Evaluate My Photo

Kan Win

Taken during Songkran in Kan this year.

Was a great day, blue sky, hot and all had fun and games.

Taken with me trusted Oly 8080 :o

post-3770-1240494088_thumb.jpg

in landscape mode (not in pano mode) with the AEL switched on, four (4) shots and free hand . Stitched with Pamorama Maker 3.0 and touch up with ACDSee Pro 2.5

Some folks say I am a landscape photographer other say ...............................

Your veiws on this little contribution of mine :D

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

in landscape mode (not in pano mode) with the AEL switched on, four (4) shots and free hand . Stitched with Pamorama Maker 3.0 and touch up with ACDSee Pro 2.5

Some folks say I am a landscape photographer other say ...............................

Yours truly,

That is a great usage of the stitching feature. There is a real sense of being there.

For hand held it is even more impressive.

I cleaned the image up a touch, see if you can spot the changes.

post-10408-1240550775_thumb.jpg

I wish the clouds are more "horizontally" across the upper top,

and the water (the middle ground) is a bit more vivid blue hence constasting the dull color of the mountain and those umbrellas

overall ....Nice pix

Edited by teacup

Nice pano "Kan"

I shot this with an Olympus also. C2020 (2 megapixels!) about 11/12 years ago on my first trip to Thailand. Handheld also and 3 shots stitched in Photoshop. The file corrupted subsequently due to poor storage or whatever and those "lines" appeared. Maybe one day I'll clone them out!

Anyway, good old Olympus.

p.s. Koh Samui

Yours truly,

as a holiday snap its ok. BUT the light is very boring and the image lacks any visual idea at all

BUT the light is very boring and the image lacks any visual idea at all

The "visual idea" was, so that folks visiting Kan and/or me webpage feel that they have been there or wish to visit Kanchanaburi once they have seen "The Death Railway History" which is also part of Kan :D as there are more places in this Province to see. Folks come here only on a day tour from Bangers & Mash, but miss the real beauty of Kan which I try to capture. Help me then "Jolly Frog" if I may call you that "yumidesign'" :D to make me photos better. :o

Could you please explain further, what should I have done or not have done with this Panoramic photo.

I thank all members your comments. :D

Yours truly,

Win in Kan :D

BUT the light is very boring and the image lacks any visual idea at all

The "visual idea" was, so that folks visiting Kan and/or me webpage feel that they have been there or wish to visit Kanchanaburi once they have seen "The Death Railway History" which is also part of Kan :D as there are more places in this Province to see. Folks come here only on a day tour from Bangers & Mash, but miss the real beauty of Kan which I try to capture. Help me then "Jolly Frog" if I may call you that "yumidesign'" :D to make me photos better. :o

Could you please explain further, what should I have done or not have done with this Panoramic photo.

I thank all members your comments. :D

Yours truly,

Win in Kan :wai:

well ok, hope this helps you........

what i mean by visual idea is this.

when you look at something with your ‘minds eye’, that is the view of something based on some experience, something you have seen before that links a visual memory with a present visual. you can use this experience to create a new, like image, hopefully a more interesting one

Example: I am walking along the edge of a lake near sunset, it is very beautiful, and I see the sun near a temple on the other side of lake, the scene reminds me of other pictures in my mind. I decide to bring my camera the next day and move around to study the view, as the sun is setting I understand that it if I move to a certain position the sun will set directly over the apex of the temple and reflect in the water

So the visual idea in this case was to show a blinding light near the temple to represent the idea of the power of enlightenment and knowledge and how it reflects.

the light around the middle of the day is generally the most boring because it does not reflect and does not create long shadows. On the other hand from early morning and around late afternoon to dusk the atmosphere is charged with emotions of color, light refractions and reflections. Makes for far more interesting pictures, especially if you are prepared to look into the light

ps jolly frog indeed, i had in mind more about the story of the frog being a prince (i am joking for Buddhas sake) i'll answer to anything :D