Stickman Going Into Private Investigation

pautai

I was reading this post and the responses earlier this morning, and I noticed that one of the users reading the thread was the stickman himself.  :D

Interesting to note that he didn't post anything.  :o

Why would he ? He's getting free publicity as it is thanks to you guys.

And many more hits on his site, which is good for his income.

Many criticise him, but more read him.

Its his board and only one persons' view on LOS.

He is a good friend of mine, but I do not agree with his views and I have not visited his site since more than 2 years.

just my 2 satang

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stickmans site is good imo, yes it offers one guys view on Thailand, it doesn't pretend to be anymore than that.

I find some, not all of the readers posts quite interesting and I guess to some newbies they are good to read before coming to Thailand or having not long arrived.

The private eye thing, well am not sure I would put myself in that position, is it not a bit dangerous to be getting involved in other peoples lives for financial gain especially in Thailand where large numbers of farangs go missing or are found with their hands tied behind their backs with bags over their heads beside a dodgy suicide note.

I dont know the guy, couldn't spot him in a crowd but am sure there are a lot of farang and Thai girls who could, if he upsets the wrong persons applecart then I think he may find himself in serious trouble. But hey, he's a grown man and he knows what he's getting himself into so good luck to him. :o

If Stickman can make money out of the insecurities of the weak minded and stupid then fair play to him!

Absolutely. :D

just another scam shop, might as well keep at it while you can :D

au revoir :o

Quite

If Stick needs/wants money then good luck to him to get it any way, honourably, that he can. Frankly, I think he should tell anyone who seeks his services to forget it and go home..and in the unlikely event of an LOS girl asking him, he can say the same. If the guy has gone home, forget it.........except that for some people there is a price worth paying.....I know guys who are in the Thai s+++ up to their eye b++++, but it is for them better than Margate....at whatever price, for now...and I know girls who exchanged 2 Rai of Udon for a Council Flat in Walthamstow..but think they are better off, nonetheless...so who gets the good deal?...so who will be the loser...one hopes not kids...etc.etc.

He says....

If you get a bar girl, shop girl or whatever and it dont feel right, then hire a PI to check it out

I say....

If it dont feel right, dont waste money on the PI.....get the <deleted> out of the relationship

Stickman preys on the gullible and naive that will listen to him....

A friend of a friend hired my wife to check out a girl he had met. She reported back that the girl was the ex-mia noi of a Tuk Tuk driver with whom she had had a 4 year old boy, and that she had served time for drug dealing. :o

Amazingly enough, he wasn't scared off.

Being paranoid certainly helps.

Hence playing the field with multiple females, the fun is free and the satisfaction mine.

paranoid for what :D

its a big club of willing females there, as you said join the fun, if it doesn't feel good mei pen rai, move on :D

its just the wussies that get suckered by guys like stickman, smart guys like you and me go for the healthy young gals who mostly study and don't have too much garbage to carry around :D

meet you at the conrad for a beer or two :D

au revoir :o

'quote' there are some women that will do all they can to secure their future.

That's their job isn't it? I always thought that was a womans role in life.

Even Ramsgate girls will try to better their lives. :o

This 'Ramsgate' intrigues me; is it some kind of run down slum in England with crack whores and well fare babies?

Ramsgate is worse than the boondocks , worse than Glasgow . nobody works there except maybe a bit of casual work in summer .

practically everyone in town is on social security ...

So what does he charge?

i dont think its cheap , but maybe depends on how much time he has to spend and how much he thnks you will pay .

i have heard that a copy of the girls phone statement showing who she has been calling up can be 25,000-30,000 bahts . (bribes to phone company emplyoee )

If he has to check out girls who are "respectable" say working in offices he must have to pay bribes for information so his bill could mount up .

but then again how do you know his information is correct ? you cant check it out

I  have heard that a copy of the girls phone statement showing who she has been calling up can be 25,000-30,000 bahts . (bribes to phone company emplyoee )

99% of the girls he checks out, work in the P4P "industry".

I doubt if you can get a copy of calls made on a pre pay mobile phone.

Did you "hear" this rumour in a bar? :o

The simplest check (the majority) is to see if the girl is still working in a bar or 'the' bar as most long distance lovers (fools) believe their loved ones have stopped working. Ahem!

Cost?...... maybe 5,000 - 10,000 if the bar is outside BKK. Just a rough guess on my part. :D

The last comment is the most appropriate one I think, and the others clearly point out it out:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I once paid a "private eye" to let me know if my Thai gf went home for Songkran a few years ago. He took the job and I had to send him 5,000 baht up front. He then told me he wouldn't actually be in BKK for Songkran.

The "Investigation Report" basically said he had gone to her bar after Songkran and she told him she had gone home and "played water" with her family.

