Cheapest Way To Book Thai Airways Tickets

wtk

I have been reading that there are ways to book thai airways flights cheaper than just going to their website to book but I havent found a place yet.

I am only looking for information about phuket-bangkok(and back) flights and thai airways website quotes 2675 baht for one way. I asked for a quote from thaivisa and they quoted the same price.

what agent/website/etc are you using to book thai airways tickets?

and please dont turn this thread to compare thai airways to other airlines etc. I have flown airasia and bangkok airways several times and i have my reasons to fly with thai airways in the future

thanks

I have found that the prices quoted on their website are the same as a walk-in customer at one of their offices. For domestic travel, I seriously doubt there's any travel agents offering significant price breaks. International travel yes, but domestic no.

I have been reading that there are ways to book thai airways flights cheaper than just going to their website to book but I havent found a place yet.

I am only looking for information about phuket-bangkok(and back) flights and thai airways website quotes 2675 baht for one way. I asked for a quote from thaivisa and they quoted the same price.

and please dont turn this thread to compare thai airways to other airlines etc. I have flown airasia and bangkok airways several times and i have my reasons to fly with thai airways in the future

thanks

I always used Yahoo travel with good results - they teamed with Travelocity, up until recently when Yahoo switched service providers and steered me to some looney UK company call ebookers. A big hassle, but look on the bright side: Telephone call-center support in India!

Go to www.Travelocity.com and compare prices there.

You said: “I am only looking for information about phuket-bangkok(and back) flights and thai airways website quotes 2675 baht for one way.”

Are you so impoverished that you worry about 200 or 300 baht? Maybe you can't afford a PC and internet access.

I have found that for domestic travel, the Thai Airways prices are usually cheaper or the same as travel agents, because there is no service fee and you can see the actual fare options displayed. I do not purchase a ticket from any of the major search engines because those search engines (with the exception of this month) add on a service fee.

For international flights, I suggest people look at the trip as 2 segments. Sometimes the search engines have a good deal on going to Thailand depending upon the deal they have that month wiith an airline For the past year, I have found that Orbitz has better prices for flights to the EU and North America from Thailand. EVA airlines almost always offers better pricing on its website than any of the search engines and for flights to Thailand can be 30-50,000 baht less than the search engines. Expedia and Travelocity pricing is always more expensive than Orbitz 90% of the time. Just my experience.

You said: "I am only looking for information about phuket-bangkok(and back) flights and thai airways website quotes 2675 baht for one way."

Are you so impoverished that you worry about 200 or 300 baht? Maybe you can't afford a PC and internet access.

I know flying with the most expensive airline here and then asking to get a few hundred baht discounts is a bit weird. the reason is that i go to bangkok and back several times a year and i dont travel alone so if i can go to another website or place to save some money then i think it is worth asking since asking is usually free.

thanks for all the answers

thanks

I always used Yahoo travel with good results - they teamed with Travelocity, up until recently when Yahoo switched service providers and steered me to some looney UK company call ebookers. A big hassle, but look on the bright side: Telephone call-center support in India!

Go to www.Travelocity.com and compare prices there.

You said: "I am only looking for information about phuket-bangkok(and back) flights and thai airways website quotes 2675 baht for one way."

Travelocity did not offer any THAI options.

AKL_BKK_AKL

Qantas + BA $NZ2800.00 ret for my dates in Oct and Jan.

Book THAI thru local travel agents, $NZ1460.00 ret and get the cheap fares to LoS.

One way to BKK, is $NZ599.00, no cheaoie leaving.

Why the massive difference

I always travel Thai, better than anything else to BKK, only non stop service.

Possibly Brunei may have non stop.

thanks

Amazing that you made a clear post, yet so many people can't read simple English. People come back telling you about international travel, tell you to try a different airline, recommend Travelocity or other websites that are much more expensive. Please people, learn to read!!!!

In answer to the OP's question, for domestic travel you will not find any prices cheaper with any online services than with the Thai website. Sometimes Thai does have specials that are not listed on the website though. To book those, it's best to contact a local Thai ticket office. Sometimes local travel agents also offer those special fares, but they won't be any cheaper than direct with Thai. Any specials you may find will normally be totally restrictive (no refunds, no changes), and will require you to pay for the ticket immediately (no advance reservations).

On Thai's website they have a current promotion with seats Phuket to Bangkok available for 1,060 THB + tax, if you're traveling Monday-Thursday. See http://www.thaiairways.co.th/Promotion2009...r/index_en.html

thanks

Amazing that you made a clear post, yet so many people can't read simple English. People come back telling you about international travel, tell you to try a different airline, recommend Travelocity or other websites that are much more expensive. Please people, learn to read!!!!

In answer to the OP's question, for domestic travel you will not find any prices cheaper with any online services than with the Thai website. Sometimes Thai does have specials that are not listed on the website though. To book those, it's best to contact a local Thai ticket office. Sometimes local travel agents also offer those special fares, but they won't be any cheaper than direct with Thai. Any specials you may find will normally be totally restrictive (no refunds, no changes), and will require you to pay for the ticket immediately (no advance reservations).

On Thai's website they have a current promotion with seats Phuket to Bangkok available for 1,060 THB + tax, if you're traveling Monday-Thursday. See http://www.thaiairways.co.th/Promotion2009...r/index_en.html

Thanks for the answer.

I didnt know you had to go different page to be able to book promo flights. with most airlines i have been dealing with it is enough to just go to the front page and search for flights and they will include the promo flights in that search too so thanks for pointing this out.

with 1600 baht one way i would have booked this in one second. this time i decided to book our flights through airasia though since they had a nice promo just in time. 380 baht one way with 15kg luggage per person won the battle against 2675 baht from thai airways at the time.

also, i guess talking about international flights made sense too because i said that i had heard about ways to book flights cheaper than using thai airways website but did not know the ways and answering with "it is only true with international flights"

I just hope everybody learnt something from this thread :)

Have safe flights in the future, everybody!