More Rallies 'as Soon As Decree Ends'

george

Here's another one, if the likes of Chrislarsson bother to read:

Thaksin regime's business networks

Excerpts:

Since Thaksin took office as prime minister in 2001, his government issued several economic policies, which directly benefited listed firms with close connections to the prime minister and Cabinet members. The policies also benefited and protected businesses of the politicians and their affiliations. Such policies included tax privileges, deduction of concession fees, blocking new business rivals to enter market, and delaying policies which could affect businesses of the Thaksin network.

Businesses, which are taking part in the operation to eat up the country in all possible means, include businesses belonging to Shinawatra family and relatives, Mahakijsiri family, Jungrungreangkit family, Maleenon family, Chearavanon family, and Asavabhokin family. All of the families are on the top list of richest families in Thailand.

This one took me another 2 minutes and 20 seconds to find I think. :)

Excellent :-) Now let's see how long time it will take you to update Thaksin's page on Wikipidia.

The section on Corruption is embarrassingly short at the moment, and half of it is about how corruption decreased during Thaksin's years.

"The Business of Politcs in Thailand" is well worth a read if interested in Thaksin, corruption, business and a lot of other stuff. The explanantion of how the technical 8-7 court verdict came in on the assets concealment case is something most dont know about. Fascinating stuff.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the eyes of many - and this includes students - Thaksin is the number one cause of Thailands troubles right now, and not the institutions you care to blame. (I really don't need to tell you this do I?)

If the red cause would (sincerely) drop their allegiance with Thaksin the rest of the country would probably be much more sympathetic to your cause. However we both know this is highly unlikely.

BTW, I highly doubt it would take much effort to counter your claims having the support of students.

I remember years go they said if Khun Thaksin was not PM anymore, all problems would be solved, and problems in the South would be solved.

Now what? More problems than before?

Institutions what? I said that Prem is head of the elite and army group who wants to run Thailand. I see on tv all the years that every big police and big army pleases Prem. Otherwise they cannot be big. No big police and no big army is from poor families. They must be from that group only, the group of about 200 famous family names in Thailand.

And Koo, please try to be realistic. Millions of people will NOT tolerate Thaksin's return, so if you keep fighting for his return we will continue to be embroiled in this mess. Cut Thaksin out of the equation and people will talk. Is one man worth all this?

I bet right now Koo is either covering both ears with hands or wearing earmuffs. There's no way he's gonna listen. But what you said is so right krab khun Soa Jiang Mai. (I'm Noom Tai. :) )

But millions of people are waiting for Khun Thaksin to be Prime Minister again.

Khun Sao Jiang Mai and Khun Noom Tai are very entertaining. :D

Yes, a protest movement of hundreds of thousands of people is worth more than one man - Thaksin. Everything is about one man. Why are you so loyal to him? At such expense?

We fight for democracy. We don't fight for only Khun Thaksin. We love him but without him we will still fight.

Where was Khun Thaksin in this video clip?

I said that Prem is head of the elite and army group who wants to run Thailand. I see on tv all the years that every big police and big army pleases Prem. Otherwise they cannot be big. No big police and no big army is from poor families. They must be from that group only, the group of about 200 famous family names in Thailand.

Prem wants to run Thailand? Are you nuts? The man is nearly ninety, and he has been Prime Minister for seven years in his "youth".

How about Surayud? He is a son of a communist insurgent killed by the army. Was a Supreme Commander and the Prime Minister and now is a member of Privy Concil.

Kind of flies in the face of your theory.

And the alternative - promoting Thaksin's own cousin to the top military post?

Give me a break.

Photo shown in Parliament meeting on 22nd April 2009. Army truck (or police?) with color painted to cover the source of this truck. People still can read from the wordings being covered. They used violence to clear the reds but they hid the identification.

I don't remember the Reds wearing name tags either. If you are going to come into the city, hijack gasoline trucks and threaten to blow up residential neighborhoods, you should expect the authorities to try to stop you. What is it about this that you don't understand?

Surprisingly no one arrests the men who hijacked gasoline trucks. No one has seen them hijacking gasoline trucks? Just arrest them and let me know who they are. Please.

During the red meetings, we say a million times that if police catch someone causing problems, catch them. They are not the real reds.

We need police to check weapons each time we meet, for the safety of all the reds who come with bare hands. In each meeting, we face 3rd hand. In each meeting, our 4th foot dealt with the 3rd hand finally.

You will say it is easy to deny what we do. We don't have to deny. Our meetings were held so many times without any violence.

The one with repeated records of using knifes, golf sticks, wooden sticks, bringing ping pong bombs, rubber sticks to shoot with glass balls, covering faces and having guns are not the reds.

I said that Prem is head of the elite and army group who wants to run Thailand. I see on tv all the years that every big police and big army pleases Prem. Otherwise they cannot be big. No big police and no big army is from poor families. They must be from that group only, the group of about 200 famous family names in Thailand.

