One Shot Dead By Red-shirted Protesters

george

I'd wait for the dust to settle to begin count-up of who shot who/who fired first ect.......Thai media are controlling the news feeds and headlines at moment while international media are more cautious and need verification and witness's

With all the mobile phones around it would be impossible for the govt. to prevent images of any dead bodies, especially if there are hundreds, appearing on the internet.

If this mass of dead protesters existed we would have seen photos by now.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Innocent people getting killed, It has gone too far.

Action needs to be taken sooner rather than later, the yellow shirts bought Thailand and the tourist trade to it's knees by closing the airport, now this fanatic mob running amock.

This series of events is being broadcast around the world, Australian TV is full of it, and any glimmer of hope that Thailand would recover as a popular tourist destination after the airport fiasco is all but dead in the short term. In fact it may take years to recover.

It is quite clear Thaksin doesn't give a dam_n about Thailand or it's people, Hopefully the authorities will get their act together and clean up this problem pronto. Sure it will be unpleasant, but it needs to be sorted now.

I have no sympathy for reds if they have been killed. They got PLENTY of warnings! Gosh, how many do they need?

Play with fire, you get burnt, right?!

Meanwhile, 95 have been killed in Traffic accidents..... who's gonna take the rap for that?

Oh, some idiot will suggest Abhisit step down for that, too.

I'd wait for the dust to settle to begin count-up of who shot who/who fired first ect.......Thai media are controlling the news feeds and headlines at moment while international media are more cautious and need verification and witness's

With all the mobile phones around it would be impossible for the govt. to prevent images of any dead bodies, especially if there are hundreds, appearing on the internet.

My feelings exactly, it would be impossible for the Government to block so many independent (foreign) news outlets.

I agree too! But as you may have noticed in my other threads there are allready unsavoury reports and images now appearing.

I agree too! But as you may have noticed in my other threads there are allready unsavoury reports and images now appearing.

It is a common tactic in violent protest to spread rumours of death of fellow protestors to incite fervour.

I just told him on MSN.
Well done.

There is only one solution to this problem. There needs to be a real honest elections (santioned by international observers and most importantly by the Thai Court system). Holding an election and then having the court throw is out serves no person except to inflame the people who cast their votes only to see them nullified if the court doesn't like the results.

Until then we will continue to see radicals on all sides make their mindless accusations like this one.

If everyone is allowed to vote and every vote is counted then Thais must accept the results. Marginalizing any one's vote will on;ly continue to inflame the voters whoses votes have been ursurped.

Hoping peace and civility will come to Thiland.

Reds are Reds everywhere - France, Russia, Thailand... Something about that colour.

The thing is, they are ALWAYS for the Poorest People's Power, and ALWAYS grab the national wealth for themselves.

To all their farang supporters and their children, I wish dearly that they could live their own lives in their own countries, and not in Thailand, under Red Power.

Thailand, unlike all farang places, has been wise enough to preserve Royal Power, Power of Dhamma, with all its drawbacks, and has not degraded into corrupt "democracy", a nice euphemism for the outright Power of Money that has sadly killed Dhamma, known in the west, as "conscience", in all of the farang world, no exceptions.

Let's hope Thailand will remain the last island of Dhamma in the world, and let's hope that the King and his Privy council remember the price of softness on the Reds that Czar Nicolas of Russia and all the country entrusted to him paid once.

Friday morning my wife and I passed a road block manned by appx. 20-30 red shirts aged around 20 at the town hall in Udon Thani. My wife, who is a school teacher, told me to stop the car because she wanted to talk with them. And so she did. After five minutes she came back clearly disgusted and sad. Her talk with these "highly political motivated" young men disclosed following:

* They all had a very poor educational background.

* Appx. 80% of them were without a good, regular, steady job. (Jobs with a future - jobs in which you can develop and advance).

* They had very, very little knowledge about and understanding of the principles of democracy, and Thaksin's policies versus the present government's.

* They had even less idea about what they really wanted to achieve with their road block.

* They informed they were there because they were each paid 500 baht and they expected it to be a lot of fun (This part they all understood and agreed to).

