Arrest Warrants Issued For 14 Red Shirt Leaders And Thaksin

Democracy is to respect the majority.

Thank you. And soon you will understand that the majority doesn't support the Red or Thaksin.

Democracy is to live together peacefully when you have different political views.

Thank you. And soon we can see the Red in UDD accept gay parades in Chiang Mai again?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again.

@HagenvonTronje

I was member of DKP in the western part of germany (i have never been to the eastern part). And you can not, under any circumstances, have experienced a "communist dictatorship" - if you really knew about Communism you would know that, as of yet, in no place on this planet Communism has become real. There are many countries that have one form or another of political system which they LABEL "Communism" but it is not. neither Cuba, nor China, nor Viet Nam, nor was the U.S.S.R. The word "Communism" has been mis-used just as has "Democracy". Look, how many countries call themselves "Democratic Republic..." if in fact they are quasi-dictatorships? One rather near to us would be North Korea..... Just like so many (all?) dictators call themselves "president". Believe me, if Communism would be real, you and me would not need to shout at each other on a web forum.

And no, you are wrong assuming that i would live in a dream world. Just because i support Communism does not mean that i go out with a red star tattooed to my forehead and scream "kill the capitalists". I simply make each system work for me, however in doing so i try to push, as gentle as one person can, for change towards the better - for ALL of us. Which is why i am a subtle supporter of the yellow fraction in this country - not because they are closer to my ideal than the others but simply because the others are doing it for all the wrong reasons.

Look (this also @Koo), if both fractions were to fight "for democracy" then why are they going against another? Shouldn't they join ranks and fight against whatever is undemocratic? And clearly this is not the case. One side is blindly following a leader for the simple reason that he has done good for them in the past (and if it was only the 200 Baht they got for their vote, as sadly many people are that short sighted) while the other fraction has experienced the opposite - they had a disadvantage under said leader. Unfortunately, as most people must be aware, the leader himself (Khun Thaksin) cares for one thing, and one thing only - money. To get it he needs power, so he, like a clever businessman, runs the country like an investment scheme - the investment is the money spent to win the election and the return is the power gained which allows him to change laws in order to fill his pockets through dodgy business dealings.

@TAWP

This is another, very valid, point to which i need to say something. As i am not only a "commie" but gay, too, i have another reason to condemn the reds. What part if a legal and approved gay parade is their business so they need to threaten force to stop it..?? "It's bad for the image of Chiang Mai". Yeah, sure. What IS bad for the image of Chiang Mai is the news about a peaceful and non-political parade being prevented by a bunch of red-shirted thugs, these news are on gay related web sites (and a few mainstream news sites) worldwide. And i know of people who were planning to visit Thailand for holiday this year - and now changed their mind because of that stupid act by the reds. Yes, they are gay people, however tourist dollars don't come in rainbow colours, they are the same regardless if the spender is gay or straight.

Best regards.....

Thanh

PS @animatic

Thank you for your kind words. Indeed i once had my posting rights taken for three days because i broke a rule, i remember it was regarding a discussion about subtitles for a movie which i offered to share only to be accused of "software piracy". However it turned out to be a misunderstanding which after a friendly conversation via PM with a moderator was quickly solved.

Mods I have several unintentional double posts, please delete all but 1st, if you have time...

No clue why it did that, software glitch I suspect.

Thanh that seems a non-ban, since it was lifted.

I got a one week ban and didn't even know why

and wasn't even around for 3/4 of it.. so rather moot.

One side is blindly following a leader for the simple reason that he has done good for them in the past (and if it was only the 200 Baht they got for their vote, as sadly many people are that short sighted)

200 baht? That is many year ago

One side is blindly following a leader for the simple reason that he has done good for them in the past (and if it was only the 200 Baht they got for their vote, as sadly many people are that short sighted)

200 baht? That is many year ago

So, one other good side smartly following (who I don't know) for the complicated reason that he has not done good for them in the past?

Why is it strange that someone is doing something for the man they love?

Only Khun Thaksin bought votes?

Leading anti-government protester surrenders

BANGKOK, April 30 (TNA) - An anti-government leading protester on Thursday surrendered to the police after warrant for his arrest was issued while a lawyer plans to request a court to revoke arrest warrant for fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra on charges of being behind the civil disorder earlier this month.

