Real Reasons Thai Women & West Don't Mix

Dr. Burrito

I thought the thread about transplanting Thai women back to the West was pretty good, but perhaps lacking in a bit of clarity. From my own experiences with the Missus and knowing what I know about each place, I venture the following. I'm sure more than a few can add to these.

* Som Tam in Thailand = 20-25 baht - Som Tam in Los Angeles = 350 baht

* The puzzled look when a Thai lady walks into a Western Salon with a head full of wet hair and asks them to dry it. After the puzzled look and bewilderment passes, the 800 baht fee

* My wife's quizzical look at a Dallas Thai restaurant before she whispers to me. 'I thought I asked for spicy.'

* Computer keyboards in America don't have Thai script

* The ever so regular question, 'What do they speak in Thailand anyway, Taiwanese?'

* Som Tam in America, 'Mai Arroy!'

* Cold in Thailand = 50 degrees

* Fear of cannibalism by over-sized Americans when the all-you-can-eat Catfish bar runs our of Catfish

* Having to shop in the kid's department to find clothes that fit (at least in Texas)

* Som Tam in Thailand = 20-25 baht - Som Tam in Dallas = 450 baht (Mai Arroy)

* 'Where's the maid at this house anyway?' when we visit my parents.

to which I remarked

'Honey, this is called a washing machine.'

Return tickets are always the best way to ease conflict :o

Edited by Dr. Burrito

That's the complete oposite of my wife... she like to brag about 'bargains' she got... She is 'wicked' when it comes to 'bartering'... enough to make a second hand car dealer weep!! And, if it is too much she'll just walk away without another word.  Saves me fortunes!  :o

Mine's the same way. I love a bargin as much as the next guy but I can recall many times thinking. "Geez babe.... let the poor guy eat!"

cv

The UK is, as you know, awash with 'Charity' Shops. Thai view on 2nd hand Gap and Next clothes at 50p-£2.00. "These are made in Thailand. Why aren't Thai children's clothes made of the same material?"

She is sending clothes parcels back to LOS! Does not make up for the lack of fermented fish which has to come by Special Delivery from Manchester

That's the complete oposite of my wife... she like to brag about 'bargains' she got... She is 'wicked' when it comes to 'bartering'... enough to make a second hand car dealer weep!! And, if it is too much she'll just walk away without another word.  Saves me fortunes!  :D

Mine's the same way. I love a bargin as much as the next guy but I can recall many times thinking. "Geez babe.... let the poor guy eat!"

cv

It's embarrassing sometimes... :o

Rav, it is only embarrasing to you.I bet it's not embarrassing to your good wife or the vendor. :D Well, that's the way I think anyway. :D

The comment about the charity shops is a good one, my thai friends are all walking around in top of the range clothes from these shops & can't beleive how cheap such good quality clothes are & wonder why English people throw them out. Me & hubby are going to do the round before coming back in March as the MIL will be thrilled with the blouses & trousers that can be found in them :D A male thai friend of hubbys actually bought so many pairs of jeans from the "50p" shop that when the tsunami struck he & his wife had a sort out & had a stall at an east London market & raised a few hundred quid for the relief fund & his initial outlay was about 60 quid :o

Yes all very funny

Esp the Thai restarants.....falang thai is disgusting ,a bland mix more like chinese and i cant imagine how bad an american thai restarant wld be.

Had the hairwash experience while on holiday in NZ ....went in for a wash and got charged 30 bucks.

We are lucky here in Sydney with our tiny little Thaitown....lots of thai goodies and many of the thai chillies and fruits are grown in queensland.

Shopping yep again while on hol in NZ we bought nice stuff in the kids dept of the Warehouse.

Taiwanese :D ....only in the US !!!

Why cant I go eat at 2 in the morning when i am hungry was another one.

My Missus goes back to BKK three or four times a year....she hates it and loves australia ....but must go back for shopping and eating !!!!

I don't get so embarrassed in Thailand... but here in Greece? "I wan discown." Then the vendor frowns... and I say, "No, it's ok babe, that's the pirce."  :o

Just goes to show you .... you can take the girl out of Thailand but you can't take Thailand out of the girl.................

More in context of the original post

Why dont thai women and western women mix.

Well My lady has been in aus 10 years.

Her friends are 95% thai here in Syd.

I took her on hol to NZ where she met a lot of old friends of my ex wife etc.

They tended to look down on her......except her jewelry that was....of which she made a lot herself while working for a Jewelry factory in BKK.

One friend wondered how we communicated....her english is still pretty average.

Basicly insinuated all I was in it for was a cleaner and sex.

The boys loved her of course because she is a size 6 big thai smile and cheeky as ######.

HEHEH the fat and fortyish kiwi bitches didnt like that.Her view is she finds euro women too big and noisy,and a bit threatening.

Shopping well universal common ground there ,except not many of the Boutiques had her size.

Food ...well the barbys were fun she loves a steak ,and some of the best restarants in akld and sydneys chefs have been offended when she asks for a bowl of chilli!!!

Yes all very funny

Esp the Thai restarants.....falang thai is disgusting ,a bland mix more like chinese and i cant imagine how bad an american thai restarant wld be.

Had the hairwash experience while on holiday in NZ ....went in for a wash and got charged 30 bucks.

We are lucky here in Sydney with our tiny little Thaitown....lots of thai goodies and many of the thai chillies and fruits are grown in queensland.

Shopping yep again while on hol in NZ we bought nice stuff in the kids dept of the Warehouse.

Taiwanese :D ....only in the US !!!

Why cant I go eat at 2 in the morning when i am hungry was another one.

My Missus goes back to BKK three or four times a year....she hates it and loves australia ....but must go back for shopping and eating !!!!

I don't get so embarrassed in Thailand... but here in Greece? "I wan discown." Then the vendor frowns... and I say, "No, it's ok babe, that's the pirce."  :o

Just goes to show you .... you can take the girl out of Thailand but you can't take Thailand out of the girl.................

I see few westerners fully adopting thai ways, why should the thais be any different? You can't throw away decades of ingrained culture everytime you move. I love the multiculturalism and variety that immigrants bring to the west. You just have to adjust is all, not completly change.

cv