Mos Burger Opening

thaiflyer1

I prefer Fuddruckers also out of Texas.

Fuddruckers is good. I like their lemonade. It's not as good as Fatburger, nor would Fuddruckers ever open a store in Asia.

Fuddruckers are in Saudi and Abu Dhabi - Asia.

There's no chance of them expanding to anywhere outside of the Mideast in Asia. The franchise license was given to a Saudi company and is restricted to the Mideast.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have any feedback on the Mos Burger's price in the new Pattaya restaurant, or will I have to sweat it out and go and visit myself...?

We were there this afternoon. I didn't take particular note of the prices but, as far as I can remember:-

Hotdog approx. 60b - good size and very tasty.

Fishburger approx 60b - not so good, the fish was grey coloured, but the sauce was nice.

Burger meal (the one in the photo in post 1, with fries and a coke) approx 150b - tasty but quite small. Fries were good.

Total Check was under 300b.

Overall (IMO) slightly better than McD but not as good as BK.

I imagine it will be crazy for a few days. Standing on queue for a fast food burger ain't my idea of a good time.

No queues at 12.00 this afternoon. Only 3 tables occupied, including ours.

Right you are. It was also rather empty at 6 PM today! I am in no rush though. Really, how good can a fast food burger that looks funny really be? I do love the new mall though. If I lived closer to it, I think I would forget cooking.

Is it just me, but the sight of 10 year old obese kids make me want to get up and slap their parents..... these establisments are becoming a plague in thailand... bad enough looking at all the overweight sweaty expats wobbling around...

parents please note = feed your kids Mcdonalds etc. and they will become fat, blubbering adults

Is it just me, but the sight of 10 year old obese kids make me want to get up and slap their parents..... these establisments are becoming a plague in thailand... bad enough looking at all the overweight sweaty expats wobbling around...

parents please note = feed your kids Mcdonalds etc. and they will become fat, blubbering adults

Few Thais eat at burger joints. Why don't you vent your anger at KFC, video games and too much disposable income?

Over my years of living in Asia I have watched the average Asian get bigger and fatter. I too used to think that more available western fast food was partly to blame.. But in reality many people just have more money to spend on food and don't work physically hard anymore..

However I have just spent 10 days in a small community near to Nakhon Sri Thammerat. My GF's family have a small shop (think 7/11 but Thai style) what amazed me more than anything was that their sales mostly consisted of alcohol/cigs for the adults and crisps/potato chips, fried corn snacks and all manner of fried junk food snacks in packets... Oh and gallons of cola/sprite/fizzy soft drinks for the kids..

This must be a new thing and the main reason for the ever widening Thai backside... Kids here used to eat fruit and traditional 'khanom' made from simple local ingreidients... None of which was very high in calories or fat..

But eating 2 or 3 packs of 'chips' a day plus a few bottles of cola is gonna have a huge impact over time..

Must admit I was suprised just how much of the stuff they were selling... Thank god they don't have a 'Macs' or 'BK' there....

BTW.. I used to eat MOS burger occaisionally in Singapore.. always seemed fresh and tasty there...

I've avoided Mosburger as I notice only Asians eating at the one in Central World!

Despite that, I gave it a try. It looks more trendy but the food is no better than the low standard already set by KFC and McD. If I had to eat fast food, I'd prefer chicken in KFC (a "zinger", or something like that).

Just in case you're interested, MOS is an acronym for "Mountain, Ocean and Sun"

I understand the above acronym is a Wikipedia myth, the original (and correct) acronym being from the Japanese: mitoboru oimotomeru sensaisa, which translates roughly as 'seeking a meat delicacy'.

Does anyone have any feedback on the Mos Burger's price in the new Pattaya restaurant, or will I have to sweat it out and go and visit myself...?

Tried it this p.m...........had the mos cheeseburger , smaller than the one in Singapore although the price was about the same.....taste wise, its a change from McD's and BK but lets be right it aint supposed to be gourmet food.