Accompanied by a lawyer, Shinawat Haboonpard surrendered to Bangkok police after the Criminal Court issued an arrest warrant for him on charges of violating Thailand’s state of emergency decree, issued on April 12 and revoked last Friday, regarding the illegal assembly of more than 10 people, instigating unrest in the country, persuading people to violate the law, and causing disorder at the Interior Ministry.

Shinawat said the reason he did not surrender to police earlier because he was concerned of his safety while the state of emergency was also in effect.

His lawyer planned to seek Shinawat’s release on bail by posting a member of parliament position as guarantor.

The lawyer also planned to submit evidence to the court to revoke its arrest warrant for convicted former prime minister Thaksin on charges of supporting his supporters of United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship in holding the rally against the government.

Thaksin himself is now living in at an undisclosed location in self-imposed exile as a fugitive, having fled the country rather than face judicial scrutiny and sentencing.

The Criminal Court in Bangkok on April 14 issued an arrest warrant for him, charging him with illegal assembly by more than 10 people, threatening acts of violence, disrupting traffic, and inciting people to break law and cause unrest.

http://news.mcot.net/'>280908_news04.jpg

SERIOUSLY INJURED: Shinawat Haboonpad is in hospital following the shotgun attack.

Key UDD Leader shot, nephew arrested

A key leader of the pro-government UDD, Shinawat Haboonpad, was shot and seriously wounded while hosting a taxi radio show on Friday. Police ruled out the possibility of political conflicts after arresting a gunman, identified as Saichon Sitan, who is Shinawat's nephew.

Deputy Metropolitan Police Chief Suchart Muankaew immediately held a press conference after they detained the suspect, for fear that the event would be linked to politics and cause tensions to escalate.

Shinawat, also a host on a community radio station for taxi drivers, was allegedly shot by Mr Saichon as he was in his studio on Vibhavadi Rangsit 3 road on Friday. He is being treated at Paolo Memorial hospital.

The UDD Leader was blasted with a shotgun, according to police.

Police have charged Mr Saichon with illegal possession of a weapon and attempted murder.

Mr Saichon was a UDD Guard during its rallies against the PAD.

Shinawat, 59, is known as a staunch supporter of deposed prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra. His radio programme, called In Search of Justice, on FM 92.75 encourages taxi drivers to support Thaksin.

Thanh,

I'm nowhere any close to hi-so. I'm not a hi-so. I live like a normal person.

When we don't have the money Khun Thaksin has, we immediately think he gets it from being corruption. Could you refresh me which law he changed to fill his pocket? Did any others get benefit from that or only him?

Do you ever look how rich some army people are after each coup? I don't see any news about it. Is Thailand better under army's rule? In the past normally Chief Army's next step is to be Prime Minister. Anupong is holding that position. And they don't spend a Baht for election campaigns! They only need to have good connection to be in that position. They don't know how to make money. They only spend in the budget coming from our tax.

So which one do you want?

Look how a local politician go look for votes. A pickup carrying big poster. A speaker with a tape. A driver.

On other days, he stands on top with some staff. He wai people on the street when the pickup passes. He speaks to people via microphone. A group on bicycle follows. All of these need money.

On other days, he walks to each house. His staff gives out small card with his photo and his election number, not phone number, so people know which # to vote for. He wai all the time. They walk whole day until dark.

Some people don't want to spend a Baht to look for votes. They only bring tanks and guns in. And they make us think they cannot be criticized and checked. In fact they are under Prime Minister.

I suppose Khun T gave them 200 Baht to vote for him.

Whom do they choose?

One who gives them 200 Baht and better lives.

One who does not give them any Baht, does not do anything good to their lives and at the same time look down upon them that they are rural, stupid, short sighted, uneducated and low level.

Thanh,

I'm nowhere any close to hi-so. I'm not a hi-so. I live like a normal person.

yep, just your typical average-income Thai, Thanh...

Rain? Heat? Majority of reds are farmers and sellers who are familiar with these. For foods and drinks, one person can survive with 60 baht a day and sleep on the floor.

