Lost Number Plate

Hi there - during heavy rain I managed to lose my front number plate. I went to the Police station in Banglamung and was given a Police report for the loss. Now the car is registered in Bangkok and I live in Chonburi (Pattaya). I have been told that to obtain a replacement number, I will have to go to Bangkok as Chonburi will not issue a new plate. Is this true?? I can't believe it, but suppose it sums up the challenges of Thailand.

Also, if this is the case, I may just transfer the car to Chonburi office. Does anyone know the expense of all this, or indeed can anyone give me some good advice on this subject? Thanks in advance

watchoutfarang

Ar$e - the same as the OP happen to me 2 nights back - Have police report but where in Pattaya / Chonburi do I get the new plate and how much? Also what doc's are needed?

Hi there - during heavy rain I managed to lose my front number plate. I went to the Police station in Banglamung and was given a Police report for the loss. Now the car is registered in Bangkok and I live in Chonburi (Pattaya). I have been told that to obtain a replacement number, I will have to go to Bangkok as Chonburi will not issue a new plate. Is this true?? I can't believe it, but suppose it sums up the challenges of Thailand.

Also, if this is the case, I may just transfer the car to Chonburi office. Does anyone know the expense of all this, or indeed can anyone give me some good advice on this subject? Thanks in advance

watchoutfarang

Just moved 2 bikes from Pretchuap kirikan and Suratani to Phuket, and transfered ownersip. 400 baht each, but I think the move was 20 baht (stampfee) and transfercost 380 baht each.

You get new number and new book (Chonbury). Very simple, and it took 7 days. Old book and plate returned locally.