Cold Beer

wobblyjohn

A friend is always asking me to give him a tour round the Pattaya gogo's but with the state of the pound I begrudge paying 120+ baht for a warm beer that I cant drink, (don't tell me to put ice in it) I only know of 1 bar off walking street that servers me a cold one but I cant keep suggesting we only there, so where in your opinion do they serve the coldest BOTTLED beer in any of the 70+ gogo and coyotee bars

Hey there wobblyjohn, believe it or not warm beer is better for you. :D:o

Sorry if this comes as a shock BigSnake, but I don't drink it for its therapeutic effects :D

Surly it can't be too difficult for managers to have their staff rotate the stock properly ensure the fridge is set correctly and serviced periodically

A friend told me he has his staff dip each bottle in a bucket of water prior to it going in the fridge but although his is cold, its not the coldest, I went watching a band last week in a bar opposite Mike Shopping Mall and that was proper cold, quite a good band as well, yet the air-con music bar (Hotties) at the back of the complex had less customers and warm beer :D

You don't go out to often do you? There are plenty of Go-Go Bars,

Very true 70+ in fact

in fact more than ever that have Draft specials 60 Baht and less.

They do and I believe it's cold

They all have people holding big signs out in front of them.

Absolutly correct, so big in fact you often can't see the little person holding the sign

But billaaa777 if you had actually taken the time to read the OP, the question wasn't, are there many gogos or where can I buy cheepo beer and are many of them advertized

If I wanted to drink flat Chang or Tiger beer the choices are endless but I don't, I did on the other hand ask where do they serve the coldest BOTTLED beer, just because it looks like beer and gives you a headache doesn't actualy mean its palatable

If it was just a cheep cold drink I was looking for then I would be drinking water :D which Im sure all the gogo owners would prefer (if you look at the profit margines for water, draught beer and San Miguel, water gives the biggest)

No doubt you drive a Lada, what the hel_l it gets you there doesn't it :o

Hot and Cold :o
champion agogo on walking street....always cold beer.........only gogo on walking with the same owner for 20 years and still going strong........

Thanks guys, 2 places I don't usually go cos they always feel a bit run down, but all things change

I also believe Champagne on LK Metro is serving cold ones as well

Some bars serving draft beer don't clean the lines each day. Result: Flat beer.

Many bars have icy cold bottled beer in the fridge, but the bar girls have no idea how to differentiate between a cold bottle and a warm bottle.

The best way to get an icy cold bottled beer (Aussie style) is to go to the bar, feel the bottle before it is opened and select only the coldest.

With prior notice, some bars will place a number of beer bottles into a bucket full of ice...just waiting for your arrival.

champion agogo on walking street....always cold beer.........only gogo on walking with the same owner for 20 years and still going strong........

Same girls for the past twenty years too and they weren't spring chickens when they started!

But I like the place - always drop in hen I'm in the area, but never b/f.

Just to report on my findings last Wednesday night 9pm onwards

Champagne, moderately busy and warm beer :D

Club Blue, busy and cold beer :D

Oasis busy and warm beer :D

Hot and Cold, few customers and warm beer :wai:

Hotties, few customers and cool beer but drinkable all the same, at that time I was past caring though :D

The quest goes on :o

Same girls for the past twenty years too and they weren't spring chickens when they started!

But I like the place - always drop in hen I'm in the area, but never b/f.

(up to u) :o lol

good topic for an Aussie who likes his beer cold as we all do. Am over in June for the first time and will be checking out the bars for the coldest beer. In Phuket I only found a couple of bars that had warm beer, after complaining they took the beer out of the fridge and put them in a big bucket of ice for us as we were gonna stay a while.

Hey there wobblyjohn, believe it or not warm beer is better for you. :D:)

warm beer is for the english, aussie love a coldie, ice cold that is and no we do not put ice in it. watering down our beer is not in our culture we like it straight and cold.