Early Renewal Of Non-im "o" 12 Month "retirement" Visa

If for a non-oa visa from a consulate they accept bank statements.

I'm not ready to apply now, but In a few years it'll be for a non oa visa. However, all of my banking is done online. I don't get bank statements and haven't for about five years.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not ready to apply now, but In a few years it'll be for a non oa visa. However, all of my banking is done online. I don't get bank statements and haven't for about five years.

Here is what it says on a embassy website about what is needed for a non-oa visa.

- A copy of bank statement or evidence of adequate finance showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totaling not less than 800,000 Baht

- In the case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is required

I would think your bank could print something out and then write the letter unless it is an online bank that does not have a physical location of some kind.

I am not ready for retirement yet, but have a question. Here in Germany, banks stopped using pass books years ago. What other kind of documents would be accepted (all of my banking is done through bank transfers).

I don't have a passbook on 2 accounts here, you must take + a photocopy of your statements + a letter from the Bank stating you have this account

Thanks all. Looks like no problem to get my next extension but wanted to buy some plane tickets today so wanted to make sure and couldn't go down to the Immigration folks as I'm out of the country. As always ThaiVisa is the greatest. Didn't even know this was available til a couple years ago. Don't know if it existed in 2003 otherwise might have helped me get my retirement visa a day after my 49th birthday (that is the day you become "50" years old by Thai standards). Still all in all never had any problem with Immigration because I always did my homework before going there and had reams of documents to comply. Thanks again for making my homework pretty simple.

Foreverford,

there are companies in Bangkok who take care of all your problems with the renewal of the visa. In case of any change of the law they will be the first ones to inform you; they also inform you to have your documents ready on the exact day you should submit them and once you get in to the Immigration, all your paper work will be feeled up thanks to a computerized system. There is no need for you to wait on the line for your turn to submit the paper work because their staff will be there first thing in the morning and all these for +/- 2,000 Baht per year. For this amount it doesn't pay to be worried all the time about your situation in Thailand.

Best wishes

Chinwa, what company do you recommend for this? I will do it for this price.

Regarding how early you can aplly for a one year extension.

for what its worth a couple of years ago I was due to fly out of Thailand about 7 weeks before my current 1 year ran out.And I was not returning until 2 weeks after it would expire.

I went with passport, form for renewal etc, and my airline ticket to Pattaya immigration. I got a ticket to see the one year extension immigration officer.I explained to the officer my problem, and asked if I could get an extension before I left Thailand so I could return without any hassle. He gave me the extension no problem.

I would say that its worth asking at the immigration desk to find out if you can do the same as I did.

Edited by bottleymike

You may not get one mailed to you, but I would be extremely surprised if you can not print one. I also no longer receive statements for more than 5 years. I believe institutions are required to provide one when asked for one.

Both my bank and Mutual Fund allow me to print one on-line. It's as official as any you would get in the mail.

In Los Angeles the Thai consulate requires a statement that has been notarized or a letter from your bank stating proof of ownership.

You have to be 50 by WESTERN definition to get a retirement visa. That means your 50th birthday, NOT your 49th. While there may be some cases of people getting it at 49, it is VERY UNLIKELY. That's one of those "urban myths" that you qualify at 49. For everyone who got away with that, there are scores who were LAUGHED out of the office for trying.

Funny thing is I have just got my visa extension for reason of wanting to stay the remainder of my life( their quote not mine: immergration) .I was 50 last August..I put my age down as 50 and was told to change it as was told you cannot do it till you are 51! More than a little lost in translation I think!!lol..That was in mai sai...

A quick question for you who have the knowledge..My 3 month notification is up on the 15th of this month May but i will be going to Phuket on the 9th.can I go to do the notification more than a week before..I'am not keen on sending by post..

Thanks

Always renew mine about 6 weeks before, this year went 10 weeks before no question asked.

There are other posts about this and it would appear that it depends on what Office you use, anything between 30 & 90 days before

Chmai. Imm. allows up to 2 months

Does anyone know Maptaput’s attitude towards both the 30-day rule and the need for evidence of foreign transfers into Thai bank accounts?

You have to be 50 by WESTERN definition to get a retirement visa. That means your 50th birthday, NOT your 49th. While there may be some cases of people getting it at 49, it is VERY UNLIKELY. That's one of those "urban myths" that you qualify at 49. For everyone who got away with that, there are scores who were LAUGHED out of the office for trying.
Funny thing is I have just got my visa extension for reason of wanting to stay the remainder of my life( their quote not mine: immergration) .I was 50 last August..I put my age down as 50 and was told to change it as was told you cannot do it till you are 51! More than a little lost in translation I think!!lol..That was in mai sai...

