Mos Burger Opening

thaiflyer1

I like the new double sized ones and Mcdonalds give you free cheese. Burger King seems to think that it is liquid gold and charge accordingly.

Then they must have changed their policy at McD.I remember they charged me extra when I asked for some mayo with my french fries.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've tried MOS Burger and it thoroughly sucked.

The Burgers as noted are made from crappy low grade meat and the chicken teriyaki burger was a nasty sliver of fatty meat.

Dog Food IMO...

When I want a real burger these days I cook it myself using decent ground beef from Foodland , some fresh lettuce from the salad bar and some nice fresh cheese.

Foodland Rocks !!!!

Edited by JimmyTheMook

I've tried MOS Burger and it thoroughly sucked.

The Burgers as noted are made from crappy low grade meat and the chicken teriyaki burger was a nasty sliver of fatty meat.

Dog Food IMO...

When I want a real burger these days I cook it myself using decent ground beef from Foodland , some fresh lettuce from the salad bar and some nice fresh cheese.

Foodland Rocks !!!!

Wouldn't reject an invitation next time. :)

Amazing how many people like to discuss about junk food (Mc Do) and fancy junk food (MOS). :)

Agreed , but all this talk about burgers made me hungry so cooked a real beef cheddar burger and washed it down with some Australian white wine...

Borderline junk food :D

post-41573-1244039171_thumb.jpg

Amazing how many people like to discuss about junk food (Mc Do) and fancy junk food (MOS). :)

Agreed , but all this talk about burgers made me hungry so cooked a real beef cheddar burger and washed it down with some Australian white wine...

Where is your earth/ground?

My earth is under my feet and the ground (beef) got cooked as proven with above pic.

My earth is under my feet and the ground (beef) got cooked as proven with above pic.

Thanks for making that clear.

Was the West Indian 'Ma Ma' chopping-board just placed for humorous effect or do you paint them in your spare time and sell them at Soi Buckhaw Market?

A fair point has been made. In a Burger joint, buy a burger (quick turnaround).

I once bought a 'fish burger' in McDonalds in the Royal Garden Plaza. It still makes me shiver to think about it to this day.

Three hours later I was sat on the toilet with diarrhea and vomiting into a bucket simultaneously for the next 16 hours. I nearly died. Honest!

I've eaten a good number of McD's fish burgers over the years, and never gotten sick. They have this new-fangled invention called a "freezer" to keep it from spoiling. :)

Of course I cannot prove that it was the fishburger that made me sick, but I remember it tasting 'too fishy' if you know what I mean, and my only guess is that it was constructed by someone with 'fecal fingers' then had been standing about at blood heat for hours.

Not so many people order fish burgers, maybe mine was standing around a while.

Anyway NO more McD Fish Burgers for me....Ever!

You know you are doomed if the fish smells fishy. You know it is old & stanky right from the gate!

Edited by Beardog

Was the West Indian 'Ma Ma' chopping-board just placed for humorous effect or do you paint them in your spare time and sell them at Soi Buckhaw Market?

That was brought with us from America.

Purchased in rural Pennsylvania many years ago.

Doubt Aunt Jamima was West Indian - but glad you like it :)

Ate at Mo's last week. Ordered 2 hot dogs (was craving it!). Spat it out and tossed the rest. Made with the worst pork I've ever tasted. I was going to get the hamburger, but my wife would not allow it (Buddhist thing).

I'm in the States this week and now you all have me craving a Fat Burger! I'll be going there tomorrow (jealous? - heheheh).

Edited by SNGLIFE

I've been in LA for a month now, back in CNX on Tuesday just too late for the TV Party. One of the luckier happenstances is that Carl's Jr. is running their Portobello Mushroom Burger promotion, which just emerges every now and then. My favorite fast food burger ever, but as mentioned, only available for a limited (and never predictable) time. Love 'em.

portobello-mushroom-burger.jpg

Already been to Tommy's, InNOut, Fatburger, and a few "real serious" burger joints, as well as the usual great Mexican food. That's about the only upside for me, when on an LA road trip.

I've been in LA for a month now, back in CNX on Tuesday just too late for the TV Party. One of the luckier happenstances is that Carl's Jr. is running their Portobello Mushroom Burger promotion, which just emerges every now and then. My favorite fast food burger ever, but as mentioned, only available for a limited (and never predictable) time. Love 'em.