Please, no more claims that these people are not being paid. Please, no more claims that these people are political motivated. They are simply misguided poorly educated people being taken advantage of. It is sad. As someone else are mentioning - this all comes down to poor education (and a poorly informed population). The ones guilty for the present mess are everybody calling themselves politicians, no matter whatever political fraction they are from. They are the ones who have neglected proper education of the poorer part of the population for decades and still are. This is what happens when the access to information rise (thanks to technology), but peoples skills in understanding and evaluating the content isn't developed accordingly.

Until the attitude towards providing everybody with a proper basic education changes, the present situation will keep on repeating itself over and over.

Edited by AjarnJan

link?

From the mouth of the convicted ex PM criminal - 500 Bht to protest - unfortunately it's in Thai - but at 40 seconds he makes the error in telling the world - the reaction when its pointed out he has blown it is priceless - Oh <deleted>!

Watched it just now, together with the missus: we nearly fell of our seats laughing. Wot-a-tw@t!

One shot dead by red-shirted protesters

BANGKOK: -- Red-shirted protesters shot a person dead and injured two others when residents of the Nang Lerng Market came out to criticise the protesters, PM's Office Satit Wongnontaey said.

Satit told Channel 11 that the protesters shot at three people and one was killed while the two others were injured.

-- The Nation 2009-04-13

Interesting to note that Red's are claiming many shot and killed by army, but currently the only Verified death is between the red's and local residents. Very sad.

Freddie

EXACTLY....

yesterday i found it DISGUSTING that The Nation initially reported this news as something like "First death of the confict done by the Reds" .... they later changed the headlines...

the thai news are filtering and suppressing whats really going on.

One shot dead by red-shirted protesters

BANGKOK: -- Red-shirted protesters shot a person dead and injured two others when residents of the Nang Lerng Market came out to criticise the protesters, PM's Office Satit Wongnontaey said.

Satit told Channel 11 that the protesters shot at three people and one was killed while the two others were injured.

-- The Nation 2009-04-13

Interesting to note that Red's are claiming many shot and killed by army, but currently the only Verified death is between the red's and local residents. Very sad.

Freddie

EXACTLY....

yesterday i found it DISGUSTING that The Nation initially reported this news as something like "First death of the confict done by the Reds" .... they later changed the headlines...

the thai news are filtering and suppressing whats really going on.

Ofcourse you would be disgusted with the truth.

First death was by Red vs a civilian.

Could be disgusting, but true. The only victims in the riots are the 2 bkk citizens shot by reds.

What else going on? Thugs are slowly living Bkk. Yabaa no more supplied.

i saw photos of a red shot in the upper chest, heart area, before these headlines came out

Friday morning my wife and I passed a road block manned by appx. 20-30 red shirts aged around 20 at the town hall in Udon Thani. My wife, who is a school teacher, told me to stop the car because she wanted to talk with them. And so she did. After five minutes she came back clearly disgusted and sad. Her talk with these "highly political motivated" young men disclosed following:

....they expected it to be a lot of fun (This part they all understood and agreed to).

They should compare notes with Foreign Minister Kasit who expressed very similar views when he gave active support to PAD criminals who seized the international airport.

Have a nice, peaceful Songkhran, but don't go choosing the wrong coloured shirt to go outdoors in future. :o

Maybe it is because I have never really looked or maybe just coincidence, but I went to Central today and it was packed and I saw only one person wearing a solid red shirt. No "truth today" writing on it though. Still, red does seem the color to avoid these days.

Could be disgusting, but true. The only victims in the riots are the 2 bkk citizens shot by reds.

i saw photos of a red shot in the upper chest, heart area, before these headlines came out

And the Reds have been shooting people since last year, so?

In this battle in the streets since Sunday, the Red:

- Did the first killing

- Killed the most number of people, and this even when the military is brandishing hundreds of assault rifles!

Hello,

just wanted to say that i'm very sorry for the things happening in Thailand. I always thought that your country is very peaceful, I would never imagine it's so much rioting if the government sux :/

I don't know the "programme" of red's and yellow's, but I have yellow t-shirt from Thailand at home, so I'm inclined towards yellow :o Is it good, or I should stain it red with ketchup?

cheers from Poland and God bless Thailand :D

lol I guess I was too harsh in my message before so I'll try again in "carebear" language.