We know the sufficiency economy since we were born

your stated income would seem to indicate that you've moved up from the floor...

100,000 Baht income a month

Hi.

100k a month being average? For whom? Well, certainly not for me.... i make less than a third of that and am still way above the Thai average. Hi-so, as i said. How many cars do you have, Koo? Japanese ones? It's not my business, i know. Let me tell you i have one pickup which i will be paying for in monthly installments for the next five years, and i am also proud owner of three old motorbikes. Still i lead a happy life in a studio that cost 7,000 Baht per month including water, electricity and ADSL connection, my only luxury is a UBC dish. Koo, if you like to support the poor, how about living on 5,000 Baht yourself and donate the rest to farmers in Isan? I guess within three months they'd make YOU the next prime minister. 5,000 Baht is a LOT of money for farmers, believe me, there are farmers in my boyfriend's family. And i tell you what, if you hose not to believe me it's up to you - i'd rather be a farmer than what i am now. I don't need a lot of money, i have other priorities.

Only Thaksin bought enough votes to win an election - and made his followers claim "that was democratic". Like yourself, Koo, you still say it was oh-so democratic... despite it being election fraud, plain and simple.

And soldiers beat people who attack soldiers. Or when they are commanded to beat people - that's what they are soldiers for. In war, soldiers even shoot at people - because it is their job as soldiers. If one of your red followers were to attack me he could taste my foot, too - regardless of my political orientation. And you red ones usually resort to violence to get your point across - or what was with the burning buses? Do you have an explanation for that, Koo? And don't avoid that question, please. Why the reds did so much physical damage? Why didn't they just occupy the government house, but instead smashed up cars and set buses on fire?

Answer me that, please. And no bullshit like "that were yellows who pretended to be reds".

And are the people who did that now in jail? Nope, not a single one. Double standards? Yes... the reds get better treatment all over by letting them rampage. Anywhere in the West they would ALL be rotting in jail now, no bail and no parole. While the yellows, who didn't destroy anything, would likely have gotten fines for causing public disturbances, if at all (remember - peacefully occupying streets or buildings is legitimate protest, setting buses on fire is NOT).

@nitecm

Wasn't all too long ago... last election. Observed by my very own eyes and countless others, so many in fact that it was sufficient to get PPP disbanded for election fraud. TRT did it before PPP, only TRT's first election win was genuine. Thaksin's "honest mistake" was sufficient to change the minds of many people.... they should have axed him right then and there and Thailand would have been saved a lot of headache.

Best regards, and good night....

Thanh

Edited by Thanh-BKK

280908_news04.jpg415.jpg

Shinawat Haboonpad and Pheu Thai Party MP Surachet Chaikosol

Another Red-shirt Leader Reports to Police

Another key red-shirt leader reported to Bangkok police today to answer to charges of instigating chaos during the recent anti-government protests.

Shinawat Harboonpad, a senior leader of the Democratic Alliance against Dictatorship, or DAAD, reported to Police Major-General Amnuay Nimmanoe, Deputy Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police Bureau, after being issued an arrest warrant for allegedly inciting red-shirt protesters to break the law.

Shinawat said he did not report to police earlier because he was concerned he would face an extended detention similar to other red-shirt leaders.

He was released on bail guaranteed by Pheu Thai Party MP Surachet Chaikosol of Ayutthaya.

Meanwhile, DAAD lawyer Udom Prongfah said he would file a complaint with the Criminal Court seeking the revocation of an arrest warrant issued for former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Udom claimed he had evidence to prove that Thaksin had no involvement with the DAAD’s leaders.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2009-04-30

Hello again.

@HagenvonTronje

I was member of DKP in the western part of germany (i have never been to the eastern part). And you can not, under any circumstances, have experienced a "communist dictatorship" - if you really knew about Communism you would know that, as of yet, in no place on this planet Communism has become real. There are many countries that have one form or another of political system which they LABEL "Communism" but it is not. neither Cuba, nor China, nor Viet Nam, nor was the U.S.S.R. The word "Communism" has been mis-used just as has "Democracy". Look, how many countries call themselves "Democratic Republic..." if in fact they are quasi-dictatorships? One rather near to us would be North Korea..... Just like so many (all?) dictators call themselves "president". Believe me, if Communism would be real, you and me would not need to shout at each other on a web forum.