What a load of f****ing bullshit. She actually told me herself that she had not been able to go home because she was short of money. Her boss had cut her wages because she had an eye problem and wasn't able to work for a couple of weeks. She told him she had gone home just to make conversation, she also told him she was 26 and actually she was 31. The silly <deleted> believed her, and put that in his report also

So I was ripped off big time by this "private eye". He lives in BKK so his travelling expenses were no more than 100 baht to ask her questions. There was no actual verification carried out by him.

I won't tell you his name because he's pretty well known, and perhaps needless to say, his main job is not a private eye. He still advertises his services.

Posted by ***** | March 5, 2004 01:59 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I used the same private eye as you *****.

only it was to locate a bar girl who was rumored to be carrying my baby. I told the guy of several different bars she could be working in and the jack ass only went to one of them.

i then complained to him about his shitty services and he never replied back.

don't trust these one man shows, you definitely have to go with the professionals. people who know basic investigative and surveillance principals. say, the PI you used he doesn't happen to also operate an unrelated website does he?

Posted by ***** | March 9, 2004 04:02 AM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i had to pay 8000 cause he went all the way to pattaya.

oh well. turned out the rumor was just that, a rumor but she was pregnant with some other dude. but i found out from a bar girl friend of mine, for free.

it's probably easier to just make a network of friends you trust who are will to peek on your girl every now and then.

Posted by ***** | March 9, 2004 10:37 PM

----------------------------------------------------------

***** hits the nail on the head when he says you would not hire a hairdresser to mend your car, so why hire an English Teacher to be a P.I. ????????

Posted by ****** | April 14, 2004 03:55 PM

------------------------------------------------------

The whole point is, once you start dealing with anybody who is a grass, PI or a PD you are so far down in depths of the Pond Life that you will only become a double loser. They make the worst example of 'working girl' look like an angel!

Please don't paint all of us with the same brush. There are low-level gumshoes doing mia noi and bargirl cases, and there are higher-level PI's that cater to bluechip corporate clients. There are good and bad in each class, but we're definitely not all out of some bad B-movie.

The whole point is, once you start dealing with anybody who is a grass, PI or a PD you are so far down in depths of the Pond Life that you will only become a double loser. They make the worst example of 'working girl' look like an angel!

Please don't paint all of us with the same brush. There are low-level gumshoes doing mia noi and bargirl cases, and there are higher-level PI's that cater to bluechip corporate clients. There are good and bad in each class, but we're definitely not all out of some bad B-movie.

What is the difference between a PD checking up on a spouse or one seeing if somebody is selling fake nikes at a market. Just because the client is corporate should mean no difference at all.

I'm also not saying that PD work is wrong either.

So what does he charge?

Save your money.

Instead of paying a PI 10-20,000 baht for a basic investigation, simply buy a small spy-software and log the password of your girlfriend's email account. After you check her email, you will find out all you want to know - and more - just from this small investment. It will really give you piece of mind and save some bucks - if you are really thinking about hiring a PI.

I found out that my girlfriend was receiving email from all over the world. She had profiles posted on dating sites etc. I could read in the email that she was not meeting any of these folks (except one guy - but who never got into her pants). But, it gave me a very clear picture of who she was and what was going on with her romantic life. I was quite shocked about this sweet little girl that kept telling me "no have - no have" each time I asked for some information about her dating life. I had a stiff argument with her and let her know in very clear terms that she had to shape up, or else... After this, she has been more loyal and more sweet sweet than ever. (However, I am still checking on her from time to time and so far all has been good.)

It seems that when the girls know you are not a complete push-over (read: loser/idot) they gain some respect for you.

Here is an example of software I have used and like. I have no association with the company. The software needs to be installed on the machine your girlfriend is using, before she sits down to start her email session.

Perfect Keylogger

Here is an example of another low cost software that will does not need to be pre-installed on the computer. It can find complete email dialogs of Yahoo, AOL or Hotmail etc - by using temporary system files - without the need for email passwords:

Email Recover

After you check your email, you will see how many guys or girls she is emailing with, from what country etc. Quite often she will also keep a saved folder will all her favorite old email from a year or more ago. You can learn somethign about her history as well as her current life.

This little investigative step will save you much wasted effort with a PI. Almost all young BKK girls now have a free email address on Yahoo or Hotmail.

Use technology and knowledge to your advantage! Be safe - not sorry.

Edited by ThaiLover1

ThaiLover1, unless you suspect she's doing the dirty...... i dont think going through her emails is the right thing to do.. everyone deserves some privacy.

ps. good tips/hints for people that might sadly need them. :o

Edited by smacko

What is the difference between a PD checking up on a spouse or one seeing if somebody is selling fake nikes at a market. Just because the client is corporate should mean no difference at all.

I'm also not saying that PD work is wrong either.

Well, for one thing, the guy selling fakes at a market is breaking the law. It's a little different probing into someone's personal affairs.

Edited by PvtDick