Loonies Spraying Water....

R123

Some like knitting and sitting by the fire,. some like lunacy, from choice ill take lunacy, life can be very mundane, so lighten up, they are obviously having fun,. you should try it sometime ,. :o

I'm sorry to hear that your life is very mundane unless you're involved in Songkran mayhem. I prefer somewhere in between knitting by the fire and lunacy...you should try it sometiime.:D

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After changing from my soaking clothes to go to the gym i walked down the street and was instantly soaked despite telling both Thai and farang not to.

I wish we had video. PALEEASE don't squirt me. I'm going to the gym in the middle of Songkran!! :o:D:D

Shouldn't one go to the gym in the middle of Songkran?

I do.

Edited by tropo

I do too, but I wear a swimming suit and t-shirt, so when I get wet, it does not matter so much! :o

Bet you look great whilst walking to the gym in your Speedos, make sure the water doesnt loosen the adhesive that keeps the S on though. :D

Point is if you want to do something relatively normal and dont have a car you cant, im staying in the centre of town if i took a bag it'd get soaked.

Will be going when its dark tonight though.

Edited by sanmiguel

I think the comment above about the towns upcountry typically having a major street where most of the water soaking occurs is correct. I found that in past years in both Khon Kaen and Ubon, although I also saw some of it occurring with passing motorists out on the highways...

As for farangs vs thais, this week, I was walking down my soi in BKK about lunchtime on my way to a meeting, and a few folks, Thai and farang, were out playing water at that hour. As I was walking in work clothes, two 8 or 9-year-oldish Thai girls approached me with plastic bowls of water.

Not wanting to get soaked, I held out my hands to the girls, with the notion that they'd pour the water over my hands, as in the custom with that gesture. The first girl got the message and poured the water on my hands. The second girl started to do the same, and then turned to try to pour the rest of the water over my chest as I backed away. She got me a bit, but not too much....

There also were some farangs drinking at a bar on the soi with the plastic water guns. As I walked past them, I gestured, NO NO... and they obliged, not shooting at me. But that was noontime. Had it been later in the day, and more beers or whiskeys down the pipe, I'm sure I wouldn't have stood a chance.

As for my Thai GF, who's been returning from work in the late afternoons this week, she made it clear to me she doesn't want to get soaked with water at all. She's no party pooper, for sure, but apparently, she's not too excited about getting soaked with cold water while wearing her regular clothes when we're going in or out from home. I can't blame her.

There should be an accepted/understood way for folks who want to stay dry to do so...without having to stay indoors for 3-5 days, or resort to taking sedan taxis in and out of their sois.

I have lived in Pattaya for many years. At first I quite enjoyed Songkran, but now I get the hel_l out of the city on the 19th or earlier if I can.

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a custom that said you should only squirt a person who is able to reply (i.e. only squirt someone armed with water). Pigs will fly before that happens!

I believe that everyone should see Songkran in Pattaya once.

I have done mine and will never go anywhere near Pattaya at Songkran again. Don't get me wrong, I had a good time initially but the novelty soon wore off.

In the last 2 years I have been equally wet but celebrated with mainly genuine Thais, and Falangs, around towns and villages.

Pattaya is a war zone at Sngkran BUT everyone knows what to expect, so I have little sympathy for any whingers.

It's one thing knowing what to expect and another to live here and know that you have to tolerate a week of abuse from the water chickers every time you poke your nose outside your front door. Give them an area to play in, or limit it to a couple of days, all out water war for a week is pathetic.

Those people who brand the Songkran dwellers as "retarded"

don't know how to party and I dare to conclude retarded themselves!

What do you want in this country?

TiT!

A bit of water, even getting drenched in these temperatures is nothing,

the clothes are dry in no time - have some fun guy's!

The "dirty water fable" is just what it is, comes up like Songkran, year, by year!

I do too, but I wear a swimming suit and t-shirt, so when I get wet, it does not matter so much! :D

Bet you look great whilst walking to the gym in your Speedos, make sure the water doesnt loosen the adhesive that keeps the S on though. :D

Point is if you want to do something relatively normal and dont have a car you cant, im staying in the centre of town if i took a bag it'd get soaked.