A quick question for you who have the knowledge..My 3 month notification is up on the 15th of this month May but i will be going to Phuket on the 9th.can I go to do the notification more than a week before..I'am not keen on sending by post..

Thanks

A way of thinking about it is that you are over 50 the day after your birthday because you are in your 51st year of your life.

The rule is 7 days before or after. So by my count you can do it on the 8th but that day is a holiday so I think they would take it on the 7th.

Nothing wrong with mailing in because if you use registered mail you have proof you sent it and when the receipt comes back you will have the day it was delivered and the name of the person who signed for it. The same goes for EMS except for the receipt you get back in the mail.

There seems to be a bit of confusion here regarding the time you require to have funds in your Thai bank account prior to an application to extend your Retirement Visa. The laws/rules changed recently. You require either 800k or a combination of funds plus income, and have it in your account 60 days prior to the expiry of your existing Visa or extension. You can get nearly 2 years from your original Retirement visa if you have a Multi entry on it...ie before the original Visa expires(the date on the actual Visa...not when you entered Thailand) and you leave the country and return before the expiry, you get a further 12 months. The 800k is not required to be in your account until 60 days prior to an application for extension therefore you get 22 months without a need to have any money in an account.

When you apply for a retirement visa initially. all you need is a letter from your Bank to say that you have been a customer for ???years which needs notarisation with your other required documents. Even with a retirement Visa/extension, if you are married to a Thai then the requirement is 400k.

The requirement is for extension of stay (not for visa) and is 3 months in account for bank deposit only unless it is the first time. First time can be 60 days. If you use embassy letter of income there is no requirement for fund to be in account for any length of time (combination method).

All retirement extensions of stay require 800k or 65k - there is no discount for being married. But if you are married there are other options available (not retirement).

You need a letter from your bank of account balance for extensions of stay.

I have a pension and have to renew my retirement the end of Juni. Is it OK that my 'embassy letter ' proving my income is on that moment still 2 month old??

If you mean that your letter is 2 months old it will not be accepted.

It should not be more than a few days old.

3. You can open an account but you have to go to different banks and branches to find one that will let you open an account.

Once you open the account you can do it by wire transfer.

Several points:

Interest rates are constantly changing so (1) dont lock everything into one term. Currently rates are low but they will climb when inflation starts to bite or the banks need more deposits...and (2) dont lock everything into one interest rate. The guy with a five year fixed term is nuts because he locked in at a low rate and

Use a bank near home as there are fixed charges applied when using remote facilities.

I have a pension and have to renew my retirement the end of Juni. Is it OK that my 'embassy letter ' proving my income is on that moment still 2 month old??

I disagree. A bank letter certifying balance should be new, but in my experience an embassy letter confirming income has been OK for two extensions (2 years running.)

However better to be safe than sorry.

I disagree. A bank letter certifying balance should be new, but in my experience an embassy letter confirming income has been OK for two extensions (2 years running.)

However better to be safe than sorry.

Both letters must be recent (a few days is safe)

Samut Prakan immigration said no more than 3 days.....

Check your immigration office as each has its own set of rules

I have read plenty of posts where somebody was turned away because they did not have a recent letter.

Some immigration offices even keep the original letter. No copies accepted.

Even one where the immigration officer said it could not be more than 3 days old.

Only for the first extension based on retirement can the money be in the bank for 2 months, every next extension it has to be there for 3 months.

The above rule appears to apply to extensions based on Thai wife as well as I experienced two days ago at Suan Plu.

see this topic:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Suan-Plu-Exp...ay-t261852.html

opalhort

Edited by opalhort

Best of my knowledge the Non-Immigration O Visa is good for as long as you remain in country, you can request a renewal of your one year visa for retirement or marriage using this Non-O visa, as long as you meet the other requirements, income, money in Thai bank, etc, requesting this three week early is or shouldn't be a problem, may depend on the Immigration office nearest you, sometime varies Offices seem to make up the rules as they go along. :):D:D:D

Best of my knowledge the Non-Immigration O Visa is good for as long as you remain in country, you can request a renewal of your one year visa for retirement or marriage using this Non-O visa, as long as you meet the other requirements, income, money in Thai bank, etc, requesting this three week early is or shouldn't be a problem, may depend on the Immigration office nearest you, sometime varies Offices seem to make up the rules as they go along. :):D:D:D

It is an extension of stay not a visa. A visa only allows you to enter the country after that you are on a permit to stay. Most people on extensions no longer have a valid visa in their passport because it was a single entry so it was useless after that entry. Even if they had a multiple entry it would most likely be expired.

You get a new extension of stay it is not a renewal.

It is an extension of stay not a visa. A visa only allows you to enter the country after that you are on a permit to stay. Most people on extensions no longer have a valid visa in their passport because it was a single entry so it was useless after that entry. Even if they had a multiple entry it would most likely be expired.

