Different Storys During Thai Crisis

dee123

There seems to be different stories coming from each side of the equation.Are Thai citizens being denied the full story being that their Newspapers self censor and the Thai TV Channels are all state controlled or run by the millitary?Can you trust the news you are getting if you have not got access to international TV.

There seems to be different stories coming from each side of the equation.Are Thai citizens being denied the full story being that their Newspapers self censor and the Thai TV Channels are all state controlled or run by the millitary?Can you trust the news you are getting if you have not got access to international TV.

When you think about it, there are always new opportunities for business. After the english teachers, we should hire Russian and Chinese, they could teach Thais a lot on how to read the "official" press :o . Then, why go so far, just ask Burmese ...

I believe they have to self censor in LoS in a state of emergency, I recall reading something about how the media must not inflame the situation or something along those lines. You need to be a little careful of the international media as well, many rely on local feeds through syndicated news reports etc.

Last it was the yellow shirts now the red shirts.I guess if we mix them it will be the orange shirts next.The wife was telling me that the red shirts are being picked up by bus in the villages and are getting paid to protest.For just a body to stand around to make the crowd larger they get 200thb.To really particapate carry signs scream and yell 200-500thb.If you are a leader of a large group about 2000thb.Supossadly the money is from Toxin.Not much different then the yellow shirts before.

Can you trust any news agency (Thai or not) to report 100% truth anymore?

The only time the media report 100% truth is when money is not involved.. and that is NEVER.

Excellent point sir knight !

:o HERE WE GO!!! Iraqi minister for information v Krishnan Guru Murphy same/same brigade!!

Edited by dee123

the thai government just blocked another 5000 websites so i think that is a strong sign that yes, the western media is corrupt and the people should get the facts directly from the army radio stations and nowhere else.

source?

I believe they have to self censor in LoS in a state of emergency, I recall reading something about how the media must not inflame the situation or something along those lines. You need to be a little careful of the international media as well, many rely on local feeds through syndicated news reports etc.

While thats somewhat true, both CNN and the BBC have their own people on the ground and are reporting what they see.

Having said that, what they see doesn't make for accurate news either. There were lots of reports of the Army shooting into the crowds on the Beeb earlier, then after a chat with some General or other, it turned out that some soldiers were given real rounds and ordered to fire over the crowds heads and others were given blanks and told to fire at the crowd to force them to retreat and break up. Sure enough, even the clips of many soldiers firing their M16s at the crowds there is no blood and no bodies as the crowds disperse.

While thats somewhat true, both CNN and the BBC have their own people on the ground and are reporting what they see.

Having said that, what they see doesn't make for accurate news either. There were lots of reports of the Army shooting into the crowds on the Beeb earlier, then after a chat with some General or other, it turned out that some soldiers were given real rounds and ordered to fire over the crowds heads and others were given blanks and told to fire at the crowd to force them to retreat and break up. Sure enough, even the clips of many soldiers firing their M16s at the crowds there is no blood and no bodies as the crowds disperse.

M16's firing in prone i.e lying down, as we have seen in pictures posted on TV are not firing blanks, there would be no point with a range of 2 meters.

Today was a very well planned assault to maim, cause panic, anger and very very very EVIL.

M16's firing in prone i.e lying down, as we have seen in pictures posted on TV are not firing blanks, there would be no point with a range of 2 meters.

Today was a very well planned assault to maim, cause panic, anger and very very very EVIL.

Okay so where are all the dead bodies, where are all the wounded, where is all the blood on the ground?

Twenty years ago they could, and did, get away with such things but these days a large proportion of the populace has mobile phone/camera combos so it is increasingly unlikely such events could be covered up. Note that I say unlikely, I wasn't there so cannot say for 100% sure but, let's face facts, there were enough people in the crowd for somebody to have snapped a few valuable images whether for financial or propaganda purposes.

hi

as there are numerous threads running, we are trying to consolidate discussions and news update to make them comprehensive.

for this reason Im going to have to close a few threads, including this one. sorry about this.

please do not start new threads but do either of the following:

1. if you find news articles with sources from media, photos, and the likes...please post them in 'existing' thread in the news clipping section

2. if you have an opinion, strong feelings, debating points, solutions you would like to propose, please post them in an 'existing' thread in the General sub-forum

3. if you want to report traffic and incident you or family and friends have witnessed (updates of facts....but no political opinions please), then you can do so in the News only thread on General Forum, and also in the existing thread in the Bangkok sub forum

thanks everyone for your patience and cooperation.

:o