Also tried the hotdog......as posted already this was good, nice bun,tom sauce mustard and boiled onions.

Heres the menu...................

post-8110-1240484825_thumb.jpg

There were a few extras........ soup , salad etc to the right of the menu but they wouldn't fit on the scanner :o

Edit....sorry the scan is a little hard to read

Edited by thaiflyer1

Not many Thais eat burgers regularly. Blame fatty Thai snack foods.They have been around forever, but much bigger potions now.

Make your own!

post-63954-1240496609_thumb.jpg

Ingredients

• 6 White Rolls, cut in half
  • 6 Tasty Cheese Slices
  • 2 tbspn chopped Italian Parsley Leaves
  • 6 iceberg lettuce, leaves washed and roughly torn Plus fresh tomato sliced
  • 1/4 cup Dried Breadcrumbs
  • 1/3 cup Tomato Sauce, plus extra for serving
  • 225 g can Sliced Beetroot, drained
  • 500 g Trim Beef Mince For myself I add cooked onion and bacon

Prep and cook

1. Place mince, sauce, breadcrumbs and parsley into a large bowl and mix well to combine. Divide into 6 equal portions and shape into patties. spacer.gif

2. Cook hamburgers on a preheated lightly oiled barbeque plate over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Place hamburger buns cut side down onto barbeque and cook for 1-2 minutes until golden.

3. Assemble burgers by placing lettuce, beetroot, cheese, hamburger patty and extra sauce onto a bun base. Top with toasted bun top and serve immediately.

spacer.gif

Edited by BSJ

Had mos cheeseburger and coke total 105 bath. Small size and far from delicious still was hungry after. Beefburger with chips at villa market about same price (105 or 125 baht not remember how much exactly) are much better.

Bye bye Mos burger.

Had mos cheeseburger and coke total 105 bath. Small size and far from delicious still was hungry after. Beefburger with chips at villa market about same price (105 or 125 baht not remember how much exactly) are much better.

Bye bye Mos burger.

Sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with the burger.

Apart from the small portion what was your gripe with the actual product (taste)?

You say 'far from delicious' but could you please explain in more detail how the meal did not meet with your taste standards, outlining where improvements could be made and which taste-buds were offended by the said set meal.

Thank you.

Bye bye Mos burger.

Sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with the burger.

Apart from the small portion what was your gripe with the actual product (taste)?

You say 'far from delicious' but could you please explain in more detail how the meal did not meet with your taste standards, outlining where improvements could be made and which taste-buds were offended by the said set meal.

Thank you.

Taste is ok. Quality of meat about same like in MC.

'far from delicious' mean that I had more tasty beefburgers (with cheese) at the almost same price Villa Market for example. Butchers arms have very good beefburgers but have high price too. You can try there and fill difference.

This order was fun:

Me: I want mos cheeseburger

Thai Cashier: Okey mr. You want it with cheese ?

- Awcourse i want it with cheese because i ordered CHEESEburger

- Okey mr please have a sit

I sit and wait. They bring me recipe. After checking it i see "Mos spicy burger" there.

- Im sorry but i ordered cheeseburger

- Okey mr

After a while bring me another recipe and after i give him 1000 baht charged me about 200 baht. I tell him:

- i want only 1 cheeseburger and one coke

- okey mr

looking me..

- i want only 1 cheeseburger and one coke give me a change 100 baht more.

After 1 min conversation with thai colleagues

- oooh.. im sorry mr take your 100 baht

- thank you

Edited by justbob

I gave MOS Burger a try last night and was quite pleased with it.

Originally I was put off by the pictures of the burgers (Huge piece of Tomato looked yuk!) However after Thaiflyer1 posted the menu, I decided to give it a try.

I ordered the MOS Cheeseburger (Beware! They make a spicy version of this and I was lucky that the lady at the counter confirmed with me that I wanted spicy. She had to change my order when I told her that I didn't want it spicy.. - A spicy cheeseburger? yuk)

My Thai boyfriend (Who is usually HATES burgers) decided to give it a try and also ordered a Hamburger.