I'm sorry sir, but I have a hard time accepting your statement, would you be so kind as to provide a link to this pic as I have searched heartily and with all my effort to find one such as you described to no avail. Perhaps you could also remember that when you say something as "interesting" and with no support from any other source or agency as you did it is always a good idea to provide the pic in question so you don't look like you might perhaps be "mistaken".

Freddie

If you read Thai message boards (Thai language only) you'll read some quite substantial claims, but as yet no proof has been given.

On this site the consensus seems to be that they understand the Red's feelings of anger but they are going about fixing the problem all wrong and are taking down the whole country with them. It seems they have lost support. Also a great many say they are puppets of Thaksin.

Any other thai Lang boards you can suggest?

Nevermind the decree the PM said when he told the police and army to "kill em all without worry of repercussion"

Taksin did something for the poor farmer class. ALL politicials are dirty...it's known they ALL take bribes and Thailand is a heavily corrupt country. The red shirt people know this so until someone better comes along...the alternatives to Thaksin are what...the other colors funded by the powerful and influential?

There is a class and skin color war going on in Thailand similar to the US but this is jsut starting. They're fighting for equal opportunity. Have you witnessed the prejudice upon the Northern people while in BKK? I jsut got back 5 days ago and it's still there as strong as my other 5 visits the past year....all horrible, degrading and very unkind.

Thaksin is a criminal but then again, please, please mention a single person who is not guilty of the same things? From the people I know (red shirts and neutral people), they just want a voice and Thakisin is all they've got. Who would have given healthcare to the farmer class if it hadn't been for him? Bribery for votes? WHo cares! Isn't that what politicials are supposed to do? "Vote for me and I will do this for your people". So he gave them several big legislative presents in exchange for his win. Has any other politicial given the time of day to the north? TO the poor? Wait...I recall a yellow shirt spokesman (you know, when they hijacked the airport and there was no such "shoot em on sight decree"...they said Isaan and the like shouldn't be allowed to vote, go to school or own businesses? It's just a racial war but the problem is...there's no such thing as 100% Thai so I guess it's an ignorance war.

Sit on the other side of the discrimination in Bangkok...it's real, it's cruel and it's brutal. The red shirts are sick of it...jsut another civil struggle for equality and representation. Interesting people only point at Thaksin here when they ALL (note, no exceptions...all) are corrupt from the top down to the crossing guard.

This one really should have died a death by now. Where is your proof that *all* red shirts *are* actively receiving 600 baht per day? How many have you met and talked to at length? I'm sure that *some* have received money in the past, and maybe some of them still do now, but this is not unique to the red shirts. And, more importantly, I think a sizeable number of them would turn out (if financially able to) to support Taksin and the Red Shirt cause. They are fed up with having the military and "elite" keeping them down, and who can blame them?

Thai TV channel interviewed one of the high profile red shirt leaders early this evening, he said in plain language that Taxsin has been poviding 70 to 80% of their funds. Also mentioned was that taxsins sisters give large donations to the cause.

Apparently the reds got violent when the PM told police and military they could shoot them without worry of recourse. The reds then said "oh, if you're condoning violence, we'll show you violence" while noting the yellow shirts had their say all over the country and had it paralyzed without a shot fired. It's the unequality they're infuriated at.

I'm not judging (like many here). Im jsut doing my best to tell you where the red shirts are coming from. Remember, this is a different culture and there are many things we may never know what irks both sides. I have yet to hear any truly unbiased reporting. Sure I'm biased towards the reds (not the violence) because my country went through a civil war just like Thailand is slowly warming up for some sort of civil equalizer.

The prejudice is outwardly blatant, cruel, accepted in mainstream media and real. There's a class and equal opportunity struggle that it's easy to sit in an armchair and condemn one party but they're all wrong and they're all right.