And no, you are wrong assuming that i would live in a dream world. Just because i support Communism does not mean that i go out with a red star tattooed to my forehead and scream "kill the capitalists". I simply make each system work for me, however in doing so i try to push, as gentle as one person can, for change towards the better - for ALL of us. Which is why i am a subtle supporter of the yellow fraction in this country - not because they are closer to my ideal than the others but simply because the others are doing it for all the wrong reasons.

if the reds got wrongly blamed as communists, by the PM Abhisit, the thai media oulets or by Chamlong Srimuang, there is no point in jumping on koo and tell here 'did you read marx or <deleted>'. did you get that part of my comment? that you are barking in the wrong direction?

and no, i don't assume that your are going to "kill capitalists" and btw. DKP is one of the commie outfits that got supported by east germany. that means on shady channels they got hundresds of million Deutsch Mark. east germany was an ugly dictatorship, full of very narrow minded people on all the levels of the state adminstration. anyway i called commies just funny. and being a little bit lefty isn't that bad.

if you wanna talk with people who see the most evil force of the planet, next to thaksin, in communism, you must talk with A., he copypasta a very long list to explain koo what communism is, just after she said she isn't a commie and don't even know what communisn really is.

so you try to gave her a lesson how beautyful and lovely communism is "or <deleted>" and A. focussed on the ugly side and comes up with such horror like pol pot. after that 'sucessful' koo bashing both of you padded each others back.

anyway, my points is that here in thailand, the meaning of communism is different from the west. communist are seen ugly bastards. evil force. communist are against the king, are against the religion,buddhism and so they are against the nation. that left commies with no rights to be alive. just liberals, leftist or intellectuals, if the right wing front want them silenced, they got called commies and <deleted>.

i took a short excourse on thai history, why you don't want to talk about that. that point got ignored.

naive and brainwashed koo may be, but a lot off red haters are it on the same level.

btw. do you have a one one these blue uniform shirts of the east german youth movement FDJ. and did you wear it in bangkok? if yes, than maybe we have once met each other, 4 and a half years ago. there can't be much people around, who would sport such a shirt.

Hello again.

@HagenvonTronje

if the reds got wrongly blamed as communists, by the PM Abhisit, the thai media oulets or by Chamlong Srimuang, there is no point in jumping on koo and tell here 'did you read marx or <deleted>'. did you get that part of my comment? that you are barking in the wrong direction?

and no, i don't assume that your are going to "kill capitalists" and btw. DKP is one of the commie outfits that got supported by east germany. that means on shady channels they got hundresds of million Deutsch Mark. east germany was an ugly dictatorship, full of very narrow minded people on all the levels of the state adminstration. anyway i called commies just funny. and being a little bit lefty isn't that bad.

if you wanna talk with people who see the most evil force of the planet, next to thaksin, in communism, you must talk with A., he copypasta a very long list to explain koo what communism is, just after she said she isn't a commie and don't even know what communisn really is.

so you try to gave her a lesson how beautyful and lovely communism is "or <deleted>" and A. focussed on the ugly side and comes up with such horror like pol pot. after that 'sucessful' koo bashing both of you padded each others back.

anyway, my points is that here in thailand, the meaning of communism is different from the west. communist are seen ugly bastards. evil force. communist are against the king, are against the religion,buddhism and so they are against the nation. that left commies with no rights to be alive. just liberals, leftist or intellectuals, if the right wing front want them silenced, they got called commies and <deleted>.

i took a short excourse on thai history, why you don't want to talk about that. that point got ignored.

naive and brainwashed koo may be, but a lot off red haters are it on the same level.

btw. do you have a one one these blue uniform shirts of the east german youth movement FDJ. and did you wear it in bangkok? if yes, than maybe we have once met each other, 4 and a half years ago. there can't be much people around, who would sport such a shirt.

HvT, are you Egon Krenz?

Democracy is to live together peacefully when you have different political views.