I thoroughly enjoyed my cheeseburger, and my boyfriend said it was actually the first ever burger he has ever enjoyed. The chips were nice also, not the usual thin McD's/KFC style chips but nice thick chunky ones.

For the price, I would definitely prefer an MOS Burger compared to McDonalds.. Im impressed!

Next time I will be trying one of their Sausage buns..

finally got a chance to try moss burger before a movie. my girlfriend and i checked out the menu. she got the fish burger set menu since she doesn't eat beef and I saw the chicken teriyaki burger and since i love Japanese teriyaki i figured i would try the set. I was paying and they asked what i wanted to drink, set comes with a drink, i saw the iced tea, picked that, and they said only sodas come with it and i would have to pay extra. ok i paid, I dont drink soda. we sat and the food came within a few minutes, bad sign, no way it could be cooked fresh and barely time to be reheated. my girlfriends fish sandwich looked really good but she said it was just ok. they put down the drinks and there were 2 cokes and one ice tea, they gave me a coke from the set menu? and an ice tea so now we have 2 cokes and one ice tea. i looked at the bill and ice tea and soda was the same price so why they couldn't substitute i have no idea but i didn't say anything TIT. i look at my chicken teriyaki sandwich and it is thick with lettuce and a thin sliver of gray meat which i will assume was chicken teriyaki, it tasted like it looked after a couple of bites, I forgot the rest, and ate the dry, barely warm, french fries that came with it, they were obviously standing out and not freshly cooked. my girlfriend loves fries and only ate a few. both meals weren't hot or cooked to order as the entire meal came in a few minutes after we sat.

wont be trying that again but i may give the burger a shot some time. what a bummer, i have really been waiting for this place to open and hoped the quality would be like an mk or a fuji which i like

finally got a chance to try moss burger before a movie. my girlfriend and i checked out the menu. she got the fish burger set menu since she doesn't eat beef and I saw the chicken teriyaki burger and since i love Japanese teriyaki i figured i would try the set. I was paying and they asked what i wanted to drink, set comes with a drink, i saw the iced tea, picked that, and they said only sodas come with it and i would have to pay extra. ok i paid, I dont drink soda. we sat and the food came within a few minutes, bad sign, no way it could be cooked fresh and barely time to be reheated. my girlfriends fish sandwich looked really good but she said it was just ok. they put down the drinks and there were 2 cokes and one ice tea, they gave me a coke from the set menu? and an ice tea so now we have 2 cokes and one ice tea. i looked at the bill and ice tea and soda was the same price so why they couldn't substitute i have no idea but i didn't say anything TIT. i look at my chicken teriyaki sandwich and it is thick with lettuce and a thin sliver of gray meat which i will assume was chicken teriyaki, it tasted like it looked after a couple of bites, I forgot the rest, and ate the dry, barely warm, french fries that came with it, they were obviously standing out and not freshly cooked. my girlfriend loves fries and only ate a few. both meals weren't hot or cooked to order as the entire meal came in a few minutes after we sat.

wont be trying that again but i may give the burger a shot some time. what a bummer, i have really been waiting for this place to open and hoped the quality would be like an mk or a fuji which i like

Thanks for the report.

Seriously, if the fries were cold then you should have taken them back and asked for freshly cooked/hot ones.

With Mos Burger being a Japanese chain, the staff should be taught only to serve hot food and food served to the ' Japanese' standard.

I will file my personal report/experience eating there shortly, I hope it is better than your experience!

Thanks for the report.