Looks yummy...go ahead and have an extra one for me too...I'll enjoy it vicariously :)

Ate at MOS Burger for the first time this week.

There was nothing at all wrong with the ingredients in our burgers (cheese burger, beef yakiniku rice burger & teriyaki chicken burger). The problem is that these burgers are incredibly small in real life and with the addition of some very ordinary corn cream soup and a small order of fries, this amounted to nothing more than a snack for just over 300 baht.

Don't eat there if you're hungry.

Already been to Tommy's, InNOut, Fatburger, and a few "real serious" burger joints, as well as the usual great Mexican food. That's about the only upside for me, when on an LA road trip.

oh my God the drool is dripping from my lips(ime on a diet) :)

There was nothing at all wrong with the ingredients in our burgers (cheese burger, beef yakiniku rice burger & teriyaki chicken burger). The problem is that these burgers are incredibly small in real life and with the addition of some very ordinary corn cream soup and a small order of fries, this amounted to nothing more than a snack for just over 300 baht.

I'm with you on this. Although my stomach shrinks while in Thailand so I can get full from a Thai sized noodle soup, this burger and fries feels like a kid's Happy Meal.

Here's a pic of the burger. No cheese. That's a slice from an above average sized tomato, but it does give scale to the burger. Not a bad burger, but not quite a value meal.

post-25148-1244245474_thumb.jpg

Made my first visit to Mos Burger at Central Festival today, and it got two thumbs up.

I discovered Mos Burger when I lived in Tokyo in the 90's. Their spicy cheesdburgers were made with a sauce from Korean chilis and were exceptional. A few years ago I tried a spicy cheeseburger at Mos Burger in Singapore, and it was a different sauce, so I was disappointed.

Usually now, I order one of the rice burgers. To me, the downfall of most fastfood burgers is the bun. In the USA I enjoy the special burgers on offer at Carl's Jr and Jack in the Box from time to time that use toasted sourdough bread, which is MUCH better than a standard white squichy hamburger bun, IMHO. The rice bugers (the "bun" is a pair of rice patties) are a close second. I had the ginger pork rice burger today, and it was quite good. And, as mentioned above, the fries are very good, as well.

My wife and I tried MOS last night for a change from BK. Had the cheeseburger and the wife had the spicey cheeseburger. We also ordered a chile dog. They didn't have bacon cheeseburgers which I prefer, but everything tasted good. I like BK better, but MOS was a tastey change of pace.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm with you on this. Although my stomach shrinks while in Thailand so I can get full from a Thai sized noodle soup, this burger and fries feels like a kid's Happy Meal.

Here's a pic of the burger. No cheese. That's a slice from an above average sized tomato, but it does give scale to the burger. Not a bad burger, but not quite a value meal.

The Mos Burger Set meal has shrunk even more. I had the set meal for 129 Baht and the French Fries totaled seven. The set meal option gives a discount of 15 baht but if you consider the breakdown of prices I suggest an alternative option;

1 Mos Cheese Burger: 79 Baht

2 French Fries: 39 Baht

3 Soft Drink: 26 Baht

Discount: 15 Baht:

TOTAL: 129 Baht

I suggest, skip the pathetic small portion of Fries (not worth 39 baht), grab a can of cola for 13 baht at 7-11 and buy two burgers instead: 158 Baht.

Enjoy!

I went again for those fantastic fries. This time, not so good, and way too greasy as well. Oh well ...

I guess its the luck of the draw on the fries.

Another tip: you can skip the ginger pork rice burger. Oy.

Edited by Jingthing

The Mos Burger Set meal has shrunk even more. I had the set meal for 129 Baht and the French Fries totaled seven. The set meal option gives a discount of 15 baht but if you consider the breakdown of prices I suggest an alternative option;

1 Mos Cheese Burger: 79 Baht

2 French Fries: 39 Baht

3 Soft Drink: 26 Baht

Discount: 15 Baht:

TOTAL: 129 Baht

I suggest, skip the pathetic small portion of Fries (not worth 39 baht), grab a can of cola for 13 baht at 7-11 and buy two burgers instead: 158 Baht.

Micky D's Big Mac Meal or Whopper Meal Deal can be had for less with more food calories to boot :)

MOS burger is okay, but I won't go for it. I still like BurgerKing, their triple whoppers is the best!!!!

I think BK is overpriced for Thailand, if you compare it to McD or MOS.

I agree though, the triple whoppers fill the stomach after a good beer session.