You get a new extension of stay it is not a renewal.

Thanks, Ubonjoe my bad you got it right. :D

ok

i have the income letter in my home country ,

from the 26/04/09.

and finish all the process on the 1/04/09.

by the way

it cost me about 7000 baht

coming beck on the 14/05 /09 .

and will go to get a retirement extension,

on the18/05/09 .

it will be one month before

it would expire.

so the letter will be

3 week old

??????so not accepted. ??????

but there is no other way, to get the letter in my

home country, and do all the process ,

come beck ,

in few days.!!!!!!

income letters are not issued by my embassy

from"mfo.gov.il"

AUTHENTICATION OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS

The term "public document" refers to documents that were issued by a court of law, certificates of birth, marriage, divorce, death, official permits, documents relating to seamanship, etc.

The following is required:

1. To have the document authenticated by an authorized judicial or public body.

2. To have the body's signature authenticated by the local Foreign Ministry.

3. Authentication at an Israeli mission

(Thai embassy)

Edited by dauu

... money must show it came from outside Thailand

That's not true! Nobody ask you from where the money comes.

So why did they want a copy of the foreign exchange document from my bank showing the money came from the UK?

Mine is held in a Bangkok Bank account, which has a "Savings Book".

My money comes in by TT (Telegraphic Transfer) and the bank code "FTT" appears by the money in the bank book. This is enough for Pattaya Immigration.

I imagine the "Letter of Proof" would apply to people who bring the money over in Cash or Travellers Cheques, so the "Proof" is the "Bureau de change" transaction receipts. (Was told by a friend in the past to keep them to prove my income.)

... money must show it came from outside Thailand

That's not true! Nobody ask you from where the money comes.

So why did they want a copy of the foreign exchange document from my bank showing the money came from the UK?

Mine is held in a Bangkok Bank account, which has a "Savings Book".

My money comes in by TT (Telegraphic Transfer) and the bank code "FTT" appears by the money in the bank book. This is enough for Pattaya Immigration.

I imagine the "Letter of Proof" would apply to people who bring the money over in Cash or Travellers Cheques, so the "Proof" is the "Bureau de change" transaction receipts. (Was told by a friend in the past to keep them to prove my income.)

My old style pass book had 23 codes listed at the back, in both Thai and English. The code they used for telegraphic transfers was "NOT" which was listed as "ฝากโดยการโอนอื่นๆ" in Thai and "Transfer deposit by other" in English.

The new style pass book lists 45 different codes, 10 at the bottom of the first 4 pages and 5 on the fifth page. They are now in Thai only. The code they now use for telegraphic transfers is "ASFIN" which is listed as "โอนเงินต่างประเทศ" which I translate as meaning "transfer (from) foreign country".

However, while they were changing from one system of codes to the other, they used the code "CRT" for my telegraphic transfers, and this code simply means "credit" - no indication of the source. This they did for two of my yearly transfers and I posted about it in this thread about the "new requirement" for proof that the money was transferred from abroad: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Warning-Reti...t&p=1454517

Edited by JetsetBkk

An example of one rule for Thais and another for farangs.........

A Thai must be 21 to own property in his/her own name.

That means after the 20th birthday.

i.e. in the 21st year............... :)

Sorry, this is incorrect: we bought 2 properties in 2004 on the name of our son (who has dual citizenship) when he was 17 years old. Only restriction was that the properties could not be sold before he turned 21 years of age.

My money on deposit for my extension has never come from outside Thailand and Phuket has never required anything showing it did or didn't. I usually apply 2-3 weeks before.

Once 2 years ago i didn't have enough so used the fact i was over 50 and had a thai child and only needed to show $500,000 ( their figures even though u dont need to show anything in Bangkok). and got my extgension on that fact and next year went back tot he retirement extension.

Also PLEASE

WE all live here and we all KNOW u do NOT get a NEW 1 year visa type "o" or a RENEWAL on the extension for Retirement. Why do so many of you worry about the words when we all know the question and what the poster means????

Also PLEASE

WE all live here and we all KNOW u do NOT get a NEW 1 year visa type "o" or a RENEWAL on the extension for Retirement. Why do so many of you worry about the words when we all know the question and what the poster means????

Because a visa and a permission of stay and the renewal of your permission of stay are 2 completely different things and can lead to confusion. It is better to stick to the official termonology, that makes it easier to explain things.

Also PLEASE

Because a visa and a permission of stay and the renewal of your permission of stay are 2 completely different things and can lead to confusion. It is better to stick to the official termonology, that makes it easier to explain things.

I accept this, but please can you explain what is the difference in practice?