Someone needs to have a long talk with someone who's on both sides before jumping to conclusions from the safety of our computer desks. Armchair generals but no resolutions anywhere. It has to be done the Thai way by the Thais for the Thais. No one understood what was going on in my country when it all started...everyone thought we were insane, as well (which is why no one jumped in to help...they weren't certain what was and would be happening and didn't want to be on the wrong side.

Try to open your sensitivities to the extreme prejudice and discrimination in Thailand....you'll be shocked how overt and acceptable it is. Thaksin is their only voice until someone else comes along. Tell them he's a criminal and they smile and say "aren't they all?" and of the criminals, which one will help the poor, which will help the rich?

Nevermind the decree the PM said when he told the police and army to "kill em all without worry of repercussion"

What on earth are you talking about?! Oh wait... you got this from the red shirt tv channel right? lol some people....

Apparently the reds got violent when the PM told police and military they could shoot them without worry of recourse. The reds then said "oh, if you're condoning violence, we'll show you violence"

Ahh I see what you are talking about now, so apparently this is how it happened, Im so happy you told us this, it explains everything and justifies all the crap the reds did..... Im being SARCASTIC in case you might misunderstand as so many people do. Do you know what the word propaganda means? Go look it up on wiki and it might clear a few things up for you. And I thought it was only ignorant uneducated people that were easily swayed with statements like this that came out of someones ass... but here we got falangs supporting straight up lies like it was gospel.

This one really should have died a death by now. Where is your proof that *all* red shirts *are* actively receiving 600 baht per day? How many have you met and talked to at length? I'm sure that *some* have received money in the past, and maybe some of them still do now, but this is not unique to the red shirts. And, more importantly, I think a sizeable number of them would turn out (if financially able to) to support Taksin and the Red Shirt cause. They are fed up with having the military and "elite" keeping them down, and who can blame them?

Thai TV channel interviewed one of the high profile red shirt leaders early this evening, he said in plain language that Taxsin has been poviding 70 to 80% of their funds. Also mentioned was that taxsins sisters give large donations to the cause.

Did they report "someone" in the Thai government borrowed a substantial sum of money from Thaksin (not sure if it was under Thailand's name or the party name) and they decided they didn't have to repay it?

There's lots and lots more than meets the eye here. If someone stole a hundred million or whatever it was, you can bet I'd fund some civil unrest to get it back.

To every quick explanation, the underlying motivators are deep...each side hits the other and each side becomes more hurt and infuriated. keep the darn darkies out of BKK, don't let them vote, they're nothing but hookers and all the Thai problems are because of these ignorant dogs....on the other side....the whities own these businesses and the people complaining are the same who got rich from this black eye in Thai society. No one would do it if they had enough money...no one! Then there are those who believe their shade of skin has something to do with intelligence...that gives them the right to speak to farming class, family, friends and relatives...not allowing for any chance of employment, no funding, no chance for school in a light skinned area....tired of getting asked to stand up on trains and busses, leave restaurants, NO business opportunity and when those have tried, someone gets killed only because they're not white enough...the corruption of the power hungry is backed by the ultimate say and they enjoy stomping out any chance the farmers have at making a living because that's money out of the elite's pockets.

One example? an entire cow sells for 6,000 Baht in the north but in Bangkok, you sell the meat tenfold and no one can bring the cows to BKK because the police and governments have their hands in the "system"...the most recent killing Pratunam was because someone tried to compete with these government run elite mafia business arrangements...they tried to sell some meat but the police and the business owners set them up and finshed them off. Same with rice. Buy on the penny, sell on the dollar but you can't try to sell it yourself or you'll be shot or arrested.

It's deep seeded hatred and the have's versus the have nots and the have nots cannot go out on their own without recourse from the haves. No one (including me) can pretend to understand how complicated yet how very basic it is.

It's a class struggle and that's the bottom line. The elite have too much power and they're not the majority so the elite want to take votes from the majority

Both the spin and propaganda branches were clearly, put on full alert in Thaksinland

as this all spun out of control for the Boss.

I never quite understand WHY they seem to target TV so hard....

We aren't reporters for the most part and can't vote...

HEARTS AND MINDS, HEARTS AND MINDS.

Trick their mind and their hearts will follow.

Edited by animatic