Thank you. And soon we can see the Red in UDD accept gay parades in Chiang Mai again?

the gay parade in chiang mai, mhm. a controversial issue, but wasn't even other gays opposed to such parade? and the chang mai love 51 group, seems to be also controversial in between the red. a minor faction of the reds.

when it comes to that parade, people suddendly become aware of gay rights, but maybe using them just for a cheap argument. red shirt leader or the PPP government quite often got called gay in a derogatory way, to mock them and make fun of them. also on this board some pics got posted and some rumours repeated. rumours about an affair with thaksins son, entries with not other content to call a red shirt leader a "faggot."

maybe, some of them are gay or maybe not, that shouldn't be part of the discussion here, but still some bar stool heros make such comments, i never saw that this raised an eyebrow, get condemn, instead red-bsher keep on going with homophobic slurs

HvT, are you Egon Krenz?

ohh, no. that east commie shit makes me wanna puke. but believe it or not, i met in bangkok once a west german who shows up iat thammasat rangsit with a FDJ blue shirt, no kidding! i and others found that very odd and all i remember is that person was also telling lot's of very odd stories. i should have taken a picture and mail it to margot honecker or egon. is he still alive?

Actually I wasn't bashing Koo,

she said she knew nothing about Communism.

I gave her some food for thought.

By giving her an explanation of what was easily searchable on the net.

And giving her those sources to read.

As she noted she thanked me for that too.

I don't dislike Koo, I just am quite worried about her.

~CERTAINLY The Khmer Rouge hel_l sitting right next door to Thailand,

is VERY relevant to Thailand's development vis a vis anti-communism and Thai nation building.

And ongoing into today's issues.

I also included a list of quotes about communism from several sides.

It was not JUST communism gone wrong, but an over view.

As Thanh states there never was a real communist state,

so pointing out how it went wrong from the philosophical basis to the reality

is not illogical.

I lived in a socialist country for 10 years, France,

that had active Marxist and Trotskyist parties,

as well as a large Socialist party in power for part of that time.

So this is not american, conservative blind bashing of the far left causes.

Good morning :)

@HagenvonTronje

Nope, i have never been to eastern Germany, my interest in politics actually started way after the wall came down (i was like 14-15 then) and i never owned a FDJ or similarly political T-Shirt. All the clothes i wear are bought in Thailand, i don't have one single piece left from Germany :D However in case you visit Jatuchak market some time you are likely able to get them right there - FDJ and Hitlerjugend and whatnot.

I wasn't bashing Koo for that "commie" thing either, if i am bashing at all then only for the fact that she is so blindly in love with Thaksin without even accepting little pieces of reality into her mind set. She keeps supporting the actions of the reds right down to murder, stating "but the yellows were so much worse"...... someone who voices that kind of opinion THAT publicly deserves a good bashing in my humble opinion.

Now that DKP received WESTERN currency from EASTERN Germany i think is a very poor attempt at seeding a rumour. Despite not having been there i know very well the the GDR (and again - German DEMOCRATIC Republic while it was anything but democratic!) did not have currency - visitors to that country were forced to exchange a certain amount of currency per day, use it or npt, so that country would be able to pay for urgently needed imported goods such as steel from the West. The only reason for their mainstream car model "Trabant" having a plastic body was because they didn't have enough steel to build it any other way! So me thinks there was no way they would be able to support a Communist party in the (rich!) West. And also i don't think that party would have accepted donations or support from the (poor!) East - in fact (as i was in fact a member) i know that we, the DKP, used donated funds to support projects in poor countries, for example a hospital in Havana, Cuba (for which i had an invitation to join the construction crew, however i was employed at the time and hence could not do so).

Regarding the Thai history, why don't i talk about it? Because i don't know much about it. And before i start engaging in a topic on which i have no knowledge i state that fact. And regarding Pol Pot, read what i wrote - whatever their system at the time was, it certainly was NOT Communism. So bashing Communism because of the evils done it it's name is just like bashing Islam for 9/11 - a mis-use of th word, something evil done in it's name. Bear in mind: In Communism THERE IS NO LEADER. Hence Communism has never been realized, it remains an idea. One that i support.

Best regards.....

