Computer Pheripheral Shopping

123anup

hey ya all

am coming for vacation to bangkok in 3rd week.. will stay for 4days..

whats the situation like after the pandemic...(swine crisis) anything to be worried about..

am planning to buy some computer parts there...

a nvidia graphic card 1gb - 9 series (any suggestions)

a ASUS motherboard p5n64 ws professional

or

gigabyte motherboard (any suggestions) -- preffered m/b- ga n680sli dq6

if budget permitts a core2quad proc

how much will it cost me.. shops to look for...

Here are other health problems you have to be worried about ;-)

A good place for your shopping will be Pantip Plaza. It is a big building with many computer shops (hard- and software). But I hope you can handle this with the international warranty for your parts. Often it is just for Thailand.

In my case there was almost no NEW part that I did not have to replace at least one time... DVD-RW (4x), HD (2x), mother board (1x), graphic card (1x), memory (1x), USB-HUB (2x), external HD-box (2x) etc. I would say almost everything what I bought in the last years...and I am getting tired of buying new things because of this. But perhaps you have more luck.

A good place for your shopping will be Pantip Plaza. It is a big building with many computer shops (hard- and software). But I hope you can handle this with the international warranty for your parts. Often it is just for Thailand.

In my case there was almost no NEW part that I did not have to replace at least one time... DVD-RW (4x), HD (2x), mother board (1x), graphic card (1x), memory (1x), USB-HUB (2x), external HD-box (2x) etc. I would say almost everything what I bought in the last years...and I am getting tired of buying new things because of this. But perhaps you have more luck.

Let me add FORTUNE TOWN. Its almost as large as Pantip but more relaxed to shop and easier to reach with public transport.

If you are nor familiar with Bangkok I suggest Fortune. Take a ride with the Tube to Rama 9 station. The IT mall is next to the exit

Guest Reimar

Let me add FORTUNE TOWN. Its almost as large as Pantip but more relaxed to shop and easier to reach with public transport.

If you are nor familiar with Bangkok I suggest Fortune. Take a ride with the Tube to Rama 9 station. The IT mall is next to the exit

And I would add ZER Rangsit which is bigger than Pantip and Fortune together, even with slightly better prices.

Zer is located at the Viphawadi Rangsit Road just after the old Airport Don Mueang and where the Paholyothin Road ends. Well kown by Taxi drivers as well.

Cheers.

as i mentioned the mobo proc and graphics card.. would 20,000baht be enough or can i get them even cheap ..

because in india the prices of above mentioned components are around nvidia 9series 1 gb - 6500/-

gigabyte mobo- 5000/- processor core2 quad - 9000/- INR

I would stick with Pantip plaza.

It's big enough, it has pretty much everything you would like (and probably some more, I can never get out of there without buying some new kind of junk :) , and it'll be probably the closest place to where ever you will be staying.

I think that this is the most important part of your decision where to go shopping, the distance.

Otherwise, the price and the "warranty" are pretty much the same.

Have fun and stay away from those 32gb "Vaio" thumb drives, they are fake.

Guest Reimar

It's big enough, it has pretty much everything you would like (and probably some more, I can never get out of there without buying some new kind of junk :) , and it'll be probably the closest place to where ever you will be staying.

I think that this is the most important part of your decision where to go shopping, the distance.

If you ever was been at ZER, you would know that you're wrong!

Not only that ZER is much bigger than Pantip it also has a huge area for mobile phones, a lot more sparepart shops like Nattapong for electronic prts and others part shops which carries parts you'll never find at Pantip. The difference is huge!

And just as a side note, there more software shops which much less Sex Movie "Advertiser's" as well.

Even Amorn has a very huge shop in the Basement.

For to see all at ZER, you'll need a day!

Cheers.

Not only that ZER is much bigger than Pantip it also has a huge area for mobile phones, a lot more sparepart shops like Nattapong for electronic prts and others part shops which carries parts you'll never find at Pantip. The difference is huge!

And just as a side note, there more software shops which much less Sex Movie "Advertiser's" as well.

Cheers.

I have never been to ZER (sounds interesting) and it might be bigger than Pantip or other places. But is it really worth the long and not so cheap taxi ride? Do you not get the same things you get at Pantip or other places in the town?

It is somehow a good sign that they sell sex movies at Pantip Plaza. So they might sell other not allowed software too ;-) Not so much police and because of this more freedom of choice in Pantip? At least most of the time BUT not always. Then it is pretty empty.

Never been to ZER, I live quite close to Petchburi Rd. and I can't remember a time I went to Pantip and could not find what ever I was looking for.

On the other hand, If there's something irritating at Pantip it's the "pssst, sex movie" guys, they really bother me, but I guess that's a small price to pay.

Also, on the sidewalk outside of Pantip they sell some of the best fried chicken I ate in Bangkok :)

(After your pitch, I might go there just to see what is it all about)

It's big enough, it has pretty much everything you would like (and probably some more, I can never get out of there without buying some new kind of junk :D , and it'll be probably the closest place to where ever you will be staying.

Cheers.