Bangkok Bank's Corresponding Us Bank

When I asked in person the girl did not know what I was talking about so she just looked at me like I was a crazy and retarded farang devil and would have nothing of it... I am checking the website but I don't see anything listed about the Corresponding US Bank.

The form my bank has give me http://www.tdameritrade.com/forms/TDA818.pdf requires this information to be filled in.

Any ideas?

When I asked in person the girl did not know what I was talking about so she just looked at me like I was a crazy and retarded farang devil and would have nothing of it... I am checking the website but I don't see anything listed about the Corresponding US Bank.

The form my bank has give me http://www.tdameritrade.com/forms/TDA818.pdf requires this information to be filled in.

Any ideas?

I did a couple of wires using bkk bank, but its been some time ago and I forget the corresponding banks name. Did u research the BKK Bank website? Or google your question?

Or, simply talk to another BKK bank rep; sometimes they just say no it the don't know or don't want to find out. TIT, :o

The "Corresponding US Bank" is a generic term, and does not imply that you need to send it to a US branch of your Thai bank. As a brokerage, TDAmeritrade probably has its own bank, or is affiliated with one - TDA doesn't have stacks of money stuffed in drawers, they use an actual bank to hold the cash. Accordingly, you can use that bank to SWIFT money from the US to Thailand - you DO NOT need to use the NY branch of Bangkok Bank.

As an example, until Schwab formed its own bank, it used PNC Bank for its brokerage accounts. Money was SWIFTED to/from PNC Bank.

Answer:

Dr. Thaweelap Rittapirom, SVP & Branch Manager

Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited New York Branch

29 Broadway, 20th Floor, New York

NY 10006

Tel: (1-212) 422-8200

Fax: (1-212) 422-0728

Swift: BKKB US 33

Telex:(023) 175459 BKBK UT

E-mail: //removed as per forum rules//

FED Routing No: 026008691

CHIPS ABA: 0869