Seriously, if the fries were cold then you should have taken them back and asked for freshly cooked/hot ones. barely warm and really dry, under a heat lamp for quite a while i assume and who wants to wait, i was anticipating eating a good sandwich

With Mos Burger being a Japanese chain, the staff should be taught only to serve hot food and food served to the ' Japanese' standard. I was counting on that but TIT

I will file my personal report/experience eating there shortly, I hope it is better than your experience! hope so too they need foreign management in there till the thais have a clue whats going on, they had to know our stuff was not very good before serving it.

that being said i will give it one more try only in hopes of it being what it would appear to be

I haven't tried it yet, but think when judging a place called Burger, trying the burger would be the logical thing to try. They have clam chowder there too, but you know it won't impress Bostonians.

well i am kind of naive that way, when i go into a restaurant and they hand me a menu i assume that i can order something from the menu and it will be good or they shouldn't offer it, not rocket science.

not only that, being a Japanese restaurant and the Japanese known for teriyaki chicken you think it would be good. thats why i ordered it after looking at the menu. I am still looking for a restaurant here that says "teriyaki chicken restaurant" but havent found one yet :) .

A fair point has been made. In a Burger joint, buy a burger (quick turnaround).

I once bought a 'fish burger' in McDonalds in the Royal Garden Plaza. It still makes me shiver to think about it to this day.

Three hours later I was sat on the toilet with diarrhea and vomiting into a bucket simultaneously for the next 16 hours. I nearly died. Honest!

Had a nice burger again today at MOS Burger.. The burgers are very nice, however those huge pieces of tomato in the burger are just yukky!

The sales people, however, must think that customers are Dumb. Every time someone tries to order a burger and a coke, the person taking the order tries to explain that it is cheaper if they have it as a set meal, and that its more expensive if they order just a coke and burger, and that it would work out cheaper if they had the burger,drink,fries meal. They tried it on me today. Even when I explained that I just want a burger and coke because I wasn't that hungry, they insisted that Id be paying more for a burger and coke than if I got a meal with fries in it too...

Luckily enough I am not as dumb as they think and I'm good with my maths.. Lets see... Meal set = 129 baht

Individually, Burger 79 baht, Coke 29 baht = 108 baht.

21 baht more for a set meal, Yet they insist that even though you want just burger and coke, its cheaper if you order a set meal as its a 'special price'

I'm not tight on cash, but it just annoys me when they fool so many people into buying their set meals when they convince them it would work out cheaper to just get fries that they don't want.

.. Ok.. Rant over.

I once bought a 'fish burger' in McDonalds in the Royal Garden Plaza. It still makes me shiver to think about it to this day.

Three hours later I was sat on the toilet with diarrhea and vomiting into a bucket simultaneously for the next 16 hours. I nearly died. Honest!

I've eaten a good number of McD's fish burgers over the years, and never gotten sick. They have this new-fangled invention called a "freezer" to keep it from spoiling. :)

I've eaten a good number of McD's fish burgers over the years, and never gotten sick. They have this new-fangled invention called a "freezer" to keep it from spoiling. :)

Of course I cannot prove that it was the fishburger that made me sick, but I remember it tasting 'too fishy' if you know what I mean, and my only guess is that it was constructed by someone with 'fecal fingers' then had been standing about at blood heat for hours.

Not so many people order fish burgers, maybe mine was standing around a while.

Anyway NO more McD Fish Burgers for me....Ever!

• 1 month later...

Visited Mos Burger today, it being on the fifth floor of the new Pattaya Festival Shopping Centre.

I had the set meal (Burger, Chips and Coke) costing 129 Baht. The burger and chips tasted great and they were served piping hot.

So much better than McD or BK. They serve the coke in a proper glass and there are actually salt-cellars available along with toothpicks and napkins.

Recommended.

PS The last remaining fee-free ATM is just 10 seconds away on the same side as MOS Burger. GSB (Government Savings Bank) hidden in the toilet area. It is bright pink and fully functional. So is the ATM.

I had the spicy Mos burger set. I liked the burger but there was some kind of Japanesey style mayo on it, and in some ways the burger reminded me of burger sushi (not saying the burger was raw, not at all, just that it tasted Japanese). The fries were fantastic. I loved them. Also both items served piping hot. Would go again but not too often, its fattening.