Printe Yellow Pages In English ?

AsiaWolfie

There is a current yellow page book for Bangkok that is given to phone customers each year. You get a card and make the choice of what you want, hard copy, cd, etc. A few months later someone comes around and everyone gets a Thai hard copy. If you ask for English language good luck - have never received and the old system was you had to go to the main phone exchange to pick up in person years ago. These days it seems only hotels get them. There has also been fighting on who is the official printer with several different books being supplied in recent years.

Sorry but don't have information on how you can get one but perhaps asking at a phone office would be a good start.

go to Chit Lom station BTS get off on the same side as soi3 and ask anyone at the gate how to get to the Telephone office. When you get in there ask for a copy and I think you have got to go to the 3rd or 4th floor and get it there. That's the way I was told and I have a copy. It's old now so the next time I go, I'll have better information. I should be that way next week. Best I can offer.

Edited by Kringle

is there such thing as a PRINTED yellow pages existing for BKK or even Thailand ? if so, where can I get it. if not, WHY not ;-)))  would be a good business opportunity then ;-)))

What a lot of people do not realise is that you can dial 1188 on any phone for yellow pages,then select the English option. It has never failed me yet. They are very ggod,especially if you want an hotel. \for instance I once phoned them for hotels in Sara Buri and they gave me a list of all of them(bit hard for BKK) It is one service where they do speak good English. Better than in England at the mo, as at home the service is routed through the phillipines.