Real Time Departures

Here I am in the Thai Roytal Silk lounge waiting for my Philippine Airline flight from Bangkok to Manila. this flight should have taken off at 13:50 and its now 1445. The actual departure is now 1650. The real time departurew shown on tv still state that this flight is still scheduled for 1:50pm. So very misleading and not to be trusted.

Of course it could be that the flight did leave and i missed it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here I am in the Thai Roytal Silk lounge waiting for my Philippine Airline flight from Bangkok to Manila. this flight should have taken off at 13:50 and its now 1445. The actual departure is now 1650. The real time departurew shown on tv still state that this flight is still scheduled for 1:50pm. So very misleading and not to be trusted.

Of course it could be that the flight did leave and i missed it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o

It happens everywhere.

You're lucky you are in the Thai Royal Silk lounge on that point,because the attendents there get the info on flight delays, departure times. etc. striaght from the Thai office.

If you fly economy...then you need to rely on the boards and the posted times.

At every airport in the world...things like weather delays, traffic loads, etc. always make it difficult to keep a schedule going perfectly.

On a flight from pint A to point B then on to point C....all it takes is a headwind to delay the first flight and the whole schedule is thrown into confusion.

The last time I traveled to Bangkok, I traveled through Istanbul. The flight was delayed in Istanbul for about 2 hours due to bad weather. It was a good thing it was....because the departure gate was changed. The new gate was over a 15 minute walk from the original posted gate on the flight information board. It also took us over 45 minutes to get through all the security checks (we had to go through both departure area checks).

It's just part of air travel these days.

:D