Will be going when its dark tonight though.

I wear swimming trunks at knee length and carry a waterproof bag with a plastic bag inside, containing anything I want to keep dry.

You can do anything that you can do on any other day. You just have to prepare a little more. :o

It's one thing knowing what to expect and another to live here and know that you have to tolerate a week of abuse from the water chickers every time you poke your nose outside your front door. Give them an area to play in, or limit it to a couple of days, all out water war for a week is pathetic.

Actually they do have an area: Between Soi Buakao (incl.) and beach road, that's roughly the war zone. Over here on the darkside it's quiet as always :o

It's certainly not for the vain type that put their make up on with a trowel ;-)

The poor Thai lady with the white face often seen on Soi 7 and 8 got a right drenching today .

do you mean the michael jackson look-a-like

///

sad story why she is like that,but not for this board.

btw

her mother is supposed to be very rich.anybody wants to marry her???

TiT!

The "dirty water fable" is just what it is, comes up like Songkran, year, by year!

the water can be very dirty and not good to swallow or for the ears or skin.

TiT!

I witnessed 2 big louts (Scottish) throwing buckets of water at passing motorbikes and songtaews at 8 am yesterday morning. Many of the unsuspecting motorbike riders swerved into the road almost causing a serious accident. I thought eventually these nutters will kill someone or someone will hurt them.

Surely enough, 30 or so minutes later a guy (ferang) on a motorcycle who was hit in the face with a bucket of water, and nearly crashed into a passing car, turned back to reproach the nut throwing the water. He pushed the nut in the chest then drove off. The nutt ran after him pulled him from his bike - causing the bike to crash, and started to beat the guy. Turned out the guy on the motor cycle was and elderly American guy. The nutters throwing the water were 2 Scottish retards - about 40 or so.

As far as I could see the nuts were using songkhran as an excyuse to try to kill people. All legal and in the name of fun. :o

Edited by deprogrammed

TiT!

Well that's not correct. I've personally seen both farangs and Thais around Walking Street and Jomtien urinating into the tanks of their water pistols, and then shooting the result at passers-by.

Two nights back, a Thai lady got a soaking off a tiny little Thai kid near Soi VC. He was sucking up the water into his pipe gun from a filthy puddle in the street.

Not everyone is so antisocial, I will admit, but how do you tell the good from the bad (the <deleted> are all ugly)? Best to assume that everyone is using dirty water, IMHO.

I witnessed 2 big louts (Scottish) throwing buckets of water at passing motorbikes and songtaews at 8 am yesterday morning. Many of the unsuspecting motorbike riders swerved into the road almost causing a serious accident. I thought eventually these nutters will kill someone or someone will hurt them.

Surely enough, 30 or so minutes later a guy (ferang) on a motorcycle who was hit in the face with a bucket of water, and nearly crashed into a passing car, turned back to reproach the nut throwing the water. He pushed the nut in the chest then drove off. The nutt ran after him pulled him from his bike - causing the bike to crash, and started to beat the guy. Turned out the guy on the motor cycle was and elderly American guy. The nutters throwing the water were 2 Scottish retards - about 40 or so.

As far as I could see the nuts were using songkhran as an excyuse to try to kill people. All legal and in the name of fun. :o

Scotland 2 - 0 USA

Result!!!

Im back in pattaya 16 april to celebrate our first wedding aniversary with the inlaws and i held on to fly back untill the last min. I have a house 5 mins away from pattaya centre so when i go to see friends who are staying central i will have to be traveling with my pregnant wife in the pick up as any bike travel will be too dangerous, due to morons aiming water cannons at youre face so it basically means i will be sat in traffic everywhere i go for the next bloody 4 days 2 days are more than enough for fooks sake!! :o

Im back in pattaya 16 april to celebrate our first wedding aniversary with the inlaws and i held on to fly back untill the last min. I have a house 5 mins away from pattaya centre so when i go to see friends who are staying central i will have to be traveling with my pregnant wife in the pick up as any bike travel will be too dangerous, due to morons aiming water cannons at youre face so it basically means i will be sat in traffic everywhere i go for the next bloody 4 days 2 days are more than enough for fooks sake!! :o

Songkran or not your misses shouldn't be on a motorbike anyway if shes pregnant! Congratulations anyway on your first anniversary, hope there's many more to come!