Thanh

the gay parade in chiang mai, mhm. a controversial issue, but wasn't even other gays opposed to such parade? and the chang mai love 51 group, seems to be also controversial in between the red. a minor faction of the reds.

when it comes to that parade, people suddendly become aware of gay rights, but maybe using them just for a cheap argument. red shirt leader or the PPP government quite often got called gay in a derogatory way, to mock them and make fun of them. also on this board some pics got posted and some rumours repeated. rumours about an affair with thaksins son, entries with not other content to call a red shirt leader a "faggot."

maybe, some of them are gay or maybe not, that shouldn't be part of the discussion here, but still some bar stool heros make such comments, i never saw that this raised an eyebrow, get condemn, instead red-bsher keep on going with homophobic slurs

It is irrelevent if it is controversial or not. Either you believe in the right to demonstrate peacefully and within the law or you dont. As LCM51 are part of the red movement that claims they have the right to peacefully dmonstrate then they must accpet the rights of others to do likewise or stand accused of hypocricy.

LCM51 are the main red group of Chiang Mai and have a checquerd history having been connected to violence, murder, attacking demonstrating Chiang Mai corn farmers, and bizarrely attacking other Chiang Mai red groups etc. Im sure as you are so eeficient at hunting down links to support your arguements that you will be able to find the relevent stories I mentioned

Good morning :)

@HagenvonTronje

Nope, i have never been to eastern Germany, my interest in politics actually started way after the wall came down (i was like 14-15 then) and i never owned a FDJ or similarly political T-Shirt. All the clothes i wear are bought in Thailand, i don't have one single piece left from Germany :D However in case you visit Jatuchak market some time you are likely able to get them right there - FDJ and Hitlerjugend and whatnot.

I wasn't bashing Koo for that "commie" thing either, if i am bashing at all then only for the fact that she is so blindly in love with Thaksin without even accepting little pieces of reality into her mind set. She keeps supporting the actions of the reds right down to murder, stating "but the yellows were so much worse"...... someone who voices that kind of opinion THAT publicly deserves a good bashing in my humble opinion.

Now that DKP received WESTERN currency from EASTERN Germany i think is a very poor attempt at seeding a rumour. ...

Regarding the Thai history, why don't i talk about it? Because i don't know much about it. And before i start engaging in a topic on which i have no knowledge i state that fact. And regarding Pol Pot, read what i wrote - whatever their system at the time was, it certainly was NOT Communism. ...

Thanh

i will send you a PM, later.

for thai history, i mentioned few names. google them. i can not link to webpages, because they maybe include a footnote to some certain books, which maybe is banned in thailand. there are lso edit wars on wikipedia. start with the name Thanom Kittikachorn or "thammasat october". use english language websites.

not all commie oufits in the west, but a couple, have been so called moscov vassals. DKP was one of them. here also easy google "DKP" "DDR" "Unsere Zeit" for example. and you will see, even now they are talking about the counter-revolution. from all commie outfits you picked up the lamest, sorry but that is true. the eastberlin block heads still had enough money to pay them. your simplified black and white, rich and poor, west and east pic fits the reality only half the way.

i had finished school when the wall came down and could go to university in a free world. i moved my self from a dissident left wing to a no wing opinion. the max. amount on freedom i see in capitalism and there have never been the real capitalism, all the time corrupted by state power..

there is one stall at jatuchak that sells red star fashion and fantasy uniforms, he maybe have a hrd time now for a while. but i guess his customers a mainly western backpackers

It is irrelevent if it is controversial or not. Either you believe in the right to demonstrate peacefully and within the law or you dont. As LCM51 are part of the red movement that claims they have the right to peacefully dmonstrate then they must accpet the rights of others to do likewise or stand accused of hypocricy.

LCM51 are the main red group of Chiang Mai and have a checquerd history having been connected to violence, murder, attacking demonstrating Chiang Mai corn farmers, and bizarrely attacking other Chiang Mai red groups etc. Im sure as you are so eeficient at hunting down links to support your arguments that you will be able to find the relevent stories I mentioned

ohh sorry, i forget the link, there are threads on TVboard. there was long topic on the 2. parade and Sjohn opened a topic on reds battle reds.

as average joe with no clue i have to image google what a gay parade is http://images.google.com/images?q=gay%20parade

mhm, now you can call me a little bit conservative.

there was a lot bitching about the reds for that, but after i looked at it and saw that even other gays are opposed that 2nd parade, mhm.

was that a gay right rally or an entertainment business promotion for a ladyboy show?

i am not your red clown, that are not my socks, but if i see an other homo bashing comment here on TVboard, i forward it to you, so that you can protest, okay.

