Uk Settlement. Acceptable Evidence Of Address ?

Hello all,

We are currently compiling all the supporting evidence for my wife's UK Settlement visa application but am unsure whether I have sufficient proof/evidence of where we shall live.

I have only lived at the (rented) property for 3 weeks, since returning to UK from Thailand, and currently only have the Tenancy agreement and 2 'welcome' letters from utility companies. The Sponsorship Undertaking form SU07/01 does not include these in its list of documents so I guess I have to wait for local council to send council tax bill. Still waiting after 3 weeks and quite a few phone calls.

Hoping someone can give me some good news...just seen the wait times for applications. Crikey!!

Thanks very much

Thanks Mariner29 :o

Will be ordering a bank statement from an ATM so should have that early next week.

Do you think it would have a detrimental effect on her/our application by NOT having a letter from council. We have mountains of supporting evidence re finances, employment and relationship history etc.

Fingers crossed my council gets their act together this week.

Thanks again for any advice.

Cheers.

Nice one!!! That's kind of what I wanted to hear :o

Will wait for latest bank statement and then I will have 3 separate 'documents' proving address. As you say, if the ECO wants further info.........

Cant wait to get the ball rolling, so to speak. Only been married 2 months and we've been apart over 1 month now with the prospect of another couple of months of waiting. Ouch.

Thanks VERY much for your time. Much appreciated.

All the best.

I have only lived at the (rented) property for 3 weeks, since returning to UK from Thailand, and currently only have the Tenancy agreement

Is she named on the Tenancy Agreement? If not, then I would recommend a letter from your landlord granting her permission to live there.

I have only lived at the (rented) property for 3 weeks, since returning to UK from Thailand, and currently only have the Tenancy agreement

Is she named on the Tenancy Agreement? If not, then I would recommend a letter from your landlord granting her permission to live there.

Unfortunately not on Tenancy Agreement. Agreed with landlord we would put her on it when she arrives. Shouldn't be a problem to get letter from landlord.

Cheers for the advice.