Scotland 2 - 0 USA

Result!!!

And here we have the reason for people not enjoying Songkran. In regards to the post about the elderly American, what an idiotic comment

Just returned from a delightful day of 'throwing water' with the misses and her family and a load of local kids and not i might add at and passing motorcyclist's! During the whole day the ONLY 2 people I saw with the right flaming hump was 2 farangs! One was a shop owner who sat outside his shop with his beer scorning at the kids and genuinely being a complete and utter miserable <deleted>, it was embarrassing. The other farang had of those moustaches that curl up at the end, some kind of sergeant major wannabe. He was shouting and pointing his finger at the kids 'don't you dare! don't you dare! the Thais were really taken back by his aggressive attitude so soaked him to the skin, the young Thai girl holding his hand thought it was hilarious and how i laughed and laughed, if your reading this go home you miserable old tosser, the locals hate you miserable whinning farangs with a vengeance, trust me they do.

:o:D :D :D :D :wai::P :jerk: :burp:

And how did you know they were Scottish???

Did they show you there passports, were they wearing tartan skirts???

I have a friend who actually enjoys this water madness. He time his visits for Song Khran. I told him that if he comes again on Song Khran, he is on his own. I absolutely refuse to put up with this madness.

I have noticed this year that the Thais are showing a little constraint by stopping around five in the afternoon. Unfortunately the drunken stupid farangs continue much later. I guess it's a good thing that I'm no longer young and fit enough to kick ass.

i thought i was in the "safe" part of town; had some documents and my mobile phone with me (silly me)...ran into a group, pleaded not to get totally drench. thais respectfully did a small sprinkle...STUPID farangs ignored my pleas (either drunk, retarded, or both) and totally drenched me. that's the difference between thais celebrating their new year and STUPID white trash farangs going on a drunken spree. songkan was a lot more fun before these MORONS discovered it.

TiT!

Well that's not correct. I've personally seen both farangs and Thais around Walking Street and Jomtien urinating into the tanks of their water pistols, and then shooting the result at passers-by.

Two nights back, a Thai lady got a soaking off a tiny little Thai kid near Soi VC. He was sucking up the water into his pipe gun from a filthy puddle in the street.

Not everyone is so antisocial, I will admit, but how do you tell the good from the bad (the <deleted> are all ugly)? Best to assume that everyone is using dirty water, IMHO.

Well, I take that - but in 19 years staying here and celebrating this festival - I NEVER EVER seen anything similar!

Only fresh water being used and scented body talkum powder or Jasmin water...

Hope those sick individuals who do this sick stuff are marinated up to their necks in elephants urine for the rest of their lives!

^ And if you had a sense of humor and half a clue about Scotland's football (soccer) skills.... oh never mind.

Being a Scotsman who makes his living out of humour, I fail to understand your logic. Mind you, maybe some dirty water got into your earholes and clouded your judgement

TiT!

Well, I take that - but in 19 years staying here and celebrating this festival - I NEVER EVER seen anything similar!

Only fresh water being used and scented body talkum powder or Jasmin water...

Hope those sick individuals who do this sick stuff are marinated up to their necks in elephants urine for the rest of their lives!

Last year i got shot in the face and the water was that disgusting i was sick.Your theory goes right out of the window because i have seen first hand,some thais pumping water out of a stagnant pond.This was 2 years ago when there was a water shortage in Pattaya.Also have you seen how they cut up the ice,i saw thais doing it with a very rusty saw.Iget a horrible rash on both arms for at least a month,sore throat and painful ears.The water is not clean in many cases.

And how did you know they were Scottish???

Did they show you there passports, were they wearing tartan skirts???

Because I pulled the idiots of the American guy - whilst they were cursing. So whats your point mate!