are dry in no time - have some fun guy's!

The "dirty water fable" is just what it is, comes up like Songkran, year, by year!

Judging by your comments, you must be relatively retarded yourself.

Many places, such as shopping malls are air conditioned, and you don't want to be walking around doing your shopping in air conditioning while soaking wet.

Believe it or not, many of us are not in Pattaya just to party all day and night.

For people who spend most of their lives in a drunken state, hanging out in a beer bar soaking wet maybe fun, but as far as I'm concerned, you can stick Songkran up where the sun doesn't shine.

Samuian you retard -give people the choice of having their hands wet in Thai tradition.

But when you go at someone and you not only don't listen to them when they

say no but you you drench them-that is assault -so don't blame

anyone who punches you in the face because you deserve it :o

Because I pulled the idiots of the American guy - whilst they were cursing. So whats your point mate!

Seeing that you are such a linguistics expert, what part of Scotland did these misfits come from then?

My point is that frequently on this forum there are many unsubstantiated claims as to the nationality of offenders just to knock a certain nationalities.

somehow i find things more palatable today and tommorrow (18th and 19th) than the rest of the pattaya celebration. now it's on 100% and everyone who's out is playing, and yeah, the cambodian minefield metaphor applies. it's actually kind of a good vibe, today it's nice and hot, it's a good enough time. it's the 5-6 days before where not everyone is playing but some people insist on playing that's annoying.

Merely wishful thinking on my part...

I wish that they would enforce a limit on the time that water can be thrown with real penalties. Additional enforcement of the water cannon ban would be great too. No throwing of water at motorcycles, that is just too dangerous. If I were the guy in charge I would enforce these rules without exception with some type of penalty for all who break the rules.

Not really as, during the last 2 days of Songkran in Pattaya, the effect of renting a car is not much different to renting a space in a car park!! You may keep dry but you sure as he.ll won't be getting anywhere in a hurry! :D

Oh i dont know, i took the kids out earlier in the pick up, only took us 3 hours to go from royal garden rd 2 to walking st via sos 6/7, great fun and as i drove and im as dry as a bone !, :D

What? The elderly man assaulted one reveller (got off his bike and pushed one of them in the chest) and didn't expect any reprisal? If he's that stupid he shouldn't be allowed out in public.

Samuian you retard -give people the choice of having their hands wet in Thai tradition.

But when you go at someone and you not only don't listen to them when they

say no but you you drench them-that is assault -so don't blame

anyone who punches you in the face because you deserve it :o

Here's a great little story to illustrate double standards by revellers.

It was about 10 pm this evening when I was riding up one of the Sois towards 2nd Road, when I got drenched by a bucket of ice cold water. I stopped the bike and asked them why they insisted on using ice water late at night, at which time they doused me again. I took the Thai douser and dunked him in his own barrel of ice water. He didn't like this one bit and took a few swings at me, which I fended off and then I rode off laughing.

Was it wrong to dunk the guy? Shouldn't he have taken it in good fun just as I was expected to enjoy the bucket of ice water?

Edited by tropo

"Was it wrong to dunk the guy? Shouldn't he have taken it in good fun just as I was expected to enjoy the bucket of ice water?"

Good job tropo.

Incidentally, where I live on a main road in Pattaya the crazies been chucking water onto passing innocent motorists all night long and into the morning of the 19th and no doubt that will continue all day.

During the night when no road users to attack they have been drowning each other in their drunken state.

Not a yellow, red or blue shirts in sight; and certainly no sign of any boys in brown.

Just a load of wet shirts.

"Was it wrong to dunk the guy? Shouldn't he have taken it in good fun just as I was expected to enjoy the bucket of ice water?"

Good job tropo.

Incidentally, where I live on a main road in Pattaya the crazies been chucking water onto passing innocent motorists all night long and into the morning of the 19th and no doubt that will continue all day.

During the night when no road users to attack they have been drowning each other in their drunken state.

Not a yellow, red or blue shirts in sight; and certainly no sign of any boys in brown.

There were about half a dozen water chuckers on 3rd road between Pattaya Tai and Pattaya Klang at 3am this morning!

Good job tropo.

There were about half a dozen water chuckers on 3rd road between Pattaya Tai and Pattaya Klang at 3am this morning!

I got soaked again by them nobheads.Come on own up morons,who was it that decided to start a water fight again on soi buakow at 2-45am sunday morning after i had taken my mobile phone and wallet out of my plastic bag,thinking it was all over.Wish i could have 10 minutes with each of you,total tossers.Wasnt even mad when i got drenched again after taking 6 hours to dry out,it was them knowing that many people had thought the party was over and got their phones ruined.

I got soaked again by them nobheads.Come on own up morons,who was it that decided to start a water fight again on soi buakow at 2-45am sunday morning after i had taken my mobile phone and wallet out of my plastic bag,thinking it was all over.Wish i could have 10 minutes with each of you,total tossers.Wasnt even mad when i got drenched again after taking 6 hours to dry out,it was them knowing that many people had thought the party was over and got their phones ruined.

i got into a row in the same situation last year with some thais, but my gf at the time told me that it's considered fair play from 12am-11:59pm on the 19th. FWIW.

A little squirt gun fun is okay, but that is a far cry from endangering someone's life by tossing a full bucket of water on them when they are riding a motorcycle. People SHOULD have the right to ride a scooter or bike without being knocked off by idiots over doing it with water or whatever. There ARE ways to retaliate, but they aren't legal. I thought Songkran was over for this year? Too bad the fun of Songkran is ruined by a few thugs who want to use it as an excuse to express their frustrations in life. There is nothing wrong with getting drunk unless you know that when you DO get drunk you also get abusive. There are happy drunks and there are mean drunks. I've met both.

Im back in pattaya 16 april to celebrate our first wedding aniversary with the inlaws and i held on to fly back untill the last min. I have a house 5 mins away from pattaya centre so when i go to see friends who are staying central i will have to be traveling with my pregnant wife in the pick up as any bike travel will be too dangerous, due to morons aiming water cannons at youre face so it basically means i will be sat in traffic everywhere i go for the next bloody 4 days 2 days are more than enough for fooks sake!! :D

Oh i dont know, i took the kids out earlier in the pick up, only took us 3 hours to go from royal garden rd 2 to walking st via sos 6/7, great fun and as i drove and im as dry as a bone !, :D

I stand corrected! The traffic is fairly flying around town this year! :o