Prem wants to run Thailand? Are you nuts? The man is nearly ninety, and he has been Prime Minister for seven years in his "youth".

How about Surayud? He is a son of a communist insurgent killed by the army. Was a Supreme Commander and the Prime Minister and now is a member of Privy Concil.

Give me a break.

Surayud is our aim too.

I'm surprised that at 90, someone is still working hard. The reds said Prem was PM twice with no election. He was appointed.

Surayud is our aim too.

For what? For being a traitor to his father's communist cause and reaching to the top of the "elite" society?

How about Chavalit? He is from Bangkok but his origins are also rather humble.

And yes, Prem was appointed - so what? You think he wants to prove himself and run in the elections again?

He already had enough of running the country, he resigned himself and set a stage for elections, that was twenty years ago. The man is retired now.

He already had enough of running the country, he resigned himself and set a stage for elections, that was twenty years ago. The man is retired now.

I hope he will feel enough.

I was in the first group waiting for the speaker trucks to turn into Baan Si Sao area. 8th April 2009.

P1040158.jpg

So all reds are peacful and all those using violence are fake reds. COME ON! And who is this third hand that you and your boss keep talking about? Sounds like the perfect scapegoat to me.

Not all reds. Some of them only want violence. Khun Weera is very capable trying to keep them peaceful for so long. Violence broke since the reds were attacked by the blues in Pattaya.

In the eyes of many - and this includes students - Thaksin is the number one cause of Thailands troubles right now, and not the institutions you care to blame. (I really don't need to tell you this do I?)

If the red cause would (sincerely) drop their allegiance with Thaksin the rest of the country would probably be much more sympathetic to your cause. However we both know this is highly unlikely.

BTW, I highly doubt it would take much effort to counter your claims having the support of students.

I remember years go they said if Khun Thaksin was not PM anymore, all problems would be solved, and problems in the South would be solved.

Now what? More problems than before?

Institutions what? I said that Prem is head of the elite and army group who wants to run Thailand. I see on tv all the years that every big police and big army pleases Prem. Otherwise they cannot be big. No big police and no big army is from poor families. They must be from that group only, the group of about 200 famous family names in Thailand.

The problems in the south are no better or worse than they were under Thaksin's rule.

The political problems in Thailand, as far as I'm concerned, are almost entirely manufactured by him and his cronies.

Who brought those buses in and burnt? The reds were caught and charged within a few days for throwing eggs, stones and slippers at Democrat Party people and this time they could get away with burning 30 buses :)

Enough to know fake reds or true reds?

What about 3 guys who burnt Bangkok Bank? Nothing has been done to them? I admit I didn't know if they are charged or not yet.

** regarding Koo82's logical reason as to why some of the violent people must be fake red**

:)

This is what constitutes as logic on Red TV?

(Edit: Added qualifier)

Edited by TAWP

So all reds are peacful and all those using violence are fake reds. COME ON! And who is this third hand that you and your boss keep talking about? Sounds like the perfect scapegoat to me.

Not all reds. Some of them only want violence. Khun Weera is very capable trying to keep them peaceful for so long. Violence broke since the reds were attacked by the blues in Pattaya.

I haven't seen pictures of Blues attacking Reds.

I saw one of them stopping the Reds from marching further.

It was broad daylight too.

So you are saying not letting the reds do as they please, is an attack?

The reds and their predicessors have spent several years violently attacking

those that went against TRT and PPP policies and dared speak publically about it.

No amount of 'April 13th we weren't violent' disingenuiness,

will white wash this long standing violent history.

And Permanet_Disorder / Hangnail von toastie

I will not waste time and search and dredge up

yet AGAIN this long standing stuff to please

your whining.

It's easy to find, but no point it's long standing fact.

Give me a break.

Surayud is our aim too.

I'm surprised that at 90, someone is still working hard. The reds said Prem was PM twice with no election. He was appointed.

reds said.... reds said... .....you don't know him but can do anything your masters say, my god :)

learn the history and analyze on your own.

How come it is so difficult to provide any facts about Thaksin's crimes? Every time I ask the question I get replies in opinions.

For instance, what was the crime committed in the sales of the Shin Corporation? I get replies that it was a crime because ppl say it was a massive crime. Some say it was a crime because the law regarding foreign ownership was changed. But it was a change that was long overdue, and supported by the democrats. Some say that it is a crime because he benefitted from the sales. But how can you sell stocks without making a? Some say it was a crime because of the tax evasion. But how come nobody can tell what the tax code says?

Another question. How was the 9 judges in the consitional court appointed and when? All I want to know is if Thailand has an independent court? People here say that crimes has been committed because court rulings say so. But what the court say means nothing if it has been politizised.

Not very, if you bothered to look it up on the internet. If I have to guess, the reason that people haven't really bothered to go into the details of these cases with you was probably a) they expected anyone who had access to the internet to educate themselves by looking them up on the net, :) the details of each case aren't exactly short. Besides, you think crooks who carried out these crimes would have made them so simple that everything could be explained in one paragraph? Anyway, here's the details of one of his crimes (in Thai.) I'll look them up in English later...if I bother.

