Mos Burger Opening

thaiflyer1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure by Asia, you mean East Asia. There are several Fuddruckers in the Middle East/

I prefer Fuddruckers also out of Texas.

Fuddruckers is good. I like their lemonade. It's not as good as Fatburger, nor would Fuddruckers ever open a store in Asia.

Big Juicy Real American Burger at the Hard Rock Cafe with imported USDA Beef - A bit pricey but worth the money :-)
It's ok, but the Hard Rock sucks. I can't see regularly paying U.S. Hard Rock prices for a burger in Thailand. We're talking fast food burgers here.

oy vey :o ....!!! I didn't know you started the thread :D !!

Big Juicy Real American Burger at the Hard Rock Cafe with imported USDA Beef - A bit pricey but worth the money :-)
It's ok, but the Hard Rock sucks. I can't see regularly paying U.S. Hard Rock prices for a burger in Thailand. We're talking fast food burgers here.

oy vey :o ....!!! I didn't know you started the thread :D !!

There's a world of difference between Mos Burger and Hard Rock. We can also discuss Tony Roma's, but when you move into casual dining restaurants, its really not fair to compare them to fast food joints, like Mos Burger. I'm sure you can get a burger in a lot of the 5-star hotels as well.

I am sure by Asia, you mean East Asia. There are several Fuddruckers in the Middle East/
I prefer Fuddruckers also out of Texas.

Fuddruckers is good. I like their lemonade. It's not as good as Fatburger, nor would Fuddruckers ever open a store in Asia.

It was originally a Canadian business, and a franchise license has been given to a Saudi company limited to the Mideast.

And now a picture of a real hamburger from WHATABURGER (in Texas of course.....wish they would come over here):

post-36006-1239950435_thumb.jpg

That looks like a great franchise. Seems to have the south well covered, but hasn't gotten into Vegas/Cali. Reminds me of my local burger hangout when I was growing up, "Y" Not Burger

I'm not holding my breath that a franchise would open in Thailand. Of the L.A burger joints, I can't see Tommy's or In 'N Out opening in Thailand, but we may have a chance with Fatburger, a blues-themed burger joint, which has a store in the food court at the Venetian in Macau. http://www.fatburger.com/home/

E32002_FatburgerDKBCE.jpg

holy shit batman, you could feed the whole family with that burger

Where is the best hamburger in Pattaya?... excluding the ones made at home.

Thailand doesn't have any good hamburgers pursay, but the closest to a good old American hamburger is Henry J beans on the beach

A couple pretty good ones on the Farside but the information is classified (and a heck of allot cheaper than B 350).

Did you see the Fatburger posted by Zaphodbeeblebrox..........I have never seen anything like it. Even the fries look great...........I AM SO HUNGRY FOR A REAL HAMBURGER.

I am going to eat at Fatburger on Ramon Road in Palm Springs CA near the airport TONITE!

Eat your heart out, JR! LOL

Please describe every detail, film it, and post pics here..........I AM SO HUNGRY FOR ONE DECENT HAMBURGER, NOT JUST IN THAILAND, BUT IN ASIA

oy vey :D ....!!! I didn't know you started the thread :D !!

There's a world of difference between Mos Burger and Hard Rock. We can also discuss Tony Roma's, but when you move into casual dining restaurants, its really not fair to compare them to fast food joints, like Mos Burger. I'm sure you can get a burger in a lot of the 5-star hotels as well.

hmmm :D ...well okay then I'll settle for "In and Out Burger" :o

They have finally got round to an opening date for the Mos Burger "takeaway" in Central Mall.............21st April :o

post-8110-1239860936_thumb.jpg

Never heard of them, Where are they from?

Hope they look and taste better than the one in the picture too.

I've got to agree that that is one very unappealing looking hamburger. I want lettuce, pickles, onions, tomatoes, mustard....not a big glop of something that looks like stewed tomatoes. Yuck!

I've got to agree that that is one very unappealing looking hamburger. I want lettuce, pickles, onions, tomatoes, mustard....not a big glop of something that looks like stewed tomatoes. Yuck!

What do you expect from a Japanese hamburger :D

They think the same thing about us Americans when they see a "California" sushi roll...what have those dastardly Americans done to our national delicacy :o

Edited by MeetJohnDoe

They have finally got round to an opening date for the Mos Burger "takeaway" in Central Mall.............21st April :o

Glad you like the look of it.....here's the rest of the menu to salivate over....... :D

http://www.mosburger.com.sg/mos_menu.php

They (Mos Burger) were on schedule and open tonight as adverstised.

I was reading their info in the window and noticed that they sell "rice" burgers.

Does anyone have any idea what a rice burger is? Do they use rice to make the bun, or is it an ingredient between the buns?

Just in case you're interested, MOS is an acronym for "Mountain, Ocean and Sun"

Edited by tropo

In May there is some kind of American theme restaurant (or so it appears opening) in the same building as the News Cafe on Thappraya. New hope for a decent burger? How hard can it be? As long as you have good beef (perhaps even good enough for burgers is possible in Thailand) and good buns (cheeky) and the right condiments, again, how hard can it be? You just need Americans to taste it and tell you if it is good or not. Here I am talking about higher end burgers, not fast food McD's style, of course. I will try Mos of course but they look rather bizarre.

It is funny really, but the 'Rice Burger' which is made from a selection of different crops: Wheat, Barley, Rice etc. does taste really good.

In the same way a 'Carrot Cake' really tastes of real dried fruit.

The human sense of taste is 70% smell and just 5 or 6 receptors on the tongue, so, often logical-taste is defied. That is why I dislike food-snobs. Something made of secret ingredients can taste very good in the same way a placebo drug can have miraculous effects.

If I were to cook up an insect-burger and market it well, I bet people would travel for miles to experience the great taste.

Priced against McD and BK they should be profitable as both the big name franchises are way OTT priced in Pattaya.

McDonald's is something like half the price of Burger King if you buy the set meals. :o

Without hitting menus I'd go along with that in general as long as you are comparing like with like. McD don't have anything like a whopper and even their cheeseburgers are vastly different in size.

The killer in BK is something like Bt30 for a Kraft cheese slice !

I know the new McD near Soi 7 2nd Road was way way more expensive than Bangkok the week before or Phuket the week after, perhaps 30% more expensive. Then with McD, due to their small burgers, you have to get more than one so you end up with a BK priced meal anyway.

You just need Americans to taste it and tell you if it is good or not.

Cheers we'll reciprocate this gesture by introducing these healthy things we like to call vegtables to your diet.

Well I average about one hamburger annually even when I lived there, but as an American, I do know what a quality burger is SUPPOSED to taste like. Actually, vegetables are very popular in the US at least among wealthier people. Poor people are the ones living (and dying) on McDs.

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/products/produce.php

Edited by Jingthing

If I were to cook up an insect-burger and market it well, I bet people would travel for miles to experience the great taste.

Lots of things with great marketing end up failing in the marketplace. If your insect burger tasted good and was marketed well, it very well might sell.