Found A New Indian Restaurant

canopus1969

I think its silly that someone would expect foreign food with foreign ingredients, with foreign chefs, at Local Thai prices.

:D

Yes, and wishful thinking.

can i have apint of whats megs had :)

Looks like you've had a few too many :D

I finally got around to trying out the new Indian Restaurant last night.

I was looking forward to being able to compare 'Curries' with the Tikka Center on Soi Bua Khao..

Ordered Chicken Tikka Masala, Popadoms, Nan Bread and Yellow Rice. Very nice friendly service. Clean table (nice compared to the Tikka Center where there are often curry marks on the tablecloth :) ) The popadoms came immediately and were not hot so I don't think they were fresh popadoms but they were still OK.

Even though I commented that the rice was too expensive for 50 baht, I must agree that you do get a very large serving for the price. I had to leave half a plate of rice! The curry was nice and very tasty. Nice large pieces of chicken and they made it nice and spicy as we had requested.

I'll definitely be returning! Since the Tikka Center made us wait an hour for our last meal there (And also put their beer price up to something like 90 baht), we have been on the lookout for a new Indian eatery for quite a while and glad to have found out about this place. Thanks to the OP for posting this information...

BTW: This is my 1,000th post. Where is my drum roll ? :D:D

I was looking forward to being able to compare 'Curries' with the Tikka Center on Soi Bua Khao..

Ordered Chicken Tikka Masala, Popadoms, Nan Bread and Yellow Rice. Very nice friendly service. Clean table (nice compared to the Tikka Center where there are often curry marks on the tablecloth :) ) The popadoms came immediately and were not hot so I don't think they were fresh popadoms but they were still OK.

Even though I commented that the rice was too expensive for 50 baht, I must agree that you do get a very large serving for the price. I had to leave half a plate of rice! The curry was nice and very tasty. Nice large pieces of chicken and they made it nice and spicy as we had requested.

I'll definitely be returning! Since the Tikka Center made us wait an hour for our last meal there (And also put their beer price up to something like 90 baht), we have been on the lookout for a new Indian eatery for quite a while and glad to have found out about this place. Thanks to the OP for posting this information...

Nice review , I'll be trying this place soon as the Tikka Center is exactly as you described with their filthy stained table cloths. :D

I am glad to hear UK people like Curries so much. I've got to get back there, I love a good curry.

Just to note I reported favorably on this place a long time ago, but was summarily pooh poohed:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2484981

BTW, I have soured a bit on Royal Indian Hut although I still think it is decent. I have found it a bit too inconsistent and also their nan went downhill the same time they raised the price, how Pattaya can you get?

Edited by Jingthing

Next time may I suggest you try the Lamb over the Chicken – absolutely delicious

I went the other night to this new Indian Restaurent on Soi LK Metro, very very nice, there was no air con by the way, but plenty of fans inside and out.

The inside of the restaurent looks very nice, better than the Tikka Centre.

The staff were also very nice and helpfull, checking to see that all was OK half way through my meal, and very polite.

I will be going again.

I went the other night to this new Indian Restaurent on Soi LK Metro, very very nice, there was no air con by the way, but plenty of fans inside and out.

The inside of the restaurent looks very nice, better than the Tikka Centre.

The staff were also very nice and helpfull, checking to see that all was OK half way through my meal, and very polite.

I will be going again.

Thanks for the 'heads-up' I shall be checking this new place out ASAP and will report back.

I really enjoy discovering new places and I'm tempted to head off there this evening following positive comments.

My favourite Indian Restuarant at the moment is at the top of soi 5 Pratumnak, opposite Family Mart. Good value for money, ice cold beer and can watch football games on the TV's & big screen. The attentive staff don't hassle you and ask you if your food is okay (because it just is), instead they ask if you need more beer and which team you want to win, which is great. Very relaxed atmosphere.

50 baht is a bit steep for a plate of rice. But will still be checking it out as I just can't resist a good Indian!

Chicken Tikka Masala....Poppadoms... Naan bread.... watering mouth.... :):D

50 baht + 160 baht, its all a bit steep, for a curry! :D

I don't think its steep at all for the curry. This is Indian curry we're talking about, Not Thai curry. Every Indian restaurant I have been to, the food is prepared by Indian people. I don't mind paying the price when its being cooked by proper Indians.

Foreign food in Thailand, cooked by foreign people, You just can't get it at Thai prices.

I do however, think that Carrefour's Indian stall is too expensive for what you get... When I ate there, my food was MICROWAVED. None of it was fresh and it was the worst Indian Ive ever tasted!

Last time i had a curry in gb was nearly 2 years ago,when i went back for holiday,and the balti chicken with spinach was about 8.50,the rice 1.50 and the nan 90p,from memory.SO in thai baht that will be over 500 baht and thats without 3.50 for a pint of Kingfisher draught.