Thaksin's Tax Avoidance

Can somebody summarize it English?

It doesn't look like a site with high credibility though. I can find sites blaming Israel for 9/11, but that does not make it a fact.

The reds are definitely cult like. They even have pics of Thaksin now with God written on.

Their followers or at least the most dedicated ones have a faith based belief in every claim they make even without evidence. There is no doubt and everything is seen in black and white and then we get to the everyone is against us conspiracy. It is more like the embattled Jonestown cult than a politcal movement.

I know of someone else that there are a lot of pictures of as well, and that you are not even allowed to discuss...

I don't see that the supporters of yellows here are seeing things in more shades than black and white either.

The reds are definitely cult like. They even have pics of Thaksin now with God written on.

Their followers or at least the most dedicated ones have a faith based belief in every claim they make even without evidence. There is no doubt and everything is seen in black and white and then we get to the everyone is against us conspiracy. It is more like the embattled Jonestown cult than a politcal movement.

I know of someone else that there are a lot of pictures of as well, and that you are not even allowed to discuss...

I don't see that the supporters of yellows here are seeing things in more shades than black and white either.

Is it not possible your biases prevent you form seeing nuances in those who disagree with you?

I really see very few total yellow or total red backers here.

But I do see many who hitch their horse of assorted prejudices and dreams to

one or the other colored in cause,

and yet not agree with all elements of a 'color's' global grouping.

Even within each color group there are more moderate

and much more extreme advocates and actuaries.

LOS is anything but NOT black and white.

It just can appear that way if you ONLY listen to the extremes...

who of course yell this louder than all others.

Moderates talk moderately and are hated equally by both extremes.

To their credit.

Edited by animatic

For clarification. The yellows became like that around airport time too. Their recent statements though seem to show they see things a bit less black and white than they did when on the street for a long time.

Maybe that is the limitation of long term street movements that they inevitably become this way and thereby no longer serve the purpose they started out with. The extremists end up running the whole show and the frustrated more and more unquestioningly believe everything. Maybe/hopefully if the reds can move away from the streets they will toostart to reagin an ability to see things less in black and white.

Im not talking about the troglodyte reds or yellows here but the the ones with intelligence (that doesnt equate to educational quals by the way!)

Wonder what the real reson was for the cancellation of the Udon rally. The statement by Khwanchai of all people that it would be infiltrated sounds hard to believe. Udon is the heart of team red in the Isaan and Khwanchai and the boys have quite a scary reputation and arent the kind to publically admit they are too scared to hold a rally.

Anyway be interesting to find out what really happened. Rumours are starting already.

We come to the crux of the matter for many reddites. Their dislike for any monarchist system. The fact that a country's parliamentary system doesn't match the one you had at home, or it offends the values that were drummed into you as you were brought up, are not grounds for agitating for a change. The biggest mistake many of these reddites make is equating the red shirts with anti monarchy. Those same poor you claim to be fighting for would most definitely not be supporting your ultimate goal.

Same meeting on 22nd April. No Khun Thaksin? Why do people still say we fight for Khun T?

DSC_0484.jpgDSC_0475.jpgDSC_0494.jpg

Because you are fighting for Thaksin.

Quite a change in your stance there Koo, has the master decided to try a change in tact? Won't we be seeing anymore "Thaksin is a dog", sorry, "Thaksin is god" signs any more? And how about the "we love Thaksin" headbands? Off to the scrapheap? You got one thing correct though, he is a Khunt.

I do agree with the second picture though, lets' see some justice for the dead. Lock up the red leaders and riot inciters.

Edited by ballpoint

Same meeting on 22nd April. No Khun Thaksin? Why do people still say we fight for Khun T?

DSC_0484.jpgDSC_0475.jpgDSC_0494.jpg

Because you are fighting for Thaksin.

Quite a change in your stance there Koo, has the master decided to try a change in tact? Won't we be seeing anymore "Thaksin is a dog", sorry, "Thaksin is god" signs any more? And how about the "we love Thaksin" headbands? Off to the scrapheap? You got one thing correct though, he is a Khunt.

I do agree with the second picture though, lets' see some justice for the dead. Lock up the red leaders and riot inciters.

Nothing more that street posters for International Western-Aimed Propaganda Consumption.

Staying on Thaksin's last party line demand.

Can't let the world know how BADLY the master screwed up on international TV.

Is it not possible your biases prevent you form seeing nuances in those who disagree with you?

I really see very few total yellow or total red backers here.

But I do see many who hitch their horse of assorted prejudices and dreams to

one or the other colored in cause,

and yet not agree with all elements of a 'color's' global grouping.

Even within each color group there are more moderate

and much more extreme advocates and actuaries.

LOS is anything but NOT black and white.

It just can appear that way if you ONLY listen to the extremes...

who of course yell this louder than all others.

Moderates talk moderately and are hated equally by both extremes.

To their credit.

I can not say that I disagree with any of this.