Visa Confused

Hi im new here.

Ive been visiting thailand regularly for the last 12 years. Now im 36 i want to spend alot more time there. In June/july ill be flying out and hoping not to go back until maybe march next year before the songkran. Im getting conflicting info from my freinds who live/visit thailand regarding visa's. Ive been told to download a visa app from the thai embassey in birmingham, fill it in and send £100. Apparently this gives me 3 sets of 90days, after 90 days i do a visa run. After doing this 3 times, im to return to the u.k. and repeat the app??.

Yet on the visa form it says i must be working(permit) in thailand, have a buisness or be married to qualify for this visa. A mate says he has this visa yet he has none of those qualifications. I cant get hold of him at the moment to grill him further.

I do appolagise as i know i must be asking a Q's yas are all sick off. But when i get to thailand i want everything to be 100% and to run as smoothly as possible.

Cheers.

What you want is a multiple enttry non immigrant O visa to visit friends.

Where it says number of entries write multiple.

This visas will allow you to enter as many times as want and get 90 days every entry. If leave and return before it expires you can get antoher 90 days which gives you almost 15 months total without needing to get another visa.

Apparently this gives me 3 sets of 90days, after 90 days i do a visa run. After doing this 3 times, im to return to the u.k. and repeat the app??.

Your friends are wrong. It provides unlimited entry/exit for a one year period of visa validity and if you enter the day before the visa expires you get a new 90 day stay. So can cover almost 15 months. Each allowed entry will be 90 days.

What would happen to the multiple if you left the kingdom for a period of more than 90 days, and therefore were unable to report to immigration?

I assume it lapses/becomes redundant, but, TIT so ........................ :o

Penkoprod

What would happen to the multiple if you left the kingdom for a period of more than 90 days, and therefore were unable to report to immigration?

Penkoprod

Nothing would happen. There is no need to report to Immigration with a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa.

Nope!!

If you have a multiple-entry visa it only stops working on the 'enter before' date.

You don't have to report to immigration, because you're never in the country for more than 90 days :D

I assume it lapses/becomes redundant, but, TIT so ........................ :D

Nope!!

If you have a multiple-entry visa it only stops working on the 'enter before' date.

You don't have to report to immigration, because you're never in the country for more than 90 days :D

Thanks for the quick reply and clarification :o

Thanks for your replys, makes sense. Ive stayed in thailand before on overstay, but although im only 36 now, i was 26 then and alot more fearless and STUPID. This is why everything has to be 100%. While im over there and LIVING there ill make a decision as to stay, as i know its alot differant to live than to holiday.

Your site is a wealth of info.........cheers.

Cheers folks ive just printed out the visa app from the hull site which has an extra couple of pages from the one i originally had, just disclaimers, no prob.

BUT, where it says "proposed duration of stay".......do i put "90 days, or 6, 12 month ect". The rest of the form im comfy with, i just dont wanna be sending this off only to be refused due to a fault with wording.

Cheers folks ive just printed out the visa app from the hull site which has an extra couple of pages from the one i originally had, just disclaimers, no prob.

BUT, where it says "proposed duration of stay".......do i put "90 days, or 6, 12 month ect". The rest of the form im comfy with, i just dont wanna be sending this off only to be refused due to a fault with wording.

12 months

Hull, Cardiff and Birmingham should all be able to issue you with a multi-entry

Non Immigrant O visa based on visiting friends.

The visa is valid for one year and will give you 90 days on each entry,

then you need a border run, out/in again to get the next 90 days.