Thaksin defends himself in email

Noppadon Pattama [PPP Banned # 14], former legal aide of ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra [TRT Banned # 1], circulated an email of his boss to reporters, saying that Thaksin is not behind the movement of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD).

The statement is aimed at preventing Thaksin himself, his family and his supporters who demanded real democracy to be victim of truth distortion for political benefits of any group, it said.

In the statement, Thaksin denied he was the leader of the red-shirt protesters but said he only gave them encouragement to fight for democracy.

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009-05-01

Noppadon Pattama [PPP Banned # 14], former legal aide of ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra [TRT Banned # 1], circulated an email of his boss to reporters, saying that Thaksin is not behind the movement of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD).

The statement is aimed at preventing Thaksin himself, his family and his supporters who demanded real democracy to be victim of truth distortion for political benefits of any group, it said.

In the statement, Thaksin denied he was the leader of the red-shirt protesters but said he only gave them encouragement to fight for democracy.

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009-05-01

So, he did learn something in West Africa, home of the email scam. How long will it take before we start receiving emails such as: "Good Sir, I am the legal PM of Thailand. Unfortunately, most of my money has been tied up by the wicked democratically elected government. I am able, however, to get my hands on some of these funds, but I require your help to do so. Please send me the details of your bank account and I will have the money transferred into it, on it's way to my account in the Cayman Islands. In return, I will solve all the traffic problems in your home town, get rid of any "problems" you have, and send you 10,000 chickens, which have never had the bird flu, and I'll sue anyone who says they did. I am aware that this is not technically legal, but don't worry, once you agree, I'll change the laws to make it so."

Noppadon Pattama former legal aide of ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra ,circulated an email of his boss to reporters, saying that Thaksin is not behind the movement of the United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD).

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/14...imself-in-email

unfortunately we don't have the original mail, Post reporters not in that circular list or no reporters at the Post?, but okay thaksin said, listen don't see in me the red leader. that means

a) he is a commie, because commies have no leader (lock up Thanhs commie definition)

B) he is a commie, because he is a coward, a leftist commie with no balls

c) he is a commie, because he have done nothing, he does nothing, but makes demands, demands, demands. why don't get a job, commie, and <deleted>.

d) BLAH

Thaksin is a corrupt capitalist using the unreconstructed commies,

among other groups he can hoodwink, as foot soldiers,

for his greed driven attempts to take over Thailand for

his own personal fiefdom.

They see 'Red' and 'potential anarchy' and join up in one

last vainglorious hope for their dreams to be realized.

The old red commies are just hoping he can't do it and suddenly THEY can take over.

Both sides are living in decaying fantasy worlds.

Edited by animatic

You would have thought that Mr Thaksin, being 'Mr technology' would have realised that by sending the e mail that the Thai authorities could track him by the IP address. We know which Country he is in now Interpol, so go and get him.

Cheers, Rick.

In a simple email certainly true.

But I would gues he has on retainer at least on savy tech

who can use cut out bounce relays and ghost emails,

that if done right could take a counter hacker days to sort through.

But repeated use of that chain could eventually be traced back

and the final changing IP addresses tracked.

Thats certainly true but it will take some efforts and time to track.

The received email in question could have been sent from any location

It is indeed possible to hide an IP address at least for a while and to a certain level of anonymity,

but it is also possible to track the original source with "little help from some friends"...

Edited by webfact

Agree, Animatic, but I just wish the guy would return to Thailand and face the music. He has said on numerous occasions that he is innocent, so prove it and stop using the issarn people to fight the battles. Having met some of them during the problem time. I am convinced that they did not even know the cause for which they were fighting. He cannot carry on using other Countries as the World stage for his arguments.